Skip to content

What location, from your point of view, would be the best setting for the Elder Scrolls VI?

13»

Comments

• GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Yo n'wah dawg, why don't you just donate monies (gonna need a billion bucks or maybe a lil more) to make me le majority shareholder of ZeniMax, know what am sayin.
    Imma gonna have Zeni grow a huge mushroom tower get a nice HQ somewhere in Eastern Europe, and put 99% of current Bethesda staff in the Corprusarium research centre beneath, as their blight errors must be contained and studied rather than allowed to uncontrollably spread in the gamedev.
    Will abduct consult all the Khajit and Argonian n'wah slaves volunteers who worked on Tamriel Rebuilt and then get more nice slaves employees, and then again some more, and finally give you The Elder Scrolls VI: Return to Castle Wolfenstein Vvardenfell you always wanted.
    Will give dat TES6 at least 2000% more unrestrained racial hate linguistic quirks, 10000% more functional brothels entertainment options, and 89999.99% more realistic skooma & moonshoogahhr effects alchemy.
    Will also give dat TES6 some immersive Grand Theft Auto Horse/Guar/Silt-Strider and Saints Almsivi Row mechanics, so you can get dem gang/house/religion/tribe/daedra-prince/whatever wars going, as well as an exhaustive Sims3-like socio-biological implementation, so you can feel dat scrib in your tummy, and your crush can feel it in your breath #haha #dropdead #yolo #likeaboss
    Will surely release dat über awesome Goat Cliff Racer Simulator DLC, allowing you to team up with all your Cliff Racer pals and harass random people, as well as do some downright silly stuff (dat puure 100% Cliff Racer ragdoll experience), and participate in super kool Spyro-like flight minigames to compete in leaderboards for new limited-edition Cliff Racer diseases.
    Will also hire really hot models to cosplay full-time as Almalexia & Vivec (with 200% more chim), so you can stalk their Snap&Insta accounts while bored at work.
    Will obviously sell Sujamma online, so you can drink when you play and play when you drink, or even drink when you drink in-game, and then drink some more.
    Will eventually open up a fashion house, peddle dat 100% premium organic bonemeal attire you didn't know you need, and get all dat sweet House Telvanni/Indoril/Dagoth/[inserthousenamehere] swag rollin on dem runways in no time for sure.
    And might even buy a cheap Greek or Croatian island just to rename it 'Vvardenfell' for the lulz.
    Come. Lets. Make. Teh. Eldr. Scrolz. GREAT. AGAIN. xoxo

:smirk:
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    God said:

Will surely release dat über awesome Goat Cliff Racer Simulator DLC, allowing you to team up with all your Cliff Racer pals and harass random people, as well as do some downright silly stuff (dat puure 100% Cliff Racer ragdoll experience), and participate in super kool Spyro-like flight minigames to compete in leaderboards for new limited-edition Cliff Racer diseases.

I'd play that.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Who knows, they just have to say C0DA is canon and then anything goes.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    edited November 2016
    Argonia is the only logical place to put this. After the relative vanilla human fantasy of Oblivion and the Norse (but still humanoid) world of Skyrim, it's definitely time to go back to the more alien-esque theme of Morrowind. That said, nothing even really points to this being in development yet, which may indicate that they are perfectly happy with what they are making off ESO (which is actually quite good) and the relatively free money they are making off the Skyrim remaster (which is nothing the PC modding community didn't do 4 years ago).
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944

Argonia is the only logical place to put this. After the relative vanilla human fantasy of Oblivion and the Norse (but still humanoid) world of Skyrim, it's definitely time to go back to the more alien-esque theme of Morrowind. That said, nothing even really points to this being in development yet, which may indicate that they are perfectly happy with what they are making off ESO (which is actually quite good) and the relatively free money they are making off the Skyrim remaster (which is nothing the PC modding community didn't do 4 years ago).

There's a saying Argonia is Elder scrolls version of Atlantis.

• jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    edited November 2016
    There is one zone in ESO that focuses on it, and actually, the most recent DLC is two dungeons there as well. I haven't seen either yet, but both are probably a pretty good indication of what we might be looking at. Elder Scrolls Online is WAY better than I ever imagined it would be. It's particularly beautiful, and they seem to have really hit their groove in the last year, with changes to sustain it for the long haul. The Crown Store isn't nearly as sinister a cash grab as SWTOR's, and it can be enjoyed very easily as a single-player experience. There are dungeons, but no raiding to speak of, so you can reasonably expect to see all the content if you desire eventually. I encourage anyone starved for more Elder Scrolls content to check it out. It's massive, it scales, and it's also a prequel, so it doesn't step on any future lore. The only real difference is the combat (to an extent, because MMOs are MMOs) and the fact that there are alot of people around. But to me, it feels just as alive (if not more so) when I log on than WoW has the last 5 years. The guild quests are all there, the crafting is robust and intricate, and I'm able to run it at 1080p on high settings with a very modest 940mx at a steady 30 fps, give or take 5 here and there.
    Post edited by jjstraka34 on
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    I'd like to see either Valenwood followed by Summerset Isles, or Summerset Isles followed by Valenwood. I know that's two mer nations in a row, but we just had two human nations in a row so I think it's only fair.

Just from a graphical perspective, they should save Elsweyr and Black Marsh for last so that the rendering on your character, should you choose to play a Khajit or Argonian respectively, is the best of any of their Tamriel-based games.

Then they should branch out to Akavir, Yokuda and Atmora. I'd hate for them to move on from Tamriel as a continent before covering every nation.

And frankly, I'd like to see High Rock re-done as a final farewell to Tamriel where they started in Elder Scrolls II after they do Elseweyr and Black Marsh, but that's just my nostalgic Daggerfall lover talking...also they should do games at the same 1:1 scale Daggerfall was at so we can actually see how vast the distances are and how huge the cities are in terms of square km...like Vivec in Morrowind is supposed to be bigger than any city in High Rock according to Lore, but it takes less time in-game to traverse Vivec on foot than even medium-sized cities in Daggerfall.

end rant
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    In all honesty i don't mind where it is located, i just desperately want Elder Scrolls 6 at this point, but i don't see it coming any time soon.

And it's been already 6 years from Skyrim >.>
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Well, they hinted that nothing on that side will published in the next two or three years. So I won't hold my breath for TES:VI any time soon.

Come to think of it another location which could be interesting are the other heavenly bodies beside Nirn.
    Just think of it as a fantasy space opera a la' Spelljammer with the return of the Dwemer or some different starfolk! :sunglasses:

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Bethesda has three large projects in the works – two "classically Bethesda" games and a new mobile game.

"We've got a good number of projects on the go," Todd Howard said. "We're bigger now and we do want to be putting out more stuff. We have two larger projects that are more classically the scale of what we do, but even bigger. We overlap the projects so we're working on them at the same time, but they're staggered," he teased. "I can't talk a lot about them, but I can say that they're bigger than anything we've ever done. They're a bit different, but definitely in the wheelhouse that people are used to from us."

http://www.glixel.com/news/bethesdas-todd-howard-hints-at-3-new-games-w467778
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    edited February 2017
    TES VI and Fallout 4: New Vegas 2: New New Orleans, probably?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @scriver You take that back. Bethesda did not develop New Vegas.
    I know they didn't develop it, but they own it and they hired Avellone.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @scriver Bethesda owns the IP and (hence) they published it. They didn't hire Avellone, but it was developed by Obsidian Entertainment, where he worked at the time. Fallout: New Vegas is not a Bethesda game.
    Avellone is on Bethesda now: www.polygon.com/platform/amp/e3/2016/6/13/11919114/chris-avellone-prey-2-bethesda-arkane-studios

Here's a relevant tweet by him: https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/713140991121711104
    "Nah, I freelance now (no Obs.), besides don't think the franchise will go beyond Beths. again - and that's why I freelance. ;) "
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    I think it would be interesting if it wasn't as closely tied to a specific region as the earlier games. I would love a game that takes place in the eastern parts of Elsweyr and western parts of Black Marsh, with that tiny strip of Cyrodiil between.

Exploration could be more fun then since there would be a greater diversion of culture and environments. I'd also love to explore places where khajiits or argonians are the norm and not the eternal outcasts.
    I think it would also be a good idea to focus on a smaller part of an area, so the the game won't feel as ridiculously cramped.
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    Black Marsh would be cool if they made it really claustrophobic and more about survival instead of charging through a swamp swinging your sword at everything with a pulse. It would also be nice to have a fantasy RPG where the world isn't a dilapidated mess.
  • Saber83Saber83 Member Posts: 94
    As far as I know, a modder has already created (or is working on a mod) that adds Elsweyr to a Skyrim game. Of course if Bethesda want to develop a game in that setting, that's their prerogative, but I think Hammerfell would make a nice addition.