Skip to content

Nishruu or Hakeashar?

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
There is not a whole lot of difference between these two summons. Hakeashar has slightly better stats and immunity to normal weapons, but other than that they are pretty much the same thing. So my question is which one do you think is better to summon?

I usually use the Hakeashar mainly because I like upgraded things. This is not because I think it is necessarily worth the higher spell slot, but because it has better stats and such which are too difficult for the perfectionist in me to resist.

If anyone is interested I could also provide a complete list of the stats of these two summons.

Comments

• YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Either of these summons is only marginally useful so usually I don't bother memorizing either spell. Situationally this might be handy, if you are ONLY facing spellcasters. They both have lousy HP, so even then the 1st summon the enemy caster brings up is going to chunk the Nishruu/Hakeashar.

However, if forced to choose, I would go with the Hakeashar. Lvl 6 has all the most important spells, like PfMW or IH. It's less of a waste to use a lvl 7 slot.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I'm with @Yannir, I very rarely use either of these spells. Not only because I generally find that the most effective way of diminishing an enemy caster's power is simply to kill him, but also because of my aversion to destroying potential loot - enemy casters sometimes hold items (e.g. wands) with only 1 or 2 charges, so attacking them with a Nishruu or Hakeashar is likely to destroy those items.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I've checked the critters' files in the past and found that the only difference between them was that the Hakeashar has 20 more HP and 2 better THAC0 (72 to 92; 11 to 9). So, they're almost identical. If you're short on level 6 spells, pick the Hakeashar. If you're short on level 7 spells, pick the Nishruu.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I've always had a good time summuning either of them - it's a great help against liches and tough spellcasters.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Skeleton Warriors are handy vs mages too though.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    DreadKhan said:

Skeleton Warriors are handy vs mages too though.

Yes, but only at 15th level you'll be able to summon those, while you can summon nishruu at level 12.
  • SciobthaSciobtha Member Posts: 54
    I did tend to start using the hakeashar towards the end of the game, just as an added distraction and bonus against those casters with higher levels since the dude eats spell slots. They usually did not start in my front line though. My first wave was usually 2 fire elementals (complements of Jaheira) and skele-bros from Anomen.