Skip to content

Is ANYONE implementing all of David Gaider's stuff for BG2EE 1.3?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lazutulazutu Member Posts: 118
    To clarify: I also always play with Valen and Soulafein, even if not taking them to party at times, and I absolutely do play Tactics - I just forgot to mention that to Wes with all my excitement. :)
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited June 2015
    @subtledoctor: You're taking it too far in the other direction, though. Ascension is not and never was cut content, but Gaider has said, quite plainly, that if the ToB dev team had had more time to work on the game, the ending might have been closer to Ascension than the core version.

No other mod can boast input from a member of the original dev team. You can quibble over how much of it is Gaider, but at the end of the day, the ideas expressed there include someone who actually worked on the game. So no, it's not "just a mod".
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    As with most things EE-related, this is a pointless conversation. No mods are going to be incorporated into the game, or worked on to a greater degree than anything else currently active in the community. Literally every single point that could possibly be raised about the merits of Ascension has been raised and rehashed ad nauseam - if you really want further elaboration, feel free to explore the archives.
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    It's a pity, really. Ascension is an amazing mod.
  • cmorgancmorgan Member Posts: 707
    ...and it will be an amazing mod on BG2:EE, once a few folks pitch in and help out/follow up on White Angus' work. (Not me. Too much on my plate to begin with. Need Fresh Blood. But really, if I can learn to mod the infinity engine games, anyone can. )

So, gauntlet thrown, face slapped, sister insulted, momma dissed, parentage called into question... whatever it is that gets challenges posed and accepted in your neck of the woods! I am looking forward to Ascension being rebuilt to become a fully tested and stable BG2:EE Mod. (That, and a recheck ogf Oversight vs the current BG2:EE, though I expect most of that stuff is not applicable to BG2:EE :) )
    If no one's stepped up by now, it's probably not going to happen.
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    Okay, I have a few months of free time before I start working again and already have an interest in learning how to mod BG2. But honestly taking this on would be like diving into the ocean without knowing how to swim; what exactly is it about BGEE that breaks these mods? What is different about the install processes?
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    I miss the TOB Bhaalspawn powers really. At this point I had forgotten they arent part of the base game.

Even if the whole mod cant be salvaged, I wonder if I could just use the standalone old bhaalspawn powers mod.
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    I think Unfinished Business works with EE - they have a Restored Bhaalspawn Powers component.
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    Edvin said:

shawne said:

If no one's stepped up by now, it's probably not going to happen.

That's not true.
    I recently wrote to Cuv.

BG2:EE Ascension is paused, but still very much alive and almost finished.
    almost good to know.