Skip to content

Next updates for BGEE and BGIIEE

Hi!
Is there an approximate ETA for these updates? /J

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,551
    At present, no - which is sad, because I love patches :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,739
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    Do you think there will be further patches? I hope so, I'm loving bgee and bg2ee, hope they continue to support them :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,739
    @Madrict Yes, there will be. It's not a question:)

According to the Devs, "Nothing has been officially stated regarding which game will receive its patch next, so I wouldn't guarantee that one game will be patched before the other."

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/619598/#Comment_619598

So, "will recieve" clearly shows that there will be a further patch.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Do they need more patches?
    I kinda hope they don't release anymore, I'm hella sick of uninstalling and reinstalling all the mods.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Madrict said:

Do you think there will be further patches?

Yes there will be. There were things added in the IWD 1.4 patch, like the improved pathfinding, that have yet to be included in the other games. So at the very least we'll see patches that include those changes, if nothing else. I wouldn't be surprised if the IWD spells and Bard songs also make their way into the BG games as well, seeing as how those BG components were added to the more recent game.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited April 2015
    I would doubt they have any plans to add iwd spells or abilities to the BG series. Beyond having an option for sneak attack.
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    That would be pretty cool if they did add the IWDEE spells, why do you think they won't?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,551
    Well, BGEE druids definitely need a better choice of spells like their counterparts in IWDEE. Should they add some IWDEE spells for this class, it would be great indeed. However, I doubt they will do that.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited April 2015

That would be pretty cool if they did add the IWDEE spells, why do you think they won't?

It has the potential for a lot more bugs. Plus there is a mod for it for those that want it already.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.