Skip to content

Petition to make Glintin Gardnersonson romance Aerie

billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
edited July 2015 in Feature Requests
Aerie worships Baervan Wildwanderer. Glint worships Baravar Cloakshaadow. Aerie likes gnomes; Glint is a gnome. It's a match made in the Golden Hills.

Romance conflicts with Haer'Dalis and CHARNAME are a must.
  1. Petition to make Glintin Gardnersonson romance Aerie57 votes
    1. Yes, Glint Gardnersonson Should Romance Aerie
      26.32%
    2. No, Glint Gardnersonson Should Not Romance Aerie
      73.68%
Post edited by billbisco on

Comments

• SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Aerie already has a romance with CHARNAME and a romance with Haer'Dalis, she doesn't need more party members trying to bang her. Also Aerie is a BG2 character and Glint is a SoD character so when would this random romance happen?

I would much prefer other NPC's trying to romance Viconia or Jaheira, Dorn could try for Vicky, then I could kill him. It would be fun or even better Annoyamen could try either and then I could kill him slowly XD
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Glint did Aerie years ago, and is now ready to move onto Dorn.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Fardragon said:

Glint did Aerie years ago, and is now ready to move onto Dorn.

Now I really want to know what a Dorn/Charname/Aerie triangle looks like - has anyone ever tried that?
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I wouldn't wish romancing Aerie on anyone.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    This is becoming excessive, @billbisco, and I'm starting to come around to what @decado said in another thread. Please STOP posting petitions, especially since some of them are downright silly.

This one is the silliest yet, since it's founded on a wholly incorrect premise. Glint is a follower of Baravar Cloakshadow, not Baervan Wildwanderer. They are not the same god.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

This is becoming excessive, @billbisco, and I'm starting to come around to what @decado said in another thread. Please STOP posting petitions, especially since some of them are downright silly.

This one is the silliest yet, since it's founded on a wholly incorrect premise. Glint is a follower of Baravar Cloakshadow, not Baervan Wildwanderer. They are not the same god.

Not to mention that they aren't even in the same game!
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    Mistake on my part. Let mr correct op.

• rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    For what it's worth, I think this is the best petition @billbisco has put up. Sure, you'd have to put Glint into BG2 first for it to work (which a lot of people would support anyway), but if Beamdog did do that, why not insert a bit of Haer'Dalis style flirting while they're at it? Aerie is already totally fine with romancing Gnomish blokes, if Glint is also okay with extremely whiny crippled elves, why the hell not? Makes sense to me!
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    Not everyone falls in love with you or others all the time. And there is not much conversation between Khalid and Jaheira. Like xx and charname those conversations are probably private and not for the rest of the party.

Vicky does make a move on Sarevok in TOB though. More than once. He declines. She's not really into other NPC'S of my knowledge.

I am by the way currently in the beginning of SOA with a male PC. I plan to bring Dorn, Aerie, Jaheira, Vicky and Neera to watch them fight over me.

Does anyone know if turning down sex with Dorn shortly in his romance will break it off? Otherwise it won't take long seeing my PC is a skank
    edited July 2015
    The thing that is really silly is not to take into account that Glint may already have been written as gay (or happily married, or both).
    doggy said:

Does anyone know if turning down sex with Dorn shortly in his romance will break it off? Otherwise it won't take long seeing my PC is a skank

You can delay by telling him something to the extent of "Not tonight, but soon". He won't accept that answer the next time it comes up, though...
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited July 2015
    Fardragon said:

The thing that is really silly is not to take into account that Glint may already have been written as gay (or happily married, or both).

True, although I reckon it'd be disproportionate to include additional gay romance options. Obviously the game offers a wider variety of straight romantic interests, but that's realistic.

If any of the new SoD NPCs are gay (whether romanceable or not), then I suggest that the most obvious candidate is M'Khiin. If she's a lesbian, then that might offer a credible back-story about why a female goblin is out in the world fending for herself - goblin tribes strongly expect their female members to devote themselves to breeding more goblins, so a lesbian might not fit in very well.
    A character can be gay without being a romance option.

True, although I reckon it'd be disproportionate to include additional gay romance options. Obviously the game offers a wider variety of straight romantic interests, but that's realistic.

Right, having more than one same-sex romance would be completely unrealistic.

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    edited July 2015
    deltago said:

Fardragon said:

A character can be gay without being a romance option.

Wha?

You mean we aren't applying the Bioware rule of shag any thing that moves?!
    Ahem. Krem? Vivienne?

...Ah-Krem?
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    @shawne & @Schneidend

Those are coming with an all new paid DLC.
    deltago said:

@shawne & @Schneidend

Those are coming with an all new paid DLC.

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Aside from if this is going to be a real thing or not:
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Aerie only romances me and no other. If there was an "other" they would not be long for this world.
    doggy said:

Vicky does make a move on Sarevok in TOB though. More than once. He declines. She's not really into other NPC'S of my knowledge.

This happens even when your romancing her and she's moving toward the aliment shift, admitting she is actually in love and all.
    Really big oversight, had to kill Sarevok a few times. It didn't make me feel any better.
    Viconia hits on Sarevok, Hexxat hits on Viconia, Haer'Dalis and Aerie get together, Korgan has a crush on Mazzy... it's a nice touch, helps create the feeling that your companions are growing more connected as a team.
    shawne said:

Viconia hits on Sarevok, Hexxat hits on Viconia, Haer'Dalis and Aerie get together, Korgan has a crush on Mazzy... it's a nice touch, helps create the feeling that your companions are growing more connected as a team.

Yes I agree with you, it is a nice little touch, but it shouldn't really happen once your in the serious bit of the romance with a NPC. With Vicky, if Hexxat hits on her while your in a romance fine sure whatever, but Viconia initiating the flirting is what I have a problem with.
    It's totally in her character to screw with your head in during the SoA bit of the romance, not a chance she would do that half way through the ToB romance.
    Sarevok wasn't an option during SoA.
    It's been a while since I've seen the dialogue, but as I recall it was more just a flirt thing and not like "yes! take me right now while your brother watches!"

It's been a while since I've seen the dialogue, but as I recall it was more just a flirt thing and not like "yes! take me right now while your brother watches!"

To be fair, she was probably thinking:

shawne said:

To be fair, she was probably thinking:

My CHARNAME's thought process:

But, Viconia will be able to do whatever she wants this time 'round. I'm planning on finally doing a full playthrough with the Ninde NPC mod.