Skip to content

Release Date

scottezascotteza Member Posts: 3
edited September 2012 in iPad (Archive)
Hi

Do we know an official iPad release date yet?

Comments

• JG1971JG1971 Member Posts: 1
    Yeah, i'd like to know too. I really can't wait for this. I never got to finish the game when it first came out. RELEASE IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • XorconXorcon Member Posts: 2
    The team have stated before that they are planning to submit the game to Apple for approval some time before the PC release. I'd like to think that September 20th may be an educated guess for the iPad release date, but that's just wishful thinking.
  • DregostyrDregostyr Member Posts: 5
    The 20 th would be nice.
    I so can't wait.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    It really depends on Apple not taking nearly a month to analyze the game, as they did back when Opera was relesed for iOS.
  • AdaramAdaram Member Posts: 146
    I hate it when stuff like this is in hands outside the developers. But, I guess that's the way it is :(
  • AdaramAdaram Member Posts: 146
    Oh ... here ... official Tweet from @TrentOster : "Sadly, we cannot announce a date for #bgee on the iPad as it is subject to Apple's Approval process. We're aiming for the same date."
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited September 2012
    From what I understand, the new UI is assembled and functional. The team is currently squashing graphic related glitches and also patching game code bugs.

They may be able to get a copy sent to Apple for certification a week or two before the PC release date, which means it's possible that the iPad gets their version the same day.
  • XorconXorcon Member Posts: 2
    It's true that a same-day release is possible, but a Thursday release is typically the best way to go for App Store games. The App Store refresh happens each Thursday, and with each refresh comes a new set of spotlighted games and apps. If BG:EE could be one of the spotlighted games, or even game of the week, it would likely boost sales for the platform.
  • quellJammerquellJammer Member Posts: 1
    JG1971 said:

Yeah, i'd like to know too. I really can't wait for this. I never got to finish the game when it first came out. RELEASE IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ This

• glakenglaken Member Posts: 8
    Has BG been submitted to Apple yet for approval??
    Not yet. At least no official announcement about that.
  • BG2BG2 Member Posts: 19
    I'm praying for a same-day release, but think the 20th is probably more likely at this point. I just know it can't come soon enough, that's for sure!
  • hazmatzakhazmatzak Member Posts: 9
    Potential complication: iOS 6 is being released on the 19th, and devs are just now submitting all their stuff for that and the new larger screen iPhone 5. So it's a busy time for app reviews.
    That may delay the iOS release, but I think the OSX review team is different...
  • VampQueen31VampQueen31 Member Posts: 60
    I really hope the Ipad release isnt much more then the PC release. I really want to be able to take BG on the road with me and not have to lug around my laptop everywhere.
  • GygaxianProseGygaxianProse Member Posts: 201
    Yeah, I love the portability. A comfortable chair, headphones, iPad, BG....
  • PinolianPinolian Member Posts: 1
    Ok it's been delayed. However is there a way to preorder for the iPad ?
    @Pinolian No. Apple does not allow preorders for software in the App Store.
  • ZeltorZeltor Member Posts: 1
    I'm hoping that now that we've had this delay it will allow for a simultaneous release on all platforms. That would be ideal.
  • scottezascotteza Member Posts: 3
    Any news on this?
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    Hiya, same thing applies with our existing release date. Here's a link to the tweet from @TrentOster:

Here's the content in case you can't see twitter due to firewalls etc:
    "Trent Oster

We are targeting November 28 for all platforms. Since we have approvals, etc, we can't 100% control the date on iOS, Mac and Android"
  • scottezascotteza Member Posts: 3
    Great! Thanks for the info :)
  • GygaxianProseGygaxianProse Member Posts: 201
    So be prepared for the iOS version to hit the app store a little later than PC release, is what I'm getting. Bonus if its simultaneous.
    It may take up to 19 days for Apple to approve a new app. So release date for the Mac/iOS version will probably be around the second week of December. Unless it's already submitted.
  • panjandrumpanjandrum Member Posts: 3
    So you are going to sell only through the App Store (for Mac?). You might consider selling it elsewhere, as a considerable portion of the Mac community is resisting the App Store model for Macs. Gamers in general tend to be a bit more technically knowledgable, and you could be cutting off a substantial number of buyers. I'll be buying the ipad version, so that's already Apple controlłed and censored, but like many computer users, I refuse to see that same control extended to my desktop and laptops systems, and will not be purchasing anything through Mac App Store.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602

So you are going to sell only through the App Store (for Mac?). You might consider selling it elsewhere, as a considerable portion of the Mac community is resisting the App Store model for Macs. Gamers in general tend to be a bit more technically knowledgable, and you could be cutting off a substantial number of buyers. I'll be buying the ipad version, so that's already Apple controlłed and censored, but like many computer users, I refuse to see that same control extended to my desktop and laptops systems, and will not be purchasing anything through Mac App Store.

I'm not sure they have a choice. I believe with Apple, it's either the AppStore or not the AppStore. Not both.
    And they've already (thankfully) committed to the AppStore for the iPad release...

Other than that, I understand where you're coming from. :-)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I agree that applestore is the way to go to reach largest audience
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    A bit overblown paranoia with the App store? Anyway, I await the iPad version.
  • glakenglaken Member Posts: 8
    Has it been submitted to apple yet?