Skip to content

Preparing for BG EE: Team building

2»

Comments

• KosonKoson Member Posts: 284

I think Jaheira would probably like her own belt too.

Nasty :). Lol this is tempting me to do exactly that in my 1st BGEE run and have them tag along for kicks and giggles.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    I'll probably go for:
    Me as Fighter or Sorc
    Imoen
    Viconia
    Neera
    Dorn
    Raasad
  • odessa333odessa333 Member Posts: 59
    Lots of ideas here. I'm so anxious for this to come out, I keep creating new sample characters on my old Baldur's gate game (I still have it on all five cds lol) and keep thinking of new character concepts. For example, I've used a lot of humans and elves, but not too many dwarves, gnomes, or halfings. I've never cared for them much. But looking at the possibilities of a halfing thief, or a dwarfen warrior getting regeneration, and I can't rememeber why that was lol. Plus I've never used the baldur 2 classes or any kits, so the possibilites look endless on paper.

That said, any tips on my main character? As in the first post, I think I'll make a good aligned cleric, a neutral fighter(barbarian?) of some sort, and an evil thief. I keep debating ways of making them more unique, from kits to trying out a rarely used weapon type (spears!) or using the dual class option which I admit, i never tried as it seemed stupid to me when this game came out. I haven't done anything like this game in so long, I am over whelming myself on the possibilities. And while ideas look good on paper, i like getting feed back from those who have been there, done that, and can tell me that spears blow or whatever. Does that make sense? anyway, thanks again for your time!

V

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited September 2012
    Here's my party:

TN half-elf Fighter-Mage (sword dual-wielding meleer specializing in touch spells; fairly high Cha so that fights to the death between NPCs don't erupt, just frictions between them)
    Imoen
    Viconia (for interactions with Rasaad)
    Rasaad
    Dorn
    Neera

So this will be a bit of a challenge, as the PC and Rasaad will tend to take quite a bit of damage, especially early on. (I've read that elven chainmail will be available other than via Drizzt, so that will help when I eventually get it.)

Viconia will be just behind the front row healing and spellcasting, otherwise most likely slinging bullets. If enemies close on her I'd prefer to have her use a quarterstaff, because with her extremely high Dex and the long reach of that weapon she can probably remain relatively unscathed much of the time. But I can't remember what profs she joins with...

Badass Dorn will obviously be the meatshield, taking the point position in combat.

And only the Fates know what will happen with Neera's spellcasting... After she's exhausted her memorized spell selection, I'd like to have her hurling darts. (Darts of wounding and stunning.)

Imoen will of course be in the back row with a short bow.
    Post edited by Lemernis on
  • FedericoVFedericoV Member Posts: 2
    Played the game too many damn times to be interested in exotic builds that I've already tried in the past :). So, I'm pretty tempted by the allure of the classics that never gets old. I think my party build will be guided by the canonical party you start with in BG2.

So, I will play a Paladin (Inquisitor kit) and be accompanied by:

Imhoen
    Minsc
    Dynaheir
    Jeheira
    Khalid (I know, he is annoying as hell and seems pretty week, but you can make a pretty good archer/sniper out of him with the right build... not on the same level of Kivan but still quite good).

Then, I'll rotate charachters and off course try the new ones.
    edited September 2012
    I should add that I usually follow the plotline until I complete the Nashkel Mines. Then I often part company with all NPCs but Imoen and go recruit new NPCs. Maybe keep some of them, maybe not. Here I'm not sure how all that will play out with the three new NPCs. Can someone please refresh my memory as to where each will be found? Thanks.
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    @Lemernis So far we only know for sure that Rasaad will be in Nashkel according to his official page info.
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    Ward said:

I don't form teams by good or bad, so I can't offer any help. In the good team use Yeslick, you need a cleric. In the neutral team go fighter and use Garrick. In the bad team use Montaron, you don't need Xzar and Edwin.

Yeah I never understood to need to compose parties according to alignment either. Always liked the idea of having to compromise and withstand opposing viewpoints in order poop in Sarevok's cornflakes in the best possible manner.
    Btw, there's a mod that allows you to play mixed alignment parties more easily... I'm forgetting the name of it atm...
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Lememis you're talking about the Happy Party component present in many tweak packs.