Skip to content

Release Date

Comments

• arcainearcaine Member Posts: 1
    Any updated info on release for iPad ?
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    Bytebrain said:

I'm not sure they have a choice. I believe with Apple, it's either the AppStore or not the AppStore. Not both.
    And they've already (thankfully) committed to the AppStore for the iPad release...

Other than that, I understand where you're coming from. :-)

The app store is indeed the only option for the iPad. On the Mac, there are no such restrictions. An app can be sold off the app store, only on the app store, or both.

• BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602

Bytebrain said:

I'm not sure they have a choice. I believe with Apple, it's either the AppStore or not the AppStore. Not both.
    And they've already (thankfully) committed to the AppStore for the iPad release...

Other than that, I understand where you're coming from. :-)

The app store is indeed the only option for the iPad. On the Mac, there are no such restrictions. An app can be sold off the app store, only on the app store, or both.

Thank you. I stand corrected. :)
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    Ahhrrgghhh!

From Trent's Twitter:
    @TrentOster: iOS build had a game-stopper bug.  With current estimate for app store approval, that puts us into next week.  We're doing all we can.”

iPad and Mac version delayed. :(
  • analingusanalingus Member Posts: 3
    I knew it... Another ship date delay - and once again "right on time"...
    Im still looking forward to the game though... :o)
  • Gun19Gun19 Member Posts: 48
    Sad panda :-(
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Ever seen a hamster cry? I have now.
  • enigma_flexenigma_flex Member Posts: 1
    We wont be getting the ipad version this week, its been delayed :(
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Baldur's+Gate:+Enhanced+Edition/news.asp?c=46870
  • elsimoelsimo Member Posts: 8
    bad bad news...
  • ReignmakerReignmaker Member Posts: 15
    It would be more disappointing if it was released as a bug-ridden mess. I can wait longer if it means the app will be more polished and responsive when it comes out.
  • scrittyscritty Member Posts: 10
    More disappointing if it wasn't released at all. Suppose we can wait, but only so many times you can name a date and it not happen before the casual browser who might have bought them game decides that this is not for them or loses interest, or thinks "man this developer isn't very good - ergo the game will not be very good either, so I won't risk my cash on it". I would have done a Blizzard and just not announced anything at all till the game was tested, stamped and ready to rock out the door - this isn't making a good impression.
  • scalebscaleb Member Posts: 2
    I guess we could always just forget about the ipad version and get it on PC instead, especially if youre losing patience. :)
  • DarkShrikeDarkShrike Member Posts: 17
    bah! I was so hoping for some iPad fun this week also but... Its good they found a bug now. The game will be that much closer to perfect when it does come out.
  • GygaxianProseGygaxianProse Member Posts: 201
    A next-week iOS release is about a week sooner than I'd been guessing, so....bonus.

THANK YOU BEAMDOG for not releasing a product with a known game killing bug. I wonder what it is.
  • ChurchOfBooChurchOfBoo Member Posts: 82
    It's 6:56 on the day of release. Maybe they fast-tracked the approval. Best thing to do is sit all day on my iPad searching for 'Baldur's Gate' over and over again and waiting for it to come up. Best be on the safe side, I wouldn't want to miss it!
  • dtaquetdtaquet Member Posts: 25
    I live in Japan and it has been release day for 17 hours and 38 minutes now. But I am savoring the wait and grateful the developers are passionate and conscientious enough to do what is needed to offer us mere mortals the joy of reliving that masterpiece!
    Well, it would be pretty horrible if there was a game stopping bug on their big release day. Hopefully they track it down! ;)
  • DragonwingDragonwing Member Posts: 11
    Patience. It will pay off. :)
  • DovakhiinDovakhiin Member Posts: 113
    Hope the game will be released next week without a bug like the crash.
    Spajdrik, great find! Epic, may I say!
  • AlexBiAlexBi Member Posts: 31
    spajdrik said:
    MA VIEEEEENIIIII!!!!
    MA DAIIIII!!!!!

Ehm... Sorry: is italian excitation :D
  • AldaranAldaran Member Posts: 14
    Doesn't seem to be in the Australian store yet. I'd have thought it would be simultaneous on all stores, but I'm not familiar how these things work. Does anyone know if it's actually downloadable and working from the nz store?
    Not to rain on anyone's parade, after so much talk of having to pull the game back from submission, fix it and resubmit it, all in less than 24h, how come it now seems to be available?
    edited November 2012
    Weird. Is NZ in an alternate dimension or something?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ST4TICStrikerST4TICStriker Member Posts: 162
    Not released in Ireland yet :(

Not released in Ireland yet :(

If you see linked page you noticed "Released: 30 November 2012"
    So, here in Europe we must wait tomorrow

Interestingly enough, on the nz store, it says the game was updated on, or at least that the version is from October 7th.
    dtaquet said:

Interestingly enough, on the nz store, it says the game was updated on, or at least that the version is from October 7th.

uh? You mean that Beamdog failed to stop release of "buggy" version in NZ?

So, that version on the NZ store, it includes all the new stuff? As in, there is no DLC?