Skip to content

False Dawn and liches

RedWizardRedWizard Member Posts: 242
Just found out how useful it is against SCS II liches. It is always such a bore fighting liches in SCSII, they always are super high level compared to your party of 6, and you have to exhaust multiple protections before you can even damage them, while they pelt you with timestops, fiend summons, dispels and all sorts of other crap.
False Dawn is amazing because of the confuse effect. The damage will be nullifed since those damn liches always start battle with a billion prebuffs, but that's not what we want the spell for.
Liches do not possess any means of making themseves immune to the no save confusion and it also instantly disrupts whatever they are casting.
1 round might sound short but you can just cast it again and clerics aren't really short on level 6 slots.
The confusion will also prevent them from activating triggers, sequencers and casting the very so annoying prot from magic weapons again, without that they are easy prey for your characters.
Was having some trouble with SCSII Deirex since he has access to Time Stop + Improved Alacrity + Fallen Deva and bam, locked into confusion with a simple level 6 priest spell.
Post edited by RedWizard on

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Maybe @Demivrgvs could add some drow-specific effects to Sunray if not False Dawn in a later version of SR. Blindness penalties would make perfect sense. Lowering MR, though, is supposed to be a gradual process, and it's caused by being too far from some source of power in the Underdark, not from the sun. Drow on the surface don't keep their MR at night; Drow in the Underdark shouldn't lose their MR if somebody shines light into their eyes. The MR comes from proximity to the Underdark, while their light blindness comes from exposure to the sun.
  • DemivrgvsDemivrgvs Member Posts: 315
    @semiticgod Adding special effects vs drows is a bit problematic because there isn't a real 'drow' race ids (they are just evil elves). Anyway, you are spot on regarding drow lore and their mr (the sources of power you mention are called faerzress - IR's drowcraft items give you more info about them). Additional effects vs drow could be harsher save penalty against blindness, or a very short lasting confusion/daze. This is low on my priority list but I'll think about it.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    I learned the hard way that this spell affects Hexxat, too.
  • RedWizardRedWizard Member Posts: 242
    edited August 2015
    As a bonus, you can also confuse Kangaxx with it, at least his demilich form.
  • JaskoJasko Member Posts: 31
    edited August 2015
    Yea this spell makes fighting undead opponents easy.. but it's not as cheesy as the prot. scrolls.

If you wanna fight demiliches the more challenging way, then come by a little later when you can cast lvl 9 spells with your mage(s), as to be able to cast Freedom, or you could try your luck with scrolls of freedom earlier on (too hard for me). Pop Spell Immunity: Abjuration and start casting Freedom as everybody starts disappearing. It's a hassle, plenty of reloads, frustration, but eventually rewarding when you do manage to win.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    Then your freedom caster gets imprisoned, or better yet your romance option, I know the new ones don't break because of it but the old ones still do.
  • JaskoJasko Member Posts: 31
    edited August 2015

Then your freedom caster gets imprisoned, or better yet your romance option, I know the new ones don't break because of it but the old ones still do.

That's why your freedom caster needs to have Spell Immunity: Abjuration active which will make him/her immune to imprisonment. It's real hard

additionaly.. if your character doesn't have immunities to imprisonment, I usually keep him out of the fight. Though you could use the Undead prot. Scroll if you really want him contributing. Otherwise, as you probably know, its game over.
    Post edited by Jasko on