Skip to content

Edwin's Projected Images - Lost Spells

When I cast Project Image with Edwin, some spells are missing in the copy. I think it's something like 2 spells missed per spell level. I don't know if it is related to Edwin's special amulet, but the copy from Project Image should have access to all spells and equipments of the original caster, right?

Comments

• SertoriusSertorius Member Posts: 172
    It sounds like it is related to Edwin's amulet. The spell description does not mention if it takes eqiupment into account.

Maybe you should try using another spellcaster with some of the other items that increases the amount of spells and see what the result is?
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    Vitor said:

but the copy from Project Image should have access to all spells and equipments of the original caster, right?

No, it clone just "body without items" and btw @Gate70, @Jalily @Dee what do u think about quick slots block, cos as descriptions says it copies only body so i think quick slots must be blocked...
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    edited July 2015
    Maxxximus said:

Vitor said:

but the copy from Project Image should have access to all spells and equipments of the original caster, right?

No, it clone just "body without items" and btw @Gate70, @Jalily @Dee what do u think about quick slots block, cos as descriptions says it copies only body so i think quick slots must be blocked...

"When this spell is cast, an illusionary copy of the caster steps out of his body. This copy has the same Hit Points and can cast the same spells, as the original caster; however, it may not make any physical attacks. As long as the image is in existence, the original caster is rooted to the ground and only his projected image may move around; if the image is destroyed, the spell ends and the original caster can move again. Also, if during this time the caster takes any damage, the image will disappear and the caster can move around again. Otherwise, the image will remain for the duration of the spell, or until affected by a Dispel Magic or anything that reveals illusions, such as True Sight."

Where in the description are you seeing that it copies "body whithout items"?

It just says "cast the same spells, as the original caster". So, it should cast all the spells that the original caster can cast. Indeed, it stipulate the only restriction in relation to the actual caster: "however, it may not make any physical attacks", besides being destroyed by dispel magic or spells like true sight.

So, since Edwin's projected images are not casting "the same spells, as the original caster", in my opinion it should cast all his spells. Even those spell slots added by equipments.
    Post edited by Vitor on
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Mechanically, Project Image does not copy items. I have Robe of Vecna on my mages and when I cast it, the copy comes out naked. Because Edwin's spells are tied to his amulet, his Project Image doesn't get them.
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288

Mechanically, Project Image does not copy items. I have Robe of Vecna on my mages and when I cast it, the copy comes out naked. Because Edwin's spells are tied to his amulet, his Project Image doesn't get them.

Are you saying just mechanicaly, or cosmetically too? Because I've just cast Project Image, and the copy came with the same clothes, with Circlet of Netheril on his head, and even wielding Staff of Magi in his hands.
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322

emm y'r using mods i guess cos i don't have any naked copies.