Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

The Only Poll That Matters: Are You Buying SoD?

24567

Comments

  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 863
    edited July 2015
    No option for "Definitely going to buy it, BUT NOT at launch or won't pre-order" for whatever reason? Although I could use "Not buying SoD unless...", it doesn't seem right.

  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Waiting to hear reviews/feedback as to SoD's quality
    @Illustair: Wouldn't that fall under waiting?

  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 863
    @shawne. Well yes, but "waiting for reviews/feedback" dramatically changes its meaning. It's as if my buying would depend on SoD's reception. I'm definitely going to buy it, regardless if it is well-received or otherwise. Anyway, just saying :smile:

  • IdahoIdaho Member Posts: 607
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    Regardless at final quallity of sod i like the idea of ressurection of the "True RPGs" so im going to spend some money.
    BUT if i will do it same next time depends on quallity of SoD

    JuliusBorisov
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 171
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    I am really looking forward to SoD and will be showing my support to Beamdog by pre-ordering from them ASAP.

    JuliusBorisov
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Purchasing it at launch
    I'll probably pre-order it, but not as soon as possible. Usually only pre-order a couple of days / a week before release.

    JuliusBorisov
  • GKL206GKL206 Member Posts: 75
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    I don't generally pre-order games, especially after spending a lot of money on Diablo 3 and hating it but I love BG and I think Beamdog have done a good - not perfect but very good - job with the EEs, and they've got better with each release so I'm really looking forward to this.

    JuliusBorisov
  • TomakoTomako Member Posts: 30
    Purchasing it at launch
    This gives me a reason to play through the first game again!

    JuliusBorisov
  • typo_tillytypo_tilly Member Posts: 5,702
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    Pre-ordering BG1EE gave you $2US off! What else could you do with 2 bucks? :u

    ... You could buy some carrots, that's what. c:

    Permidion_StarkJuliusBorisov
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Waiting to hear reviews/feedback as to SoD's quality
    Or a bar of chocolate!

    JuliusBorisov
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    But problebly won't play it within a year. Just leuke Bg2:EE

  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,852
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    I'm a sheep. Baaaaaaa

    elminsterbooinyoureyesAlexisisinneedJuliusBorisov
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    Well, I spent so much time (about a decade) being all nostalgic about Baldur's Gate &co and somewhat sad that those games didn't have a real community on the web any more. Now it's back again and I want it to thrive. At the moment we're living in a second renaissance of CRPGs and that's a great thing.
    Also, I assume the worst that can happen if the game won't be perfect will be that it turns out "ok" or "not bad", so there isn't any real risk involved for me. :P

    SmilingSwordQuartzJuliusBorisov
  • Rulke55Rulke55 Member Posts: 32
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    Calmar said:

    Well, I spent so much time (about a decade) being all nostalgic about Baldur's Gate &co and somewhat sad that those games didn't have a real community on the web any more. Now it's back again and I want it to thrive. At the moment we're living in a second renaissance of CRPGs and that's a great thing.
    Also, I assume the worst that can happen if the game won't be perfect will be that it turns out "ok" or "not bad", so there isn't any real risk involved for me. :P

    What you say dude, I totally agree with. People said for so long cRPGs were dead. Yet when Beamdog announced this, their website blew up, remember. People love cRPG as they are intelligent, smart, difficult, stories well told, great, no amazing characters and such compelling plots and sub-plots. You want to know more.

    I am still badly wanting Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition, but Baldur's Gate will always be one of my fave games. I am currently finally completing game, since I want to achieve this and want to be able to play this content the way it was meant to do be. I just can't wait!

    CalmarJuliusBorisov
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    Rulke55 said:

    Calmar said:

    Well, I spent so much time (about a decade) being all nostalgic about Baldur's Gate &co and somewhat sad that those games didn't have a real community on the web any more. Now it's back again and I want it to thrive. At the moment we're living in a second renaissance of CRPGs and that's a great thing.
    Also, I assume the worst that can happen if the game won't be perfect will be that it turns out "ok" or "not bad", so there isn't any real risk involved for me. :P

    What you say dude, I totally agree with. People said for so long cRPGs were dead. Yet when Beamdog announced this, their website blew up, remember. People love cRPG as they are intelligent, smart, difficult, stories well told, great, no amazing characters and such compelling plots and sub-plots. You want to know more.

    I am still badly wanting Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition, but Baldur's Gate will always be one of my fave games. I am currently finally completing game, since I want to achieve this and want to be able to play this content the way it was meant to do be. I just can't wait!

    Whenever cRPGs are called dead, Baldurs Gate will come and cast ressurection :D
    It did so the first time (together with the Dungeon Crawler/Action-RPG Diablo ^^) and it does
    so again (tho the Action-RPGs seem strong to me.. But I'm a tad out of toch with them)

    The bad news about that is, that BG3 will only come out once the cRPGs are dying (again) =/

    JuliusBorisov
  • IdahoIdaho Member Posts: 607
    edited July 2015
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    I would say that BG3 (or some sort of successor) will come sooner if it shows as profitable project. Money talks and with current progress its possible that they will keep going

    JuliusBorisov
  • Rulke55Rulke55 Member Posts: 32
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    Idaho said:

    I would say that BG3 (or some sort of successor) will come sooner if it shows that its profitable project. Money talks and with current progress its possible that they will keep going

    Very true and I imagine we could well see it. Although wonder what new story shall be, the Bhaal Spawn saga complete, could we perhaps go to likes of Thay and deal the duplicity of those Red Wizards?

    JuliusBorisov
  • IdahoIdaho Member Posts: 607
    edited July 2015
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    I honestly hope that Bhalls spawns part is behind us. Its already annoying (I mean possible BhS in SoD) and i would like some non-save-the-world/humanity/eternity/universe adventure. I think there is so many options for plot because wide and complex history of faerun.
    But the reall question is "Will get beamdog rights for forgotten realms game?" As i see it, there is no reasson for "no" answer, but...

  • Rulke55Rulke55 Member Posts: 32
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    Oh god if they got the rights for Forgotten Realms games, I would be happiest man-child on this face of the planet. Also yes I really want to go to Thay, we seen Neverwinter and Sword Coast, I want to see somewhere drastic we have not seen before.

  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 385
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    If I pre-ordered BGI & II, it's not to leave this one away.

    JuliusBorisov
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    Idaho said:

    I honestly hope that Bhalls spawns part is behind us. Its already annoying (I mean possible BhS in SoD) and i would like some non-save-the-world/humanity/eternity/universe adventure. I think there is so many options for plot because wide and complex history of faerun.
    But the reall question is "Will get beamdog rights for forgotten realms game?" As i see it, there is no reasson for "no" answer, but...

    I usually would be all for that, but after DA2 I'm no longer sure about that.
    The game was rushed, sure, but many ppl where angry about the story and it was a story where you
    weren't the "grand hero to save the world" but just a pretty strong guy thrown in an ugly situation and
    trying to make the best out of it.
    Anyways, the reaction to that game makes me wory about a game were you are NOT saving the world,
    but something more low-profile..

  • Rulke55Rulke55 Member Posts: 32
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    Again we seen much of what Red Wizards are capable of as a group and it would make sense for story to continue there. Perhaps tie it into Neera's story where Red Wizards were trying to master chaos for their own ends. Also Thay is vastly different biome wise to places we have been, not snowy nor forest like, instead sprawling deserts and a group that everyone fears greatly. Red Wizards hold most power over Thay.

  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    Rulke55 said:

    Again we seen much of what Red Wizards are capable of as a group and it would make sense for story to continue there. Perhaps tie it into Neera's story where Red Wizards were trying to master chaos for their own ends. Also Thay is vastly different biome wise to places we have been, not snowy nor forest like, instead sprawling deserts and a group that everyone fears greatly. Red Wizards hold most power over Thay.

    The problem is that a new BG will be D&DNext, which plays in a time where the Reddys changed pretty
    drastically..
    I think BG3 should play in Baldurs Gate and let us fight against a newly forming Bhaal cult ^^
    (..yeah, I want it to be a homage to BG1 while being also original ^^)

    Rulke55lolien
  • Rulke55Rulke55 Member Posts: 32
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    Arcanis, from what I heard they would not be changing system, because they themselves know this system well and know we know it. They may perhaps go Icewind Dale route and go with third edition, that could be very likely.

    Sixheadeddog
  • Rulke55Rulke55 Member Posts: 32
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    Also for anyone needing more information on Thay there is this

    http://www.realmshelps.net/faerun/thay/index.shtml

    Best known for the crimson-robed Red Wizards who rule the land with an iron fist; Thay is a realm shrouded in mystery. Few outsiders have traveled extensively within its borders unless abducted and sold into a short life of slavery there: The Thayans who do talk about their homeland speak of it with such pride as to make most listeners doubt their amazing claims - were it not for the fact that these same rumors surface again and again from a dozen different sources.

    The Thayans have endeavored constantly to expand their borders since they won their independence from Mulhorand in 922 DR. In fact, it was only twelve years after that momentous date that the Thayans launched their first invasion of Rashemen. The Thayans have been beaten back numerous times from both Aglarond and Rashemen, but though their armies failed to subjugate these realms, they still brought the Alaor, the Priador, the Sur and Umber vales, and the cities of the Wizards' Reach under Thay's control.

    The borders of Thay have changed little since the conquest of the Wizards' Reach fifteen years ago. The Red Wizards keep their armies at home these days, while their merchants have spread throughout the lands of the Inner Sea, selling valuable magic items in well protected concessions and Thayan enclaves. Rivers of gold, goods, and slaves pour into the zulkirs' coffers from this expansion of Thayan trade. Szass Tam and his colleagues have come to understand that gold can conquer lands that resist swords and spells, and Thay's monopoly on the manufacture and sale of magic items might be the weapon that brings the Red Wizards dominion over all Faerûn.

    thay.jpg 228.2K
    kcwiseJuliusBorisov
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,415
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    Rulke55 said:

    Arcanis, from what I heard they would not be changing system, because they themselves know this system well and know we know it. They may perhaps go Icewind Dale route and go with third edition, that could be very likely.

    If WotC were to approve a "new game" - as opposed to an Enhanced Edition or expansion, I would imagine they would want 5E rules used, not 3E. IWD2 used 3E rules because those rules were recently released (3E released in 2000, IWD2 in production in 2001).

    cmk24kaguana
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible

    Rulke55 said:

    Arcanis, from what I heard they would not be changing system, because they themselves know this system well and know we know it. They may perhaps go Icewind Dale route and go with third edition, that could be very likely.

    If WotC were to approve a "new game" - as opposed to an Enhanced Edition or expansion, I would imagine they would want 5E rules used, not 3E. IWD2 used 3E rules because those rules were recently released (3E released in 2000, IWD2 in production in 2001).
    Yep, that is the stance of WotC, I think they even officially said it one time.
    It was already a HUGE surprise they greenlighted SoD (at least I think they did ;-) )
    Buuut, that + the neat comic (reminds me, I need to get my hands on some newer issues ^^) seems like
    they are willing to allow BG to shine once again and maybe we get *good* D&D games once again!
    -After all, not everyone of us can find a P&P grup to play with, so please Wizards, allow Beamdog to
    ressurect Baldurs Gates proud legacy!

  • Rulke55Rulke55 Member Posts: 32
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    Arcanis what you think of my idea of next one in Thay?

  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
    Rulke55 said:

    Arcanis what you think of my idea of next one in Thay?

    Well, depends on the time ;-)
    The old Thay would be interesting, but you need to be rather mid-high level imho.
    I would like to see a game placed there and dealing with the Reds could be tricky..
    So.. if we have a mid-high level group, I'm all up for that :D

    The new Thay.. Mhm is is under the thumb of Sasz Tam, who struck a deal with Bane, everything
    we do could escalate rather quickly.. I see problems with that area in a cRPG, since we can't realy change
    the status-quo and everything adventurey in Thay *will* change it.

    Unless.... WotC, if you read this.. please allow a BG3 (or maybe BG4, with the group of BG3) to play in
    Thay and have a (mandatory) side plot going on that will canonicly change the Area *_*

    to shorten my rather long rambling, the area *is* pretty interesting, if difficult to incorporate, so
    I would be all up for it, though I would prefer a new brand name for that :D
    A Baldurs Gate should either play there or be connected to a prequel that plays there ^^

Sign In or Register to comment.