Skip to content

the most embarrassing way you have lost a fight in BG2.

Comments

• CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Stomped flat like an @EmptyPepsiCan .
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    CaptRory said:

Stomped flat like an @EmptyPepsiCan .

Me will crush you! Crush you to [ @EmptyPepsiCan ]!
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Just yesterday, I was raiding the Troll Mound, and due to pure carelesness and laziness on my part, I had my wild mage pc surrounded by the trolls. I didn't see him, and wasted his aura for a silly spell. Then I couldn't escape as trolls teared his stoneskin. In panic, I gave him the ring of protection+2, girdle of bluntness, to increase his not-stellar ac. I hoped he could survive for one round, and I ordered a potion of invisibility to be drunk, was waiting for the aura to clear.

Nope. They tore him apart. Sure 'trolled' me. And I was lvl 12, if I had death spell I could have snuffed them all instantly.

I have played no-reload until there, for the past months, but life is short, so I reloaded and skipped the Troll cave. Gods know what magic item I missed because I have item randomiser mod. I am now continuing as a minimal-reload, ie:load only if the pc dies and am happy with it.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    During my recent TOB run was doing awesome with my party of Keldorn, Minscy, Jaheira, Aerie, Imoen and me Brunardo the figther/mage half elf and fighting yaga shura battle and just fought through the bridge with all NPCs a bit scattered and 5 fire giants/yagashura and some of his men somehow pop around me in a perfect tight circle (literally couldnt move a step) and all focus right on bashing me to a pulp before my party can cast a spell!
  • baby_bamfbaby_bamf Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2015
    I had a fight with all the dark moon monks at the temple. It was probably the fifth time I'd tried to win without anyone dying, including the master combat guy. There was one monk left and I was thought "Good it's finally over." I left the computer to the let it play out and in the 20seconds I was gone my CHARNAME was dead. I don't know how it happened but I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in my self before.
    My CHARNAME has also been killed by one of my confused teammates. It was pretty sad.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Funny stories lol
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    I was playing a no reload run in SCS with an Undead Hunter. I was so excited because I finally got into BG2 my favorite one when I randomly come across of a group of Yuan Ti's. Do really well against them. Kill the annoying mage, but before he dies he finger of deaths my PC. I was so upset.

On another run In BG1 with SCS I was in naskel mines and every Kobold enoucter and I mean everyone just happen to kill Neera. Sigh.... I eventually was unable to afford to revive Neera so that meant no sleep spells and I died in that hell hole.
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    Lost a fight in the Planar Prison with my solo Totemic Druid by firestorming myself while trying to summon a fire elemental. Those buttons don't look alike, but the flame button for firestorm still gets me nearly everytime. It just says 'fire elemental' to me.

My character was low on health and came out nice a crispy after only one hit.

I can't remember when, and theere have been more than one of them, but I've lost a few fights in the flurry of clicking by mistakenly targetting my own characters with spells that require you to select the spell and then select the target. I forget about the second part too frequently for comfort.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    I had many, in my last solo sorcerer run I was facing a lich and his helpers. I casted PI, whith the sorc invisible. PI casted IA whilw wearing RoV and was ready to begin the carnage.
    PI stunned. In my setup a lot of enemies can see trough invisibility so I knew that the invisible sorcerer was in danger. But whith RoV and IA the casting is so fast that I was certain to win the battle, kill who was attacking my sorc or at least self dispell the PI in time.
    I had no character in control and watched the enemies ignore the stunned PI and focalize their attacks on charname. Embarrassing and unespected.

But most of the embarrassing defeats are overconfidence related, when my party is hight level.
    I tend to buff very little (if not REALLY needed) and to don't prebuff, also I don't like to spam too much rests. So I had my share of mages backstabbed, high level characters incapacitated or Killed by SoE spells of very low level foe and similar things.

Dispelling a fleebleminded dragon occourred also to me, both whith a dispell on hit weapon and the spell.
  • biffyclangerbiffyclanger Member Posts: 216
    On a recent solo no reload Dragon Disciple run I tried to Cloudkill on Cowled enforcers that come after you for 'illegal' magic casting only to have them move into visual range and slaughter me... EE must have improved their AI lol.
  • Shrake907Shrake907 Member Posts: 38
    I got a little impatient in the Ruins of Ulcaster and stepped on a fireball trap. Well, Xzar did. I wasn't rolling too hot for HP, and dem's the breaks I guess.

Not a battle, but embarrassing for someone who has a level 21 Swashie about to enter ToB.
    Need to always check for traps or you can be incinerated from around every corner.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    @Artemius_I ,
    I don't know in EE, but in notEE Skull Trap is not party frendly, if you are close enough to be damaged you are also close enough to trigger, no need for squirrels. Maybe the explosion has a wider area then the one in which the ST is triggered, but the gap is not so wide to have the whole party in it. Only PI, and maybe simulacrum, don't trigger the traps but is damaged from them.
  • Shrake907Shrake907 Member Posts: 38
    @Artemius_I I couldn't help but read that in the voice of Neera, hahah.

So, uh, I don't usually do frail pure-mage PCs. The one time I played a wild mage, I got the wild surge that spawned a legion of squirrels, which proceeded to walk into the 3xSkull Trap set up that half my party, including my PC were conveniently next to. It promptly exploded and destroyed every one of them.

So... did any squirrels survive?
    Speaking of traps... In the Asylum gauntlet I walked up to the wall trap and thought hmmm better not try my luck, so i scrolled down and click on the starting area for the whole group, sure enough thanks to BG2's excellent pathing Keldorn with his newly minted Holy avenger and all my ammunition decided to walk in the opposite direction when i wasn't paying attention.... Splat... I think I stopped playing for a month after that particular incident.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @gorgonzola, that's the point, I was trying to avoid setting it off, but the squirrels have AI that move by themselves if you don't control them. It was a late night and I wasn't paying attention.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    My most recent very embarrassing defeat was at the temple of the heretics.
    I am using 5 EE npcs, all was level 9-10 except hexxat who was lvl 11.
    My dearly beloved Wilson got charmed/confused/chaos? I dunno, 1 side I was busy fighting the Sharans the othe side the flea-bag was shredding everyone to pieces ... (I didn't want to kill Wilson, I tried really hard but he is VERY dangerous when confused/charmed/chaos ...) learn my lesson (you just can't trust a beast X_X)
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    For some reason I always fail my saves against high-level chromatic orbs... I get petrified or disintegrated at +4 all the time... seriously? And there's like almost no enemy ever using it.

Chaos sphere, though? No problem. I could rest in that stuff.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    I can probably come up with some more embarrassing examples if I think harder, but one off the top of my head involved taking on the Golems in De'Arnise Keep with a Paladin PC. I kept defeating the Iron Golem with only a sliver of HP left, and then spontaneously dying afterwards. I couldn't figure out what the problem was - and then I eventually realized it was my Draw Upon Holy Might wearing off, taking away the additional Con bonus I had and dropping my HP to zero. Ugh.
  • NotabarbiegirlNotabarbiegirl Member Posts: 141
    edited January 2016
    The Mimic with out a doubt.

I will say the most embarrassing AND frustrating Deaths for me happen around not being aware of or prepared for tweeks my darling husband makes to a game. @Mathsorcerer knows of what I speak.
    Post edited by Notabarbiegirl on
  • RobertMcDuckRobertMcDuck Member Posts: 133
    I accidently interupted a healing spell on My charname and the party AI was on (don't ask, Im just lazy) so he ran of into the battle with 3hp, he got killed.. I Always interupt spells because the timing with autopause that moves the camera just as I am about to click on another character.
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540

I accidently interupted a healing spell on My charname and the party AI was on (don't ask, Im just lazy) so he ran of into the battle with 3hp, he got killed.. I Always interupt spells because the timing with autopause that moves the camera just as I am about to click on another character.

you can turn that off in the autopause options. "centre on character" i think the option's called