Skip to content

Regarding Autopause

First of all, apologies if this should be posted in another section. I always have autopause on whenever an enemy is on sight and on single-player it works like a charm. However, whenever I play on multiplayer (all characters controlled by me) the autopause will work when I encounter an already hostile individual/party (his circle is already Red) but it will not work if he initiates diallogue before turning hostile. Moreover, once the dialogue is over and the battle begins, it will take 3-4 seconds until hitting spacebar will pause the game again. I am not quite sure right now but I think the same thing happened to the original Baldur's Gate. Any explanations would be appreciated.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    The behaviour mentioned in the OP is something I've experienced as well. Tagging @Dee and @Troodon80 to explain that this is how the multiplayer works. Or maybe there's indeed something that can be changed here;)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    There is indeed a delay between pauses in multiplayer--it's there so that you don't end up with two players pausing at the same time and resulting in the game remaining unpaused.

I'm not sure about the auto-pause issue with dialogue, though. Do you have an example case that we can test?
  • episkeptisepiskeptis Member Posts: 4
    Dee said:

There is indeed a delay between pauses in multiplayer--it's there so that you don't end up with two players pausing at the same time and resulting in the game remaining unpaused.

I'm not sure about the auto-pause issue with dialogue, though. Do you have an example case that we can test?

I understand the delay between pauses (there is a message saying that you need to wait to pause again and it makes sense). Still, anytime someone talks to you and once the dialogue ends he/she turns hostile a) the game won't autopause and b) immediately hitting the spacebar has no effect, it takes a few seconds to be able to pause manually. I am not sure what an example case might be though...
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    If you're personally controlling all party-members (i.e. not playing with any other IRL person), you could try moving the save file from the multiplayer folder into the main single-player folder...

You'll have all your created toons, but none of the minor embuggerances of using the multiplayer mode (such as the pausing issue; having to select all characters on reload; and your party organisation snapping back to its first config on reload)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    At first I read "Regarding Menopause".