Skip to content

Stacking Bard songs

Does this still work in EE? I specifically mean the improved Bard songs or Skald songs... I always thought it was kinda silly in vanilla...

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    In BG1&2EE several songs of the same kind stack (for example, if several Skalds are singing). Different sogs stack as well.

In IWDEE only songs of different kind stack (for example, a Skald song and a vanilla bard song).

The Improved Bard Song HLA, if chosen, changes the Skald song for a Skald.
  • jesterdesujesterdesu Member Posts: 373
    Thanks. Song stacking is such a cheesy tactic... Kinda thought they'd get rid of it one day
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    It's not so unbalanced if you only use one or two songs. But using the Wand of Lightning trick to call in 6 Skald clones in a single round for +24 to hit, damage, and AC for the whole party, in Chapter 2... yeah, that kind of breaks the game.
    It actually makes bard the most game breaking class imo... Such an easy fix too in theory
  • TredvoltTredvolt Member Posts: 62
    I try to powergame all my parties toward some sort speed run and I've definitely mathed out the potential of multiple bards and found less than optimal. One bard can duplicate himself and help your main tank hit AC cap and then extra damage and hit just isn't as helpful as having another maxed out character usually.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but my initial tinkering around with actually running multiple skalds didn't seem ideal. ONE skald I will always have though, I'm a bard lover and believer!
    Why stop at 2? Kinda suggests you don't understand the topic.

1 x bard with enhanced song, casts silmacuralum from valihors whilst holding a few mislead scrolls... Say you do that until you've 5 replicas then make all sing it will equal plus 20 to hit and damage, -20 to ac, immunity to fear, stun, confusion and normal weapons, plus 25% MR for your whole group... These bonuses would give a mage enough melee potential to solo a dragon using their quarterstaff.

Did I mention that using song won't break invisibility?
    @jesterdesu: What do you mean, I don't understand the topic? The reason I suggested stopping at 2 was because it's more balanced that way. You said it was "silly" and "cheesy." Usually people mean that as a complaint. So I said limiting it to two spells of the same kind in order would permit the tactic without making it game-breaking.

And I know using the song won't break invisibility. I've designed an entire party based on the concept of stacking songs and played it all through SoA and most of ToB.
    It wasn't directed at you. Read the comment below yours.
    @jesterdesu: Silly me. Sorry.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723

Did I mention that using song won't break invisibility?

Actually, it's true for BG2EE, but not for IWDEE. There, if you sing, you go visible.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.