Skip to content

What I'm really looking forward to about SoD

There will be no walkthroughs anywhere! It'll (hopefully) be like the early days of BG all over again, with posts like "How do I get into BG City?", "Where's the Bandit Camp?" and "You won't believe what I found in a field in Nashkel!"

Ah, the good old days (Dunbar lights his pipe and rocks back in his chair)!

Comments

• IdahoIdaho Member Posts: 608
    Hehe, i know what you mean, good point :)
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    That’s what I am looking forward to most as well. What a treat it would be to get caught up in the game again not knowing what’s around the next corner or what an NPC will say next. I’m hopping to get just a little of that old feeling back. I’m just a bit jealous of all the newcomers to the game. :)
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Yes, I think we're all going to have be very disciplined about spoiler alerts when we start posting.
  • AltairAltair Member Posts: 128
    Yes, and I am also so looking forward to the whole playthrough BG1+SoD+BG2 on the Legacy of Bhaal difficulty mode! I was dreaming of this mode since years and they did it!
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Unfortunately the Tab function rather takes away the fun of easter eggs (not to mention cunning hiding places) - although you don't have to use it the temptation is always there.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    I always feel guilty raiding the field in Nashkel, as that is the 'easter egg' I missed before the tab function was added. Personally, I think it would be neat if the tab function were tweaked to not show easter eggs, and return the thrill of finding them, just as there are some location exits that do not show up to tab, but need a mouse-over to find (and I believe are quite painful to locate on iPad/android versions).
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    dunbar said:

Unfortunately the Tab function rather takes away the fun of easter eggs (not to mention cunning hiding places) - although you don't have to use it the temptation is always there.

In Icewind Dale, there were some areas where objects that could be activated couldn't be highlighted - instead the cursor turned into a circle of two arrows when you moved it over them (1st level of Dragon's Eye comes to mind). Sod Should totally do that all the time! :P
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    If you circle a certain tree clockwise with your main character three times, a talking ferret will appear, who gives you a :cookie: that you can optionally use to beat the game without having to kill the final boss.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Nimran said:

If you circle a certain tree clockwise with your main character three times, a talking ferret will appear, who gives you a :cookie: that you can optionally use to beat the game without having to kill the final boss.

All hail the Ferret Lord!
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    The first blind Youtube LPs....
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    dunbar said:

There will be no walkthroughs anywhere! It'll (hopefully) be like the early days of BG all over again, with posts like "How do I get into BG City?", "Where's the Bandit Camp?" and "You won't believe what I found in a field in Nashkel!"

Ah, the good old days (Dunbar lights his pipe and rocks back in his chair)!

you really hit the home , i would like to get that too !

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I predict a lot of "How did you manage...?" "What your choice while... is"? threads appearing as soon as SoD is released.

To me, it will be a lot of threads that I won't be able to enter:) At least, till I beat SoD myself.