Skip to content

Druid Grove

I have explored the druid grove, and pretty much cleaned out all the encounters in the south half of the map. I seem to be trapped there! I have gone over what seems to be every inch of the map I can get to, and I can't find any way to access the north half. Do I need to go back to Trademeet and try heading back to the Grove from a different exit square?

Comments

• FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    I tried going back to Trademeet, then heading to Windspear hills, figuring I'd be circling around to end up approaching Druid area from the north. Didn't work, I'm still stuck in the southern half of the map.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    The Grove can be a confusing map, as some areas are not obviously connected. They all are, though; you just go through the bushes in some places, not clearly visible paths. Click around a bit and make your way through, you should not be stuck. Just a little lost.
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2015
    The Druid Grove map is a pain to deal with. Just try to explore every nook and cranny and eventually you'll find a path through. If you see a bridge then you're on the right track.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    There's a stone path on the left next to the house where you find Ihtafeer, the rakshasa. That should take you to the northern half.
    Grrr; I haven't even found the rakshasa yet either.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Oh, you aren't that far yet. Ok.

Go north from that troll house, hut, tent.. Whatever. There's a path that goes east from there behind a large rock, if I recall correctly. Then just keep heading east from there and you should get to that house. Ihtafeer poses as an old lady that sells potions, and he's inside the house.
  • GenryuGenryu Member Posts: 372
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    I always have trouble finding the side-path after the first bridge -- the one that goes to the tower entrance.
    edited April 2015
    joluv said:

I always have trouble finding the side-path after the first bridge -- the one that goes to the tower entrance.

I always missed that too. Never noticed the steps until my first time playing EE, which is a shame because for the longest time I missed out on the fun that is Belm+2/Kudane+2 + Improved haste XD
    Thanks Genryu; that's helpful. Also, how the heck to you get a screen capture? And how to upload it?
    How to get a screen capture depends on your operating system. Here's how to post it:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34077/how-to-post-files-images-step-by-step-guide
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    If you are on a Windows then it would be the print screen button (aka f13) just push that button and the game will take a screenshot and put it in the screenshots folder in the BG:EE directory in your documents folder.
    "I always have trouble finding the side-path after the first bridge -- the one that goes to the tower entrance."
    "I always missed that too. Never noticed the steps until my first time playing EE, which is a shame because for the longest time I missed out on the fun that is Belm+2/Kudane+2 + Improved haste XD"

What tower? What steps? There's what looks like a solid cliff wall there. I have poked and prodded and searched what seems to be every inch of it.
    Never mind, I think I found it. Sorry about that :smiley:
    Let me rephrase that; found Belm. Who, what or where is a Kudane?
    FrdNwsm said:

There's what looks like a solid cliff wall there. I have poked and prodded and searched what seems to be every inch of it.

Haha, that's what I'm saying! Glad you found it.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    Kundane is similar to Blem, but it is located somewhere else. To get Kundane you have to help Haer'Dalis.
    Kundane:

It's found in the Planar Prison, part of helping Haer'Dalis and his extraplanar theater troupe friends.
    Yeah sorry I should have clarified, belm is found in the tower, but Kudane you get elsewhere.

I'm was just trying to point out that its a fun weapon to hang onto especially when dualwielded with Kudane on a character with improved haste. Hit for hit they dont do much damage, but with the proper equipment and proficiency points you can reach 10 attacks per round, so provided you are not fighting enemies immune to the weapons they can dish out some tasty dot, and did I mention they are fun. I gave them both to Mazzy, along with the Tuigan bow (Also 10 attacks when used with improved haste, it was crazy).

Alternatively the Scarlet Ninja To +3 is another option and shares proficiency points with Belm. But has race/class/alignment restrictions, so cant be used by everyone.
    Even though I love high-APR characters, I've never really liked dual-wielding Belm and Kundane. Mazzy (or any fighter) can do 10 APR even if she only has one extra-attack weapon. Even a warrior with specialization but not grandmastery can get to 10 APR with a certain (difficult to obtain) item. And if it's a Swashie or Blade, then you can (eventually) use Scarlet Ninja-to + Belm, which is super fun.

I might just be biased against short swords and piercing weapons in general. But I agree: absolutely hold onto Belm.
    The only time I really found dual-wield +APR weapons to be useful was with a pure Swashbuckler. The innate kit bonus +dmg applies to every hit, so you really do need max APR to be most effective. It scales quite well.

That of course is only my finding and does not necessarily reflect, nor should it be construed as, a general assertion and/or recommendation.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Another speed weapon is the Shadow Thief Dagger, from the second quest Bodhi gives you, the "unseemly task" where you have to kill some rich guy. If you spare the guy's life, you get to keep the dagger. Unless it's been changed in EE, the Shadow Thief Dagger (or STD) sets your APR to 2. It only does 1d4 damage and gets no STR bonus, but it's a nonmagical weapon, which has narrow advantages.

It's not as good as Belm, really, but it's one more way of bumping your APR.
    Did you *actually* know... the STD's counterpart, the Vampire Dagger (or VD) was cut from the game?
    OK, these acronym puns are just painful. Put a condo ... err, I mean sock ... on it.
    No, the STD will go right through a sock. Use Fflar's Scabbard instead.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I wouldn't recommend it. Fflar's Scabbard is pretty monogamous, but her partner gets around. Shapeshifters, undead, extra-planar beings, you name it.
    Good point. Better use a Bag of Holding.

But make sure to take out the pointy stuff out first. I learned that the hard way.