Skip to content

HD remake of FFVII offically announced at E3

cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
I could not believe it when I woke up this morning to this:

JuliusBorisovFinneousPJelminsterWilburNonnahswriterNimran

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Looks more like a movie than a game, to me...

I'm feeling old, these modern games scare me a lot, to tell the truth.
  • Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    PS4? Bleh.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    "Play it first on Playstation 4"

No thx, I'll wait for the PC version.
    AedanDaunt
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    edited June 2015
    FF VII is the only FF I've played, but it was really good. I didn't like the constant fighting too much but the story was cool. I'm interest in seeing how this turn out.
    FinneousPJ
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    bengoshi said:

Looks more like a movie than a game, to me...

I do not think that the game will have the same graphic of the one shown in the trailer.
    Take Mass Effect 2 or Dragon Age: Origins, for instance. Their trailers shows characters that just seem real, but if you played these games, you know that they look different :smile:
    [Deleted User]
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I'll probably upgrade my PC for this among other things...
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    I'm more excited for The Last Guardian, to be honest.

But this is still really flippin' cool. :smiley:
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    I'm getting that feeling that Square Enix is going to screw this up somehow. Even though, I really want to be proven wrong.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    At a later session Square Enix said they are also bringing the original version of the game to IOS, and if it goes like all the other mobile versions of FF it will come to android shortly after.

There are also rumours that the HD remake will come out for the 20th anniversary of the game (Jan. 31 2017) or they may wait for the "lucky 7s" date of 7/7/2017. It could also take them longer then 2 years to make given it is being headed up by the same person in charge of Kingdom Hearts 3, and that still does not have a release date.
  • DauntDaunt Member Posts: 52
    cmk24 said:

There are also rumours that the HD remake will come out for the 20th anniversary of the game (Jan. 31 2017) or they may wait for the "lucky 7s" date of 7/7/2017.

It could also take them longer then 2 years to make given it is being headed up by the same person in charge of Kingdom Hearts 3, and that still does not have a release date.

It's in production currently if I read right, so depending on how far along they are, January 31st '17 could very well be a target release date. Plus, 20th anniversary to the day is irresistable for SE, I'd bet.

This game is going to be awesome. Also, I'm glad somebody finally broke the glass and hit this:

Nimran