Skip to content

Stuck as a Dual-Classed Solo Kensai/Thief (Currently Only a Thief)..Help!

2»

Comments

• wraith5641wraith5641 Member Posts: 500
    @kamuizin Haha well I may as well use CLUAConsole or EE Keeper instead of becoming a Kensai/Mage. It pretty much counts as cheating :P
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    No, dual from Kensai to an Assassin/Sorceror. Just drink a couple Potions of Genius and you'll meet the stat requirements.

And pick a dwarf for the saving throw bonuses. That way you can start out as a Dwarven Defender.
    @semiticgod You want me to become a Dwarven Defender/Kensai/Assassin/Sorcerer? I thought I was supposed to end the game as a demi-god, not start as one :)
    @wraith5641: Fine. Give yourself some restrictions and weaknesses to balance out the class. No magic items or weapons, no abjuration spells or Minute Meteors, -5 to THAC0 vs. hobgoblins, +1 to saves vs. wands, and you have to give all of your money to beggars. Also, no resting.

Because resting is cheesy.
    edited May 2015
    @semiticgod No potions, except healing. No magic weapons; any enemy that requires them to kill, you have to beat with arcane spells. No spells above level 6. One pip maximum in a certain proficiency.

Edit: In fact, screw it. Biff the Understudy difficulty :P
    @wraith5641: Insane solo poverty. Beat Lavos at level 1 and seduce Dagoth Ur. Then play matchmaker for Dorn and @Buttercheese, and slip Pai'Na into their honeymoon. Tape every second.

Take a shot for every 10 XP. Construct a phylogeny of great cats. Dance like the wind! Fire at will! Moloch the stunned governments! Granite c**ks! Poetry! Get a Japanese citizenship! Ship Ghirahim and Spock! Moloch whose fate is a cloud of sexy hydrogen!

Eat the heart of Shakespeare, and the brains of Zhuangzi and the world's smartest jellyfish! Joyous and lifeless and still breathing out the ten hearts of men, the movement! Outlaws and inspiration, wide-eyed and glorious! Get a date with Eliza the Pickle Monster! To third base! It's worth it! Yes!
    @semiticgod Lol I'm not sure if that's the ramblings from Gollum's autobiography or the plot of the next Baldur's Gate game 0_0
    @wraith5641: Some of those were references... not all of them things anybody would recognize.

Lavok--Chrono Trigger, of course
    Dagoth Ur--Morrowind, still common knowledge
    Dorn, Buttercheese, Pai'Na--a little more obscure; it's a reference to the Shag, Marry, Kill thread
    Cat phylogeny--an old bio professor once pointed out that constructing a phylogeny of cats was crazy difficult because the substantive differences are molecular
    Moloch and granite c**ks--Alan Ginsberg's poem Howl
    Japanese citizenship--Japanese citizenship is almost impossible for a foreigner to get; it's there to minimize immigration into Japan
    Ghirahim and Spock--Ghirahim is from Skyward Sword, and as a straight man, even I think he deserves aggressive and shameless shipping across dimensions
    Zhuangzi--the guy wrote the Book of Zhuangzi, famous for prancing along the Yellow River and shouting that he was a butterfly
    Jellyfish--don't actually have any brains to eat
    Eliza the Pickle Monster--an oblong green water balloon thingy I got at some point, and which my brother and his girlfriend together named Eliza the Pickle Monster. She's cute and goofy-looking.
    @semiticgod Hahahaha well, it would have been extremely bizarre if I'd have recognized 'Eliza the Pickle Monster.' I might have tried to blag it and go "Ahhhhh yes, I remember that one! Oh, the days of good ol' Eliza <33333333"
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766

[...] Then play matchmaker for Dorn and @Buttercheese, and slip Pai'Na into their honeymoon. Tape every second. [...]