Skip to content

Why No Adjustments to Original Characters?

13»

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I'd really like if the famous adventure Y covered your capture by Irenicus and how Jaheira, Khalid, Dynaheir, Minsc and Imoen ended up being captured along with you.

It should also show what happened to the members that are in your party at the end of the game, how Tiax ended up in Spellhold, for instance.

I would love to play an official answer to those old questions :)
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited September 2012
    TenYaiba said:

Well... sandmanCCL's argument is that there are numerically inferior characters that he doesn't take because he likes to comp-stomp.

TenYaiba said:

If they want to add a golden God NPC later that has 40s in all stats and has instant death eyebeams to the game to appeal to those that seek party power Go for it,

TenYaiba said:

I'm afraid I must disagree in this respect. You CAN view the NPCs as a power algorithm, or you can view them as a group of characters you assemble for camaraderie.

TenYaiba said:

Not everyone in a D&D setting has maximized stats appropriate to their class, or even good stats period.

TenYaiba said:

If the community wants more powerful characters,

Yeah ... You clearly just don't understand where we're coming from, no offense.

We are willing to pick up these characters, and we enjoy them for their personality and their place in the game, same as you. In fact, that's why we want other people to be encouraged to enjoy the characters too. We are talking very minor tweaking here. Character personality is awesome and all and I've many time intentionally picked up underpowered characters to mix it up, but keep in mind the AVERAGE PLAYER will not want to do that.

This isn't about us, it's about user-friendliness. It's about wanting the average player to actually give a rip about said characters. The average player is not going to drop a character they had for some new guy who completely pales in comparison to their old one. The whole role-playing aspect only goes so far for most people sir. It's a great thing to do, but when you are intentionally gimping the living hell out of yourself, I dunno about you but it stops being fun at a certain point.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    O, so this the forum I left my soapbox in...
  • TenYaibaTenYaiba Member Posts: 212
    omigosh I forgot that I had filed this away in my comments to do list. I'm sorry for the delay.

If this is about other Users, why are you basing it after your own insight? I played with all the characters in my first play-through and I know others who have done the same. I'm just leery about altering art pieces that Tons of people love as they are... I mean... Look at what happened with THIS restoration project...

• SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    This isn't so much a restoration as an enhancement. No one is cleaning up anything. Abrasive chemicals are not involved - yet. The only enhancements I think we're likely to see (if any) are canonical stat enhancements or a change in weapon proficiencies. This won't affect the artistic vision...simply the mechanical aspects of the game. Khalid will still be a coward, Xzar will steal be insane, and Safana will still be trying to distract you with flirtation as she secretly robs you blind.
  • TenYaibaTenYaiba Member Posts: 212
    edited September 2012
    Fixed 400 Bugs <----

The stats are, in my mind, Part of the character and reasonable cause for many character traits.

But that's just my opinion.
    Post edited by TenYaiba on