VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
So, right now my party is composed by

Oberon (Main Character - Berserker)
Sarevok
Korgan
Viconia
Imoen
Edwin

But I'm thinking in playing with 7 characters in the party. How will that be posible? I'm thinking in alternating Imoen and Haer'Dalis, through Pocket Plane. The idea is that Imoen would come in when I needed thieves' stuff, like open locks and finding traps, and Haer'Dalis would arrive when I was focusing in fights.

I just don't know if it would be viable. What do you think? Do you think it could work, or do you think it would be unpractical? Maybe if I memorized Finding Traps with Viconia... What do you think?

Comments

• ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    You don't really need a Berserker CHARNAME AND Korgan.
    And since it looks like an evil party (except CHARNAME dunno), use Hexxat instead of Imoen.

You could also use Dorn instead of Korgan for variety.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Switching out characters would be rather inconvenient, and generally unnecessary. Haer'dalis isn't necessarily any more useful in a fighter than Imoen. Haer'dalis is the better fighter, but Imoen is the stronger spellcaster.

It would be easier to stick with 6 characters. Your party will already have enough spellpower with Edwin, so Imoen isn't critically necessary. You already have three fighters, so Haer'dalis isn't critically necessary, either. Knock can replace lockpicking, and you can tough out ToB traps with the party you have.
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    edited July 2015
    Yeah, I was trying Hexxat, @Archaos. But I really don't like the mechanics of backstabbing and setting traps in Infinity Engine... So I put her out, and brought back Imoen to the party. I don't like Dorn, either... I like Korgan much more than the half-orc. Also, It's not a problem for me having 2 characters of the same class/kit in the party.

I completely forgot about Knock, @semiticgod. Now that you're talking, I think I could memorize half a dozen of knocks with Edwin, that I wouldn't miss anything. I really want to try Haer'Dalis, to see how bard song could improve my party, since I have a lot of melee power. There's nothing wrong with Imoen, really. She does fine being an assistant mage for Edwin... But she's really outshined, since all the other party members are these such incredible beasts. I think that if I used simulacrum and mislead with Haer'Dalis, singing, casting and fighting simultaneously, the tiefling could be a support in the same league of the party. I think I'll try with knock and find traps spells memorized.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Vitor said:

Yeah, I was trying Hexxat, @Archaos. But I really don't like the mechanics of backstabbing and setting traps in Infinity Engine... So I put her out, and brought back Imoen to the party. I don't like Dorn, either... I like Korgan much more than the half-orc. Also, It's not a problem for me having 2 characters of the same class/kit in the party.

I completely forgot about Knock, @semiticgod. Now that you're talking, I think I could memorize half a dozen of knocks with Edwin, that I wouldn't miss anything. I really want to try Haer'Dalis, to see how bard song could improve my party, since I have a lot of melee power. There's nothing wrong with Imoen, really. She does fine being an assistant mage for Edwin... But she's really outshined, since all the other party members are these such incredible beasts. I think that if I used simulacrum and mislead with Haer'Dalis, singing, casting and fighting simultaneously, the tiefling could be a support in the same league of the party. I think I'll try with knock and find traps spells memorized.

Haer'dalis can't cast Simulcrum as bards only get level 6 spells in BG series (up to 8th in IWDee though). Mislead is good though.

Damn I wish we could have IWDee rules and spells in BG series, would really rebalance so many classes so nicely.
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    I intend to cast Simulacrum with Haer'Dalis using Vhailor's Helm, @Wowo.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Which is fantastic especially if you have the Enhanced Bard song :)