Skip to content

I'm at it again.

So after two failures, I'm still trying to solo or duo black pits with the Sorcerer My first attempt seemed to work decently up until I reached the first group of adventurers. With luck, I was capable of putting to sleep everyone but the freaking cleric/paladin or w/e that tanky bitch is! Bit do to my horrible Thac0, I can't kill everyone before they wake up. The closest I got was actually killing everyone but the tanky one. That required the use of the armor spell and 2 mirror image scrolls!

So I started over, but this time decided to duo, again I made a Sorcerer and partnered him with a female paladin. (I was going to attach some kind of kidnap lovers, love story to the two... Still a better love story than twilight!) But again, I'm having trouble killing the adventures.

I'm the best case scenario, I seem to get everyone but the gnall and paladin with sleep, and the gnall freaking hurts. Worst case scenario, I get everyone but the thief, gnall, paladin, and cleric... Which causes me to push out more sleep spells too early into the fight, or end up dead to a backstab.

So any tips would be welcome at this point.

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    switch them both out for a shadow dancer. Much easier with extra cheese.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Web + Spider spawn
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    deltago said:

switch them both out for a shadow dancer. Much easier with extra cheese.

Yea,no.

Web + Spider spawn

The only way you can have these spells by the time you've reached them is if you've hacked your game or imported into bp1. By the time you reach the first group of adventurers, right before you fight all the hon goblins, you just get access to your third levrl 1 ability
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Hmm you're right of course, I was thinking of later battles.
  • MirageMirage Member Posts: 81
    I completely understand what you are going through. I had the same problem with my solo mage BP run.
    What I did was pick the sling proficiency and the sleep spell as you did. You will be surprised how easy this fight gets, especially if you have maxed your dexterity. Remember that strength damage bonus apply with slings so high strength (16+) will make things faster. Cast sleep and hit the enemies affected by it with your sling, kite the rest.
    If you still have trouble for any reason, buy a potion of speed and you will regret spending your money in it for such a fight! It will be extremelly easy!!
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    IIRC you can refight earlier battles to gain more xp and loot. Can you get Charm Person? If you charm an adventurer then the fight balances out.
    @CaptRory
    You can't do that until you get out of the first teir of battles. This is literally the third battle of the bp, there is no refighting anything.

Ah, gotcha. I never really played the Black Pits that much
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I'd try taking charm person.
    Charm person on a Sorcerer though... I guess a sacrifice has the be made somewhere.
    I guess you can't just buy a scroll of it at that point.