Skip to content

How will YOU break the siege?

VakarianVakarian Member Posts: 94
Since the announcement of SoD, I've been thinking about what charname and party to take through for my first (of what will likely be many) run. Curious as to what others are thinking and why. So, who will you take with you to break the siege of Dragonspear?

Charname: Stalker (elf) - Stalkers are awesome, and with new areas to explore, I'll need someone stealthy to scout
Imoen: because I can never leave little sis behind. Also, dualed to mage after maxing locks/traps fills multiple party roles.
Khalid/Jahiera: I want to bring one set of companions that get abducted by Irenicus to see how the story plays out. K&J just seem so central to the story of BG1, so they edge out Minsc and Dynaheir for the first run (sadly, the buttkicking for goodness will have to wait)
Glint: Gotta check out at least one of the new NPCs, and Baravar Cloakshadow is probably my favorite deity in the realms.
Rotating slot: Will likely incorporate Corwin, Voghiln, M'Khinn, Neera, and/or Rasaad (and maybe someone else if it makes sense for the narrative) for various parts of the game.
Post edited by Vakarian on

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    My storied play through if I get it done in time. Going in blind writing it will be a challenge though but should make things interesting.

If not, I have an evil cleric/thief looking for the reason why Minsc and Jaheira are locked in a cage and not Skie and Monty with Xzar playing the part of Dyna and Eldoth playing the part of Khalid.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Because I'm woefully singular with my protagonists in the EEs, I'll be going through with my go-to Blackguard, Drake. He'll be rolling through in full plate, carrying a shield, and wielding long swords, bastard swords, and axes. He won't break the siege. The siege shall break on HIM.

Voghiln the Vast and M'khiin Grubdubbler are pretty much guaranteed to be in the group. Not 100% on the other two SoD NPCs. That is, unless the shaman proves to be too much of a one-trick pony with that spirit animal summoning ability.

Judging from what I know about the other available NPCs, I'll likely round us out with some combination of Dorn, Viconia, Safana, and Baeloth.
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    With Full Plate and Packing Steel
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Dwarven Defender
    Voghlin for Skald for bonuses

March in, go 'that's new!' and tank it.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Val'myr Zaur: CN Elf (Drow) Cleric/Necromancer (GO EEKEEPER!)
    Rasaad
    Neera
    Imoen
    Viconia
    Alora

Hopefully this will be the run that takes me from BG:EE to the end of ToB. Val is my go-to main character, Rasaad is just like my best friend IRL and Alora is my ideal significant other. Neera will be my actual romance option probably since she can be romanced and then Viconia and Imoen for a badass Drow and my adorable childhood friend.
  • VakarianVakarian Member Posts: 94
    @deltago Using your Sahil playthrough for your first run? That's pretty awesome. I can see how going through blind could help with your story (you'll be as surprised as your party by what you run into), but wow, that's going to be tough to avoid the temptation of playing ahead.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Illusionist/Thief :wink:
    Paladin said:

Illusionist/Thief :wink:

Just kidding, Paladin.

• VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    gangler said:

I'm gonna be playing a whimsical jester. Gonna try and talk my way through encounters as much as possible. Just really like the idea of charming my way into The Shining Lady's ranks, chatting up her crusaders around the water cooler, gathering intel until I can finally work my way into The Shining Lady's company and cut the head off this beast.

Seems like it creates a fun contrast in methods between my wily fool and The Inspiring Leader type we'll be up against.

Crap.
    A whimsical Jester bard sounds fun.
    CRAAAPP. Must keep my resolve! Must resist the rerollitis before the game has been even released!
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    My first playthrough ever was as a diviner in both BGs, I guess I am gonna have to unbury the files about that guy.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited July 2015
    Hard to say, it really does depend on who's available.

At the end of BG:EE, my Team Evil run was Malathyr (NE Elf Pale Master, courtesy of @bfons86), Dorn, Shar-Teel, Safana (Keeper'd into a Swashbuckler), Viconia and Baeloth. I don't think Shar-Teel is coming back, so I'll replace her with M'Khiin. It's not an ideal set-up in terms of party composition - not enough melee - but I guess I'll use Animate Dead and M'Khiin's spirits to make up the difference.

My Amazon run was Teresa (LG Human Cavalier), Jaheira, Alora, Branwen, Imoen and Neera, and that's going to be trickier to rework. If Branwen's out, I can have Jaheira serve as party healer instead and bring in Schael Corwin for more muscle. Imoen's status is unclear, but Dynaheir can take her place as primary caster. The real problem is that I'm pretty sure Alora's gone too, which leaves me without a thief (unless Skie's recruitable, which, ugh, but needs must).
    Post edited by shawne on
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I will start a full game of BG:EE on the release of SoD so I can play my main as a shaman.

Fela, CG shaman, race undecided
    Imoen
    Minsc
    Dynaheir
    Neera (can't seem to ever leave her behind no matter how hard I try)

The last slot is currently undecided and will likely be a rotating slot for temp party members. Depending on how the shaman plays I may have to add in another front line person.

On as side note: I just realized my party is currently Minsc surrounded by all the ladies.
  • Daralon87Daralon87 Member Posts: 236
    edited July 2015
    Me as Monk

Ajantis (hopefull he´s in the Party and chanting for Paladin Songs, and kill Dragons)
    Minsc and Boo (a never ending Story)
    Yeslick (Dwarfen and Cleric AWESOME Weapon skills Hammers and go on...)
    Imoen (Thief and please be ONLY as!)
    Dynaheir (Because this is Minsc´s Wife, i´m interested to her death.)
  • IdahoIdaho Member Posts: 608
    edited July 2015
    Alone. They would slow me down...
  • Rulke55Rulke55 Member Posts: 32
    I am currently playing new game as I finally intend to complete Baldur's Gate finally as a whole. I have Neera, Jaheira, Rasaad, Khalid and of course my fighter/cleric in the group. I would consider perhaps taking the the new characters, but I would never remove Neera, like her too much. Rasaad, I might, but Khalid and Jaheira, again depends, but most likely they be ones I get rid of.
    cmk24 said:

I will start a full game of BG:EE on the release of SoD so I can play my main as a shaman.

Where did you pick-up the name Fela? A certain archives scriv?
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    If I can start the game with the party that I will use to defeat Sarevok then it will be:

Hope, female paladin
    Imoen (thief)
    Kagain
    Viconia
    Edwin
    Alora
  • jankieljankiel Member Posts: 127
    Im playing a jester, i'll sing till they all go home.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    edited July 2015
    Paladin said:

cmk24 said:

Where did you pick-up the name Fela? A certain archives scriv?
    She is one of the main characters in The Kingkiller Chronicles book series (The Name of the Wind, The Wise Man's Fear) by Patrick Rothfuss. I tend to name all my PCs after various characters in book that I like.

Edit: A link for people who want to know more about in character in the books http://kingkiller.wikia.com/wiki/Fela
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    Solo only, parties are for noobs
  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    I'll boo-by trap boo with explosives.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Siege of Dragonspear: Boo Goes Commando
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Might be time to roll up another Blade. My first one was the most fun I've ever had on a Candlekeep-ToB run, so I'd be intrigued to see how the missing chapters pan out.... also it represents a nice utility option and gives me the scope to play my preferred Fast,Smart,Charming style!
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Hopefully

PC - Blackguard
    Imoen
    Khalid
    Jaheira
    Montaron
    Xzar
  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    Anyway, my first party to jump in SoD:

Yragael: Dark Moon Monk
    Dorn