Skip to content

Empty Sequencers

I'm having an issue where once in a while sequencers and triggers will not cast the spells that I've stored in them. It's as if whatever spells I stored in the sequencer are now lost. Whenever this happens it is not isolated to a specific sequencer type, so all sequencers I've stored no longer work. They will be cast, but none of the spells I stored are released. I can create new sequencers and they will work correctly

This issue happens randomly and I can't figure out what is causing it. I'm playing with SCS and ATweaks. Anyone have this happen before or have any idea as to what's going on?

Comments

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I believe what you're experiencing is a targeting issue. If you target the sequencer outside of the range of one of the spells in the sequencer then all of the spells will fail. This is particularly noticeable with the short range of skull trap.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    It's also possible to break them by using CTRL-R on the mage. CTRL-R removes contingencies and spell sequencers, but leaves the sequencer icon in your innate ability menu. You can target something with the sequencer, but nothing will happen, since CTRL-R erased it.

Otherwise it's almost assuredly the targeting issue that Wowo mentioned.
  • NoQuittNoQuitt Member Posts: 10
    Wowo said:

I believe what you're experiencing is a targeting issue. If you target the sequencer outside of the range of one of the spells in the sequencer then all of the spells will fail. This is particularly noticeable with the short range of skull trap.

I just tested this and this isn't what is happening in my situation. Spells just aren't firing, regardless or targeting. I use a minor sequencer that is Blur/Mirror Image and when I cast it, only the minor sequencer is cast and not the spells that are in it.

It's also possible to break them by using CTRL-R on the mage. CTRL-R removes contingencies and spell sequencers, but leaves the sequencer icon in your innate ability menu. You can target something with the sequencer, but nothing will happen, since CTRL-R erased it.

Otherwise it's almost assuredly the targeting issue that Wowo mentioned.

I only use CTRL-J so CTRL-R would be a very unlikely misclick. I CTRL-J a lot though so while unlikely, it's definitely possible. I will keep an eye out for this.

What you describe is exactly what is happening. I see the icons in the ability menu and I'm able target things with them, but nothing happens. Well the sequencer is being cast, but there are no spells.

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    The blur/mirror image sequencer will only work if you target your Mage with the sequencer, is that what you're doing?
  • NoQuittNoQuitt Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2015
    Yeah I am targeting the mage. Just figured it out. Whenever my mage dies and gets resurrected, he loses the spells in the sequencer. He just died in a fight then I revived him with the Resurrection spell, and then started to fire blanks again with sequencers. Tested it once more and it happened again.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    NoQuitt said:

Yeah I am targeting the mage. Just figured it out. Whenever my mage dies and gets resurrected, he loses the spells in the sequencer. He just died in a fight then I revived him with the Resurrection spell, and then started to fire blanks again with sequencers. Tested it once more and it happened again.

That was what I have experienced as well and was going to answer with this explanation. Glad you found the answer yourself. Yeah basically it is a weird engine quirk.