• trebuszętrebuszę Member Posts: 46
    Half-elf paladins are so cool :sunglasses:

jhlazktdc5l0.png

0odz865au2uo.pngsmc4k2zcxwfn.png

Portraits by Gwen and Angevere

• AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,025
    Nice!
    Alternative Dorn. This one without sword. More in character in case of wielding halberd maybe?

j8i1w68lug1k.png

Kudos to https://deviantart.com/gellinjer/art/BG-EE-Dorn-Il-Khan-445797219
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    @trebuszę I like it
    edited December 2022
    @Wise_Grimwald Glad to hear it :)

And now, some Aribeth vibes.

hwx5lpnh2bbr.png

(portrait from the game: Neverwinter online)

@trebuszę well done!
  • IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458
    It rarely happens anymore, but after coming across my portraits folder recently, I was struck by the urge to play around with them a bit. Dorn caught my eye, as my first version of him never quite matched as much as I would have liked, and it suffered from green overkill! Here's a remastered version with colors and contrast closer to the originals, as well as more orcish features and a few additions that bring him closer to the default portrait. I still haven't given him hair. Don't ask me why, but I like him bald.

I'm sure I'll eventually want to redo it again someday...

6rd2hn4c21fi.pngdl0kk89wwjtz.jpg

riva54slwvid.png

Dorn.zip 734.7K
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 498
    Amazing ! I always use your Dorn portrait, and will try this new one immediately.
  • IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458
    edited March 2023
    One of the final requests I had filled before this very long lapse from portrait making was a BG2-style image of Abdel Adrian. I had intended to then make a BG1 version of him to match but never got around to it. Many years later...here it is! (Edit: With changes already made multiple times as always...)

lwnwg0q1n8qs.jpgzt2xschvs0zf.jpg

owz3hlhsfv6l.jpg
    Post edited by Isandir on
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    Isandir wrote: »
    One of the final requests I had filled before this very long lapse from portrait making was a BG2-style image of Abdel Adrian. I had intended to then make a BG1 version of him to match but never got around to it. Many years later...here it is! (Edit: With changes already made multiple times as always...)

lwnwg0q1n8qs.jpgzt2xschvs0zf.jpg

owz3hlhsfv6l.jpg

@Isandir oh god :) thank you, i never thought that after almost 3 years our request is made by you!
    @Isandir Awesome Half-Orc. I will use it in my next run with orcish charname.
  • ElkasElkas Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2023
    A few pages ago someone posted a rough AI generated portrait for Imoen. I cleaned it up a bit and have been using it for my latest run. Since I remember there being interest about the original AI image, I thought I might as well share these here.

Preview default:
    ilaqt9vgdsur.jpg

Preview SoD:
    g2j1zbuhrlrt.jpg

Here are the files. They should already be named properly (for BG1), so just drop them in your portrait folder.

Post edited by Elkas on
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    how do you run one of those ai scripts? very fascinating
    edited May 2023
    I didn't personally run an AI tool, I just took the AI's output posted earlier in this thread and manually edited them further in a tool like Photoshop (or Photopea, Affinity Photo, etc...).

I think AI can form a good jump-off point, but I personally never really use the straight output. If you want to look into that, an easy way to get started is looking up 'Midjourney'.
    Post edited by Elkas on
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    thanks, i'll have a look
    edited June 2023
    I always felt that something was off about Jaheira, so I also edited her along with Imoen.

Same approach was taken here;
    • I took the original.
    • Manually edited it, e.g. adjusted her eyes, fixed her crooked nose.
    • Used a bit of AI to help out with the mouth area, which I further manually refined.

Preview:
    59vg7bccsfir.png

Post edited by Elkas on
  • testlumtestlum Member Posts: 12
    Made some adjustments to the Neera pic on page 34 and "adventurer" Imoen I found elsewhere.

y03bkr03pddl.jpg8mkjzfsali3b.jpg
    testlum wrote: »
    Made some adjustments to the Neera pic on page 34 and "adventurer" Imoen I found elsewhere.

y03bkr03pddl.jpg8mkjzfsali3b.jpg

I love Imoen's eyebrows. :) Portraits are so much better when they aren't symmetrical. They are more realistic. It's one reason that I don't like Miss UK/USA/World and the like. I prefer a face with a mole, a scar, or which is slightly lobsided. The doctor offered to remove a mole from my chin. No thankyou! It's not unsightly and it makes me a little more unique.
    edited December 2023
    DrakeICN wrote: »
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/66/60/92/666092908adeaf579100d24ff924839c.jpg

Why so misogynistic? You can be strong AND pretty!

(Coincidentally, this is probably what IRL Shartel looks like.)

The women in the England Soccer Team prove that point. Most of them are extremely attractive.

These portraits knocked together from a screenshot + some eyes that I recoloured. It is probably meant to be a hobgoblin but I think of it as a half-orc. It could be either.

jummdi3fveyj.jpg
    kwa1sjiudbrh.jpg

Having made the portraits I have decided to use them in this game.

kbycmk6p5wly.jpg

8o1k15q98ev8.jpg

Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • testlumtestlum Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2023
    Recolored this beautiful portrait by @nrcgray.

o9uqvvkp1rj9.jpg

EDIT: Updated.
    Post edited by testlum on
  • TutovnikXTutovnikX Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2023
    Young Abdel Adrian portrait based on his MiBG image 85fbqd3j58xc.jpg

Post edited by TutovnikX on
  • BulbsonBulbson Member Posts: 2
    Hello - I've recently played a bit with AI and made this Jaheira portrait. I don't like her version in bg2 - prefer arabic style from bg1.
    Hope you enjoy!

7h2llslnfk3b.jpg
  • TutovnikXTutovnikX Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2023
    Portrait of Abdel Adrian

1rqu8xtgjxhh.jpg

Post edited by TutovnikX on
  • BulbsonBulbson Member Posts: 2
    Another, completly different variation of mage Imoen, after she was tortured by Irenicus. I never saw anything like that
    gb71de2c85wc.jpg
    Bulbson wrote: »
    Hello - I've recently played a bit with AI and made this Jaheira portrait. I don't like her version in bg2 - prefer arabic style from bg1.
    Hope you enjoy!

7h2llslnfk3b.jpg

I really like it. I don't usually have her in my party since I'm not fond of druids. However I might well use it for my PC when appropriate. A ranger perhaps.
    I tried some AI on NPC portraits from the Heroes of Baldur's Gate adventure book.

Kagain :
    t5rck3tquek5.jpg
    Montaron :
    9xlg2jv81ghj.jpg

I also made a sharper Mazzy :
    ga2ydcmqtwxd.jpg
    Trouveur wrote: »
    I tried some AI on NPC portraits from the Heroes of Baldur's Gate adventure book.

Kagain :
    t5rck3tquek5.jpg

I really like that one.
    Thank you :-)

I have this one for a gnome mage :
    hyxmtbf0qu6v.jpg

This one for a monk :
    sc6axzmz9np3.jpg

And this on for an half orc shaman :
    ze53aoz40dko.jpg

edited February 16
    Some nice work there. I prefer my half-orcs to be green as that colour is mentioned in the game. Not difficult to change in Photoshop though. :)
    EDIT I've already done it for next time I play a half-orc. :) It doesn't necessarily have to be a shaman.

If @Trouver doesn't mind I could post it here. He could probably do a better job of it than I have.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    Also love the dwarf one for Kagain, or any dwarven warrior.