I figured I'd announce it here, both to bounce ideas off other forumites and so I can keep things steady in one continuous topic, rather than having them all spread out.'
The premise is fairly simple, it was either the BG series again or the ME series again. Nothing else is interesting me at the moment. Thus, this topic (and my continued presence) are born.
Now first, I need help deciding the various classes that I will have pre-generated, as I will inevitably die. A few will be constants, because they're either classes I love (Cavalier) or really wanna play to the point that I have them in my head (Blade). Feel free to add more, as I'll likely go down the list and start back up again.
1. Arveene Dragonspear [Spoiler](LG Human Cavalier) 2h Sword, Spear, warhammer, bastard sword, longsword etc
This one is fairly straightforward, and a regular take on my main character throughout these games. Plus, with Dragonspear coming out, I want her namesake ready to go for its release.[/Spoiler]
2. Aundrea Dragonspear [Spoiler](NG->NE Blade) Longsword and either Crossbow or Dagger
I love the concept of blades, and fighter/mages in general but I hate multiclassing. There will be a question regarding this character in the following post, but suffice to say, she's definitely starting good. By the time she reaches the trials in hell though, I see her going evil, just because she wants the sword blackrazor. Poor girl has a thing for pretty swords[/Spoiler]
3. Lia [Spoiler]My elven archer that I've sworn to beat the game with one day. One issue I've had with her is convincing myself why I'd give up my BGEE longbows for the shortbows in BG2EE. That's always been the one thing that's stopped me, having to relearn bows in a new game =([/Spoiler]
4. Zippo [Spoiler]She fancies herself a wannabe war wizard from Cormyr. DEFINITELY an invoker[/Spoiler]
5. As yet unnamed cleric [Spoiler]Prolly of helm, although this might be one of the rare times I multiclass. If so, it'll be a dwarf.[/Spoiler]
6. As yet unnamed assassin [Spoiler]It'll likely be either an elf or a shorty, but never underestimate my love of stupidly playing humans.[/Spoiler]
Other than that, the only limitations I'll be putting on myself is no re-loading. So when ole-Minsc dies, it's so long until BG2 =( And as I said, if a character dies, it'll be moving on to the next on the list. As far as difficulty, I haven't decided if I'm going to go for the hardest, or just stay on core.