Skip to content

Steam Summer Sale - June 11th

CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
edited May 2015 in Off-Topic
So now that the rumors are pointing to June 11th, what is everyone planning on buying this year? What have you been waiting for? What game in general are you playing this summer?

Right now I'm hoping to buy a few of these:
Axiom Verge
Ori and the Blind Forest
Magicka 2
Chips Challenge 1&2
Grim Fandango
Gravity ghost
Divinity Original Sin
Crawl

Also currently playing:
One way heroics
Guacamelee
Walking dead season 1

Chips challenge coming to steam pumped me up this week! I loved that game as a lad!
WilburNonnahswriterJuliusBorisovelminster

Comments

• batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    Wasteland 2 I gotta remember to get it this time.

Everything else... I'll see when we get there.
    CoryNewb
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    What am I playing (replaying this summer):

Galactic Civilizations III
    Baldur's Gate (obvious answer)
    XCom: Enemy Within
    Mafia 2

Probably not going to buy any new games as I spurged for GC3 and enjoying it
    CoryNewb
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Divinity Original Sin, GTA V, Elite: Dangerous and Football Manager 2015 are among the games of interest for me. Maybe XCom too. Not sure if I'll buy anything though since I have bought 10ish games recently that I haven't really played yet :smile:
    CoryNewb
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2015
    Sad part is that some of the games I'd like to see discounted I probably can't run (I have a super old computer hehe).

But for what I can run

Tropico 5
    Any of the more recent DLC for Crusader Kings II that I've yet to purchase
    Europa Universalis IV : El Dorado (and any other expansion I don't have yet)
    Game of Thrones (by Telltale Games)
    Payday 2
    Beyond Earth (probably sucks but I wouldn't mind checking it out if its on sale for 60% or greater)
    CoryNewbAristillius
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Game of thrones (teltale) is on my wishlist, but I still need to pay through WD season 1&2 and the wolf among us... Wasteland 2 and shadowrun are things I may buy too
    elminster said:

Beyond Earth (probably sucks but I wouldn't mind checking it out if its on sale for 60% or greater)

It doesn't suck, however, it leans heavily toward combat than other Sid Civ games making it multiplayer friendly, but less replayability on a single player level (due to bland AI).

It will remind you of CIV5 and then remind you of everything that is missing from CIV5. This is where the let down really happens.
    elminsterCoryNewb
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    What Beyond Earth lacks is interesting NPC factions (compared to Alpha Centuri, which it is supposed to be the successor to). Want: Alpha Centuri EE.
    elminsterCoryNewb
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Gonna get the new Galactic Civilizations at least ^^
    elminster

Man I want to but can't run it :(
    CoryNewb
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I don't intend to get anything in particular. I avoid getting games on steam when possible and if a game I want happens to be steam-exclusive, I pick it up from Gamersgate. Quite likely I will gift friends/family some co-op games though.
    CoryNewb
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    For those who don't have it, I can now safely say myself that Darkest Dungeon is one of the few early access games worth buying. I was devastated today to have Maeglin (my BG multiplayer character) die of a heart attack :( Worth watching for as the main release could cost more.

I don't really have much I am looking for myself. I think I'll just be looking for Metal Gear Rising to finally play that. I'll see if I get anything else.
    SouthpawCoryNewb
    elminster said:

Man I want to but can't run it :(
    time for an upgrade. You can probably swindle Beamdog into slurging for a new uh... work... computer for you.
    wubble
    You know its funny. I've had this computer for 7 years and many of the games released today will still run on it. Not all of them, and obviously when they can its not on the best settings, but I think I'm still really going to run it into the ground before replacing it :)
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026

For those who don't have it, I can now safely say myself that Darkest Dungeon is one of the few early access games worth buying. I was devastated today to have Maeglin (my BG multiplayer character) die of a heart attack :( Worth watching for as the main release could cost more.

I don't really have much I am looking for myself. I think I'll just be looking for Metal Gear Rising to finally play that. I'll see if I get anything else.

Agree with this. I played DD a lot on Steam since it came out, up until to the point I killed all the three big bosses and then I shelved the game to revisit when the full, final version gets released.
    ChildofBhaal599
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    I suppose I'll pick up Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Dark Souls, at which point I think I will have a copy of every single game on the RPG Codex Top 70 list (assuming I can find a way to get Wizards and Warriors to work). Well over a 130 games installed right now, all of which I've sampled and set up and archived, only about 20% I've played seriously, probably less I've actually finished. A lifetime of work ahead of me :P....
    CoryNewb
    Wowzers

Steam is now offering refunds on games bought with no reprisals for the refund. The nice one I see is refunds on pre-purchased games. Go ahead and support a company to develop the game, but if you don't like the outcome, ask for a refund.
    CoryNewb
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    deltago said:

Wowzers

Steam is now offering refunds on games bought with no reprisals for the refund. The nice one I see is refunds on pre-purchased games. Go ahead and support a company to develop the game, but if you don't like the outcome, ask for a refund.

Yea, but just like with all the other normal stuff you want to give back to the store, your digital download game has to be undamaged, so it can be sold to another customer. So you better not play it forcefully or the bits will be worn out and the refund can be refused. Also, make sure to maintain good internet connectivity, when you are uploading the game back to Steam. You lose a few packets and they might deny the refund again.
    deltagoSilverstarCoryNewblolien
    Today is the big day! Protect your wallets!
    wubble
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited June 2015
    Praise Gaben!

I have a bunch of stuff on my wishlist, but I particularly want the Game of the Year edition of the first Borderlands. I do have the retail version but that was before Steam and without any of the DLC, and since Game Spy has died by now, there is no online multiplayer available :I And maybe I'll also get the DLC for Borderlands 2 I am still missing.
    CoryNewbSethDaviselminsterJuliusBorisov
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    RIP GameSpy
    CoryNewbButtercheese
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited June 2015
    http://www.gog.com/game/arcanum_of_steamworks_and_magick_obscura 75% off at the moment

Just in case anyone wanted to know, although it's a steam thread. Pretty awesome game(with a few flaws)
    I can't even buy anything from steam at the moment, I think steams got too many people using it .
    CoryNewb
    edited June 2015
    I'm not really seeing anything on sale that is calling to me (at least not enough to make me purchase anything right now). Maybe other days will. But I think I haven't touched like 40% of my games so I may not buy much :)
    Post edited by elminster on
    CoryNewb
    I got myself the homeworld remastered collection for £10.87
    CoryNewb
    edited June 2015
    I bought chips challenge 1&2 for $3.74. I'm looking at buying sonic the hedgehog & eternal champions for $3.98 because apparently I just want early nineties games right now.
    elminsterAdsoFiendish_Warrior
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Advice please:

I can't choose between Wasteland 2 and Divinity: Original Sin.
    CoryNewb
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Fardragon said:

Advice please:

I haven't played Divinity: Original Sin so I cannot compare it with Wasteland2.
    Wasteland2 is a fully stable game. The first half of the game in Arizona is reminiscent of Fallout1/2 and obviously a true sequel of Wasteland1. I am less enthusiastic about the second half (South California) but the final is good too. I really enjoyed the game.
    Last point, despite its 3D engine, it does not require a powerful graphics card (an integrated Intel HD 4000 is too weak but a simple and old radeon HD7770 is already above specs in my case).
    FardragonJuliusBorisov
  • AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
    CoryNewb said:

I bought chips challenge 1&2 for $3.74. I'm looking at buying sonic the hedgehog & eternal champions for $3.98 because apparently I just want early nineties games right now.

Eternal Champions? I thought i was the only one who liked that (I could never get friends to play that one). I like Shadow and Xavier the most as characters, but I would own the AI with Trident, no contest.

For a 90s fix, don't forget Streets of Rage. :)
    CoryNewbFiendish_Warrior
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I picked up Heart of Iron Collection III for 10,49€. Not bad at all. I'm a huge Europa Universalis (also a Paradox game) fan so this will probably be well worth it.
    ButtercheeseCoryNewb
    Fardragon said:

Advice please:

Advice: wait for dailies/flash sale and buy both! I fully expect divinity to come down to $15-20 and wasteland too. I will probably get divinity and shadowrun returns ($3-4)