Skip to content

10+ Party Slots

2»

Comments

• TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    edited August 2015
    I remember reading a thread about introducing something like HoF mode to BG2EE.

No idea if that ever got finished or not, but it would be pretty cool with an extended party mod.

The one thing that I felt missing from BG2 (and Black Pits II in particular) is more 'gauntlet' fights.

Something where you fight increasingly powerful waves of continuously spawning enemies.

SCS's Siege of Ust Natha was the pinnacle of this kind of design mentality (and it was GLORIOUS!!).

So, basically, HoF mode + 10man parties + respawning enemies = epic fun!
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    This is my worst nightmare... As I am a minimum party player 2-3 at Most. Solo is too lonely..

I still can't figure how people can play with 6../
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    @t2av You are never required to use all your party slots.
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    billbisco said:

@t2av You are never required to use all your party slots.

I know
    @T2av
    Inventory management is such a PITA with anything less than 6.

At least until you get a bag of holding.
  • JomberwigJomberwig Member Posts: 8
    Party of 10 that could be fun, not really sure how much affect it would be difficulty wise vs smaller party, there are pros & cons to both, depends a bit how you play- but I think ctrl-j might be mandatory??
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    SionIV said:

@SionIV It would almost certainly make the game harder, not easier. 10 low levels chars are worse than 6 mid level ones.

It would only until you hit level 2-3 and then it would be a breeze. It would completely break BG2:EE with all the quest experience flying around. There is enough experience in BG:EE so that every party member would reach 120 000 - 130 000 experience and that would let almost all of them reach the highest level.

It's only at the start the game is harder when you have more people.
    Imagine a ToB party with Sarevok, Anomen, Minsc, Valygar, Keldorn, Imoen, and Dorn.
    that just basically wins u the game without even trying.

@abazigal5

You forgot Korgan :wink:
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    abazigal5 said:

SionIV said:

@SionIV It would almost certainly make the game harder, not easier. 10 low levels chars are worse than 6 mid level ones.

It would only until you hit level 2-3 and then it would be a breeze. It would completely break BG2:EE with all the quest experience flying around. There is enough experience in BG:EE so that every party member would reach 120 000 - 130 000 experience and that would let almost all of them reach the highest level.

It's only at the start the game is harder when you have more people.
    Imagine a ToB party with Sarevok, Anomen, Minsc, Valygar, Keldorn, Imoen, and Dorn.
    that just basically wins u the game without even trying.

If you don't have to try, what fun is that? Plus, you'd have to disable their conflict dialogs (e.g., Keldorn and Anomen vs. Dorn), so you're taking the RP out of it too.
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290

@abazigal5

You forgot Korgan :wink:

I thought about him but I never use him xD

• valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    I would like trying to play with 7-8 personally. More than that would seem to be too much.
  • zealotzealot Member Posts: 12
    Any update on this matter? I would love to have more than 6 party memebers, if only just to see their interactions between themselves.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    I would be fine with 7. I usually run 6 but I would like to include Valygar for instance just for the sphere but not drop minsc.
  • Clumsy_DwarfClumsy_Dwarf Member Posts: 112
    So, I could actually coincider adding a Bard to the party? Interesting LOL

Seriously, I usually run with at lest one multiclass for balance. You could split them into separate characters (Take Edwin and Vicky over Aerie) with out taking a mammoth xp loss to the party.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Massive fights are not necessarily that pleasant. For example, the biggest SoA fight must be the one in Red Wizard enclave (in the main room, if you solve it the hard way) is either horribly hard if you go ham unless you are very high level, or terribly easy if you cheese it. Last time I did it, it was with my Shadowdancer/Mage. I usually do not cheese too much with invisibility=>Cast=>invisibility etc... but this time I had to, I simply spammed AoE (skull traps and cones of cold) and destroyed them. But I definitely never would have won the fight using any other tactic with my level of experience (about 1.4m exp on everyone)
  • AriusArius Member Posts: 92
    CaloNord said:

Interesting. I've never had the desire to play with anymore then 6 but 7 might be fun. To me 10 sounds rather tricky to manage, especially since vanilla BG2/ToB has what, 17 NPCs? So you'd need a very odd party composition to make it work, not to go into the whole balance issues. Or the fact you could play it twice and have used pretty much all the NPCs.

Would it affect replayability? Part of the reason I keep playing is because I still haven't tried every party combination.

Moot point however since I don't think we'll ever see it in the EE games to be honest. For modders it's a labour of love to make things like this happen, for a professional company it's a matter of time, resources and money being worth the result and in this case I don't think they would be.

You could mix and match npc's for play thru content with other player made characters besides charname.

IE you could have a pali main character and be running a good group and not like your thief or mage options that much. So you add minsc and mazzy and create a player made mage and thief characters to go along with:

CharName Pali
    Valygar
    Keldorn
    Anomen
    Mazzy
    Minsc
    Player created thief
    Player created mage
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    No thanks. Completely unnecessary.
  • TenreccTenrecc Member Posts: 265
    Interesting. 10 sounds way too much, but 7-8 sounds interesting. I often end up feeling like I've left a tiny little bit out in a 6 men group, and adding a 7th character might be just what I need. And maybe possibly an 8th.

Actually, running around with a small army sounds pretty fun. At least for one playthrough.