Skip to content

Favourite Classes with or without Level Cap?

2»

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Laureanna said:

Whats a level cap and how do I turn it off?

Each character is limited to 161,000 XP total. You can get rid of the cap by following the instructions in this post:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/10212/a-simple-xp-cap-remover/p1
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Level cap is the maximum level attainable by characters in the game; for BGEE that averages to about level 9 (or less for multi-class characters). The easy way to disable it is to edit startare.2da and xpcap.2da with NearInfinity. If you don't have that editor then certainly someone here has uploaded a cap remover but I would have to look for it (I use my own, you see, which is why I don't know where anyone else's is located).
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    edited October 2015
    I love just a pure class fighter. I always go back to it and always have fun. Some of the kits I enjoy (dwarven defender, berserker) and some I do not (Kensai, Wizard Slayer), but an unkitted fighter is by far my absolute fave.

Second favourite would be cleric. Though I find mages to be the most tedious and utterly boring class in the game, somehow clerics suit me. I used to think I had no aptitude for spellcasting, but I've done well with clerics, and druids to some degree. I find them easy and intuitive to use, and their spell selection has more of what I like.

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I like to be the jack of all trades, so bard or thief/mage and their respective kits and races are my favorite. The only thing I dislike is that bards don't get the spell progression that they should have, which is why I tend to favour thief/mage slightly higher.

I like to add kits to MC's, so swashbuckler/mage or assassin/mage is prolly my favorite class and the latter will be the CHARNAME for my first run through SoD.
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    Mage and/or Sorcerer. I always play with the level cap, and manage to enjoy a level 1 arcane caster as much as I enjoy a level 18 arcane caster. There is something really fun about the modesty of Mages and Sorcerers at low levels.