Skip to content

What Class/Alignment should I chose on my next SCS no reload run.

AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
I have attempted four times to beat bg trilogy to no avail with SCS installed. I took a break to play Icewind Dale, but I want to try again, but I've come to blank on what character to create. Though I'm not really looking to power game, but I don't mind. So I would like your guys input. (I mistakenly pressed entered before adding the last two options, so if any moderates reading this could delete this I would be really greatful I'm sorry.)
  1. What Class/Alignment should I chose on my next SCS no reload run.20 votes
    1. Chaotic Evil Half-Orc Barbarian
      10.00%
    2. Chaotic Good Elven Archer(Archer revision mod installed)
      15.00%
    3. Chaotic Neutral Halfling thief
        5.00%
    4. Neutral Evil Human Lost one (Druid evil mod kit)
        5.00%
    5. True Neutral Half-Elf Fighter/Druid
      15.00%
    6. Neutral Good Human Wizard Slayer(Wizard slayer kit revision mod installed)
      10.00%
    7. Lawful Neutral Darwvern Defender
      10.00%
    8. Lawful Evil Human Wild Mage
      30.00%

Comments

• SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    This could be fun if while you installed SCS you added the shapeshifter rebalancing. Just ee keeper the druid bit to shapeshifter, remember to delete the other animal forms. Had a CHARNAME that was exactly this a while ago and he became one of my favorites, also it's really powerful.
    Before I get nah said to hell and back this is not the super OP Weimer mod, the one in SCS is actually balanced.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    From the options you've listed, I'd go for the Wizard slayer. The kit that makes you use new tactics (for e.g., constantly switching arrows with different properties) and think about how to deal with nearly each encounter.

I see you trade pluses you get with the Wizard slayer kit revision mod for the lack of dwarven bonuses, as you go as a human.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Well it's been a couple of days now and for a long time it was tied with nearly all of them having one vote. But it looks like I'm going to be a true neutral Fighter/Druid. I wonder how this will go.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Ops, too late, but I voted archer. I love archers and even if alot of people talk about how ranged is inferior to melee, they are good enough. In BG1 I would put 2 pips in xbow for the army scythe and then I would max shortbow for BG2. You can choose to go dualweild or maybe qstaffs for melee.

I was messing around with EEkeeper some days ago and managed to create a dwarf barbarian/cleric multi-class. If you don't mind such a setup, the combined AoF and barb resistances, with shorty saves, could help you get through the saga if you have trouble with SCS.

Good luck and have fun.
  • Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    Good luck as well. I personally find the Wild Mage story arc fascinating in the BG context. It fits in a brilliantly unexpected way. Not only do you have godlike abilities near the end, but you have a kind of explanation for your unusual gift of tapping chaos energy.