Skip to content

Its christmas time for a hockey fan Stanley Cup 2015 (NHL)

DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
edited April 2015 in Off-Topic
4 rounds 16 teams and 1 Stanley Cup,who will win it?
  1. Its christmas time for a hockey fan Stanley Cup 2015 (NHL)18 votes
    1. Chicago Blackhawks
      16.67%
    2. Minnesota Wild
      33.33%
    3. Anaheim Mighty Ducks
      11.11%
    4. Calgary Flames
      11.11%
    5. Montreal Canadiens
        5.56%
    6. Tampa Bay Lightning
        0.00%
    7. New York Rangers
        5.56%
    8. Washington Capitals
        5.56%
    9. Leave me out of this..the winter is long gone.
      11.11%

Comments

• DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    Go Habs go.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Habs are lucky the refs blew that goal dead. If I was a Habs fan, I'd be ashamed of how the team advanced into the second round. They weren't getting scoring from anyone but their fourth line and Price bailed them out game after game after game. They may make it past Tampa (doubtful) but they will not make it past the Rangers.

I have a soft spot for underdogs so I am going with Calgary the rest of the way.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    My red wings are out so I'm pulling for the wild and the capitals.

(I'm a metro-detroiter, so I'm still hurting from last night)
    deltago said:

Habs are lucky the refs blew that goal dead. If I was a Habs fan, I'd be ashamed of how the team advanced into the second round. They weren't getting scoring from anyone but their fourth line and Price bailed them out game after game after game. They may make it past Tampa (doubtful) but they will not make it past the Rangers.

I have a soft spot for underdogs so I am going with Calgary the rest of the way.

Yes,i agree,P.K Subban were out of control against the Sens and they score to few goals to go any further i think.Im guessing Tampa wins it in 6 games,Calgary has played amazing this year but the Ducks isn't
    easy to beat.
    CoryNewb said:

My red wings are out so I'm pulling for the wild and the capitals.

(I'm a metro-detroiter, so I'm still hurting from last night)

Yeah i feel you..i would rather have faced Red Wings than Tampa as Habs fan since Canadiens lost all games against them season long.

• QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    I don't think they will win but gotta vote for my home squad! And with Kuznetsov and Burakovsky coming on big we finally have some young sparks, which may help take some pressure off Ovechkin. So here's to hoping tonight against the Rangers.
    edited April 2015
    Qbert said:

I don't think they will win but gotta vote for my home squad! And with Kuznetsov and Burakovsky coming on big we finally have some young sparks, which may help take some pressure off Ovechkin. So here's to hoping tonight against the Rangers.

Rangers lost some creativity on the ice with Zuccarally damaged,il say they have a good chance to proceed to the next round.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I'm an Islanders and Wings fan, so I don't really have a dog in this fight.
    I was hoping for a Winnipeg - Ottawa Stanley Cup final just to piss off NBC execs who've never heard of either city.
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    Sorry Jackjack but at least it was a good series.

Dungeonoob I hope so, that would shock the cynical caps fans here. Lunqvist is our BANE!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Wild have a great chance to beat the Blackhawks in 6. However, our history against Anaheim in the playoffs in abysmal. Hope springs eternal.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251

Wild have a great chance to beat the Blackhawks in 6.

I remember hearing that last year too :P
    Fans all over the place! I usually root for teams that haven't won a cup (or had a long drought). I get tired of the Chicago/LA/Boston teams, but they are really good (even though two of them didn't make it to the show).

I was bummed only 2 series went to 7, but they were both good tight games til the end.
    jackjack said:

I'm an Islanders and Wings fan, so I don't really have a dog in this fight.

I thought New York Islanders could reach the final this year,but i thought wrong.They had 1 of the best crowds all season.

Wild have a great chance to beat the Blackhawks in 6. However, our history against Anaheim in the playoffs in abysmal. Hope springs eternal.

How they took down the big beefy Blues was astounding,they might have a shoot at the cup.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    jackjack said:

Wild have a great chance to beat the Blackhawks in 6.

I remember hearing that last year too :P
    This is a better team than last year, especially in goal, and Chicago is weaker in the same areas the Wild have improved. I'm not overly confident, but they handled St. Louis outside of one really bad game.

dubnyk will come back down to earth eventually. He really isn't that much better Josh Harding
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    deltago said:

dubnyk will come back down to earth eventually. He really isn't that much better Josh Harding

Nope. It's all about the Duuuuuubs!
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Go Wild Go!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2015
    Toronto's #4, Toronto's #4*...GOOOO...(picks city that has actually won something in the last 40 years)...CHICAGO!

Hey, when you've waited this long for the cup you'll celebrate just about anything :D

*I might mean 4th last here. :p
    Post edited by elminster on
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited May 2015
    My home team is already out. I can't believe the Canucks lost to the Flames of all teams. But then I'm not a hockey fan, so I don't really care. And with the Canucks as the home team, we're used to disappointment.
    What a game last night I'm exhausted,most exciting low scoring game ive ever seen,Washington Capitals-New york Rangers 2-1.

@Awong124 I think canadien teams have something good going on,when was the last time 5 teams from from Canada had a shoot at the cup ? Canucks has 1 of the best goalies in the NHL,
    but he was hurt when they needed him the most.
    I like the leafs and hope hope they can turn it around soon.
    CoryNewb said:

Where is the strongly disagree button again?
    deltago said:

CoryNewb said:

Sorry, but they have the longest cup drought and the fans deserve a revival. I went to the winter classic a couple years ago with red wings and leafs stuff on. I don't like their media fervor or ownership, but I like Phil kessel and their jerseys are among my favorites.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    CoryNewb said:

Well it seems like they fired everyone but the players this year. So I'd say it might be awhile :)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643

Canucks has 1 of the best goalies in the NHL,
    but he was hurt when they needed him the most.

Are you talking about Lack?
    edited May 2015
    @Awong124 Nope,Ryan Miller.
    CoryNewb said:

deltago said:

CoryNewb said:

Sorry, but they have the longest cup drought and the fans deserve a revival. I went to the winter classic a couple years ago with red wings and leafs stuff on. I don't like their media fervor or ownership, but I like Phil kessel and their jerseys are among my favorites.
    Wow

I heard of people liking Kessel but I thought i was an urban myth.

And they can make the cup finals after every other team has made it.

And you dont know many Leafs fan if you think the fans deserve a revival.