Skip to content

Has anyone else used Relair's Wolf Cloak?

TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
I usually just sell this thing for a few easy thousand gold. But it boosts your strength to 18, gives you 2 attacks per round on a 1d8 weapon and gives bonus movement rate. Additionally, you can still stealth and use special abilities, and the paws hit as a magical weapon. Oh yeah and you can shapeshift back and forth freely. It is literally a backstabbing thief's dream for early BG1. The only drawback I've found is that it sets dexterity to 17 so if you've got 18 dex then you'll lose a point of AC, but it has made my thief into a formidable melee force.

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Interesting. I considered its use on monks and blades as well (not mages though, obviously) though I never saw that. But being able to tear things apart with an assassin wolf has been incredibly awesome.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    It's currently my favourite item on my Assassin/Mage. It's also handy for Wild Mages if they get polymorphed. Monks as well as mentioned. It'll also bump anyone up who happens to need a hand in melee. I used to leave it on the party mage so he was still mildly useful when out of spells.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    If I take Rasaad into the party I often give it to him. Or if I'm playing a monk.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Safana wears it if she is in my party...

Makes her BG2 appearance more bearable.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    It's a shame it's probably one of the more underrated items I've seen. Along with things like Foebane. I adore Foebane. Along with things like Gnasher and Blackblood. All underloved!

On the other hand things like Celestial Fury and Carsomyr probably get more love then they truly deserve! :D
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    CaloNord said:

It's a shame it's probably one of the more underrated items I've seen. Along with things like Foebane. I adore Foebane. Along with things like Gnasher and Blackblood. All underloved!

On the other hand things like Celestial Fury and Carsomyr probably get more love then they truly deserve! :D

Get yourself over to the unpopular opinions thread!