Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited August 2017
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @subtledoctor I am starting a new game everytime and am not fiddling with her class in any way. Her class info says "Druid of Silvanus" while her character sheet says "fighter/priest" and she only has on spell in her book per level. So her only level one spell is "cure light wounds" etc. It eventually fixed itself, but I had to install every component separately. I got this bug everytime when I selected install option 2 (all kits and sphere system) at start.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @subtledoctor I don't alter npcs with mods, I prefer to tinker with my own characters. I do indeed use those versions. I did 3 separate clean installs and the problem kept reoccurring. Its worth mentioning that using install method 3 of FnP fixed my problem. I was using method 2 all the previous times.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited August 2017

ThacoBell said:

@subtledoctor I know you couldn't replicate it, but Jaheira is STILL not getting her priest spells. I did a clean install and Druid of Silvanus is not working with her

Btw she should not have a "Druid of Silvanus" kit. I don't think. Where the record screen lists XP it should say "fighter" and "priest," and where it lists race and alignment it should say "fighter/druid."

Unless you changed her class to a pure druid or something. Btw another thing you could do is install NPC_EE after this mod and give her a kit that way.

EDIT - are you starting a new game, or loading from a save? I think I f you've already entered the area where she spawns - e.g. inside the FAI - then the .cre file will be in your savegame and won't be changed by the reinstall.

Btw @Grammarsalad you had asked at some point "why do we still use the deity dialogue anymore?" and I know I had an answer... but I don't remember what the answer was. Theoretically we could just make an executive decision about each NPC's kit, and then if players want to change it, or if they add mod NPCs that we don't know about, they could simply install NPC_EE.
    Maybe we should keep deity dialog for dual class( and maybe npcs). I think that there are a lot of npcs that should only be a specific class...not sure, but if we do keep it for dual class, maybe it should be case by case...

@ThacoBell maybe post a screen shot? (Love the handle btw) aka, yo quiero ThacoBell LOL, that could be misinterpreted...
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on

ThacoBell said:

@subtledoctor I don't alter npcs with mods, I prefer to tinker with my own characters.

I mentioned that because your weidu.log has stuff like "make Jaheira neutral good" and "give Jaheira consistent stats" etc. that get installedcafter FnP. I don't know how those mods work, but I know they alter the same .cre files... maybe it's a conflict? I don't know.

I'm also concerned that you're not using the latest version of FnP, because you're mentioning "install option 2" but that is no longer a thing...
    You guys already updated again!? Dang, I thought I was fully up to date. I suppose having problems with option 2 is moot at this point then eh?

@Grammarsalad That is indeed the gist of the joke :smile:
    ThacoBell said:

ThacoBell said:

@subtledoctor I don't alter npcs with mods, I prefer to tinker with my own characters.

I mentioned that because your weidu.log has stuff like "make Jaheira neutral good" and "give Jaheira consistent stats" etc. that get installedcafter FnP. I don't know how those mods work, but I know they alter the same .cre files... maybe it's a conflict? I don't know.

I'm also concerned that you're not using the latest version of FnP, because you're mentioning "install option 2" but that is no longer a thing...
    You guys already updated again!? Dang, I thought I was fully up to date. I suppose having problems with option 2 is moot at this point then eh?

@Grammarsalad That is indeed the gist of the joke :smile:
    Yeah, that's a downside of an open beta project. In many ways, this mod is still in development, and, at times, we update it multiple times in a day...
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    Have the spells be fixed? The shadow monsters and shades spells?

Have the spells be fixed? The shadow monsters and shades spells?

Heh, let me check. I should have a hotfix shortly...
    So, it looks like casting Shades causes a CTD on my (revised) version. I'm not sure what the issue is (probably a missing resource?) Anyway, Shadow Monsters seems okay so far. I can upload that one, at least.
    edited August 2017
    Okay, here is a hotfix (of sorts) for shadow monsters. As a bonus, it also adds mage scrolls into the game (I don't think it'll add it to bgee areas in EET, however).

So, install this as a regular mod after FnP (Not necessary in IWDEE games...)

I'll have to take a closer look at shades...
    edited August 2017
    I tried on an existing game and a new game and both crashes when I cast the Shadow Monsters spell.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~SETUP-TENYATHERMIDOR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tenya Thermidor for BG:EE
    ~PALEMASTER/SETUP-PALEMASTER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pale Master Kit for BG:EE, BG2:EE and IWD:EE: v1.4.3
    ~PALEMASTER/SETUP-PALEMASTER.TP2~ #0 #2 // Evermemory Fix for BG:EE: v1.4.3
    ~CONTINOUSVICONIAAPPEARANCE/SETUP-CONTINOUSVICONIAAPPEARANCE.TP2~ #0 #100 // Continous Viconia: 1
    ~MSFM.TP2~ #0 #2 // Add Circlet of Revelation: v1.43
    ~MSFM.TP2~ #0 #3 // Add inventory animation to circlets: v1.43
    ~WILLOWISP/WILLOWISP.TP2~ #0 #5 // Witchlight Shaman standalone kit for BG:EE and BG2:EE
    ~BARDICWONDERS/SETUP-BARDICWONDERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bardic Wonders: Kits
    ~SARADAS_REVISIONED_SHAPESHIFTER/SARADAS_REVISIONED_SHAPESHIFTER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Saradas_Revisioned_Shapeshifter
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // EE: Item Expansion: v1.67
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #3 // XP Cap Removal -> Remove XP Cap: v1.67
    ~SHADOWADEPT/SETUP-SHADOWADEPT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadow Magic: Shadow Adept mage Kit for BG:EE
    ~SHADOWADEPT/SETUP-SHADOWADEPT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Shadow Magic: Shadow Monk monk kit for BG:EE
    ~SHADOWADEPT/SETUP-SHADOWADEPT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Shadow Magic: Item Pack
    ~SHADOWADEPT/SETUP-SHADOWADEPT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Shadow Magic: NPC Reactions
    ~SHADOWADEPT/SETUP-SHADOWADEPT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shadow Magic: Familiars
    ~FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2~ #0 #102 // Select an installation method below: -> all the new kits and the sphere system: 0.72
    ~SHADOW_MONSTERS/SETUP-SHADOW_MONSTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadow Monsters: 0.01

I tried on an existing game and a new game and both crashes when I cast the Shadow Monsters spell.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~SETUP-TENYATHERMIDOR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tenya Thermidor for BG:EE
    ~PALEMASTER/SETUP-PALEMASTER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pale Master Kit for BG:EE, BG2:EE and IWD:EE: v1.4.3
    ~PALEMASTER/SETUP-PALEMASTER.TP2~ #0 #2 // Evermemory Fix for BG:EE: v1.4.3
    ~CONTINOUSVICONIAAPPEARANCE/SETUP-CONTINOUSVICONIAAPPEARANCE.TP2~ #0 #100 // Continous Viconia: 1
    ~MSFM.TP2~ #0 #2 // Add Circlet of Revelation: v1.43
    ~MSFM.TP2~ #0 #3 // Add inventory animation to circlets: v1.43
    ~WILLOWISP/WILLOWISP.TP2~ #0 #5 // Witchlight Shaman standalone kit for BG:EE and BG2:EE
    ~BARDICWONDERS/SETUP-BARDICWONDERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bardic Wonders: Kits
    ~SARADAS_REVISIONED_SHAPESHIFTER/SARADAS_REVISIONED_SHAPESHIFTER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Saradas_Revisioned_Shapeshifter
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // EE: Item Expansion: v1.67
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #3 // XP Cap Removal -> Remove XP Cap: v1.67
    ~SHADOWADEPT/SETUP-SHADOWADEPT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadow Magic: Shadow Adept mage Kit for BG:EE
    ~SHADOWADEPT/SETUP-SHADOWADEPT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Shadow Magic: Shadow Monk monk kit for BG:EE
    ~SHADOWADEPT/SETUP-SHADOWADEPT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Shadow Magic: Item Pack
    ~SHADOWADEPT/SETUP-SHADOWADEPT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Shadow Magic: NPC Reactions
    ~SHADOWADEPT/SETUP-SHADOWADEPT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shadow Magic: Familiars
    ~FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2~ #0 #102 // Select an installation method below: -> all the new kits and the sphere system: 0.72
    ~SHADOW_MONSTERS/SETUP-SHADOW_MONSTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadow Monsters: 0.01

Darn. What game are you playing? (i.e. bgee, bg2ee, etc)?
  • SchmooplesSchmooples Member Posts: 22
    edited August 2017
    What happened to the HLAs? Dweomerweaver of Mystra, Monitor of Azuth, Hand of Torm and Mistwalker of Leira all seem to have the same HLAs: Enlightenment, Spiritual Attunement, Purity of Body, and Negative Plane Protection.

EDIT: With that said, I'm on 0.71c, I'll try 0.72
    Tested in BGEE

Tested in BGEE

hmmm, I'll have to take a closer look. It worked for me in bgee (though it was a quick test--probably it is a missing creature file)

Does it work sometimes?

What happened to the HLAs? Dweomerweaver of Mystra, Monitor of Azuth, Hand of Torm and Mistwalker of Leira all seem to have the same HLAs: Enlightenment, Spiritual Attunement, Purity of Body, and Negative Plane Protection.

EDIT: With that said, I'm on 0.71c, I'll try 0.72

Heh, I don't think we've updated hlas in a while....
    I have tried 4 times and every time it crashes. My priest does the motions and just when he finishes and the monster should appear, it freezes and I get an error pop-up saying it created a dmp log of the issue. I then have to force off the game to get out.
    edited August 2017
    A couple of notes, as I'm trying out 0.72 in TOB

Human and Elf: multiclass kits don't appear in the menu; single class kits do

Half-Elf: Every kit appears in the menu for except thief/priest

Dwarf: Ranger and thief/priest kits are the only ones that appear in the menu

Halfling: Champion and priest kits are the only ones that appear in the menu

Gnome: Every kit shows up in the menu except for Ranger

Half-Orc: Ranger kits don't show up in the menu

Druid/Mages cannot equip Ring of Acuity

Unkitted Fighter/Priests and Cleric/Mages have as HLAs: Enlightenment, Spiritual Attunement, Tranquil Heart, Purity of Body, One With The Weave, Negative Plane Protection, Mass Raise Dead and Chain Contigency

Unkitted Thief/Priests have the same HLAs as above with Mirrored Clones as an addition

However once kitted the available HLAs is cut down to the same ones I listed in a previous post.

I have tried 4 times and every time it crashes. My priest does the motions and just when he finishes and the monster should appear, it freezes and I get an error pop-up saying it created a dmp log of the issue. I then have to force off the game to get out.

Okay. Thanks for the report.
    hmmm...

A couple of notes, as I'm trying out 0.72 in TOB

Human and Elf: multiclass kits don't appear in the menu; single class kits do

Half-Elf: Every kit appears in the menu for except thief/priest

Dwarf: Ranger and thief/priest kits are the only ones that appear in the menu

Halfling: Champion and priest kits are the only ones that appear in the menu

Gnome: Every kit shows up in the menu except for Ranger

Half-Orc: Ranger kits don't show up in the menu

Druid/Mages cannot equip Ring of Acuity

Unkitted Fighter/Priests and Cleric/Mages have as HLAs: Enlightenment, Spiritual Attunement, Tranquil Heart, Purity of Body, One With The Weave, Negative Plane Protection, Mass Raise Dead and Chain Contigency

Unkitted Thief/Priests have the same HLAs as above with Mirrored Clones as an addition

However once kitted the available HLAs is cut down to the same ones I listed in a previous post.

Thanks for the report
    When I went to level up my Battleguard of Tempus (Fighter/Priest) I noticed these blank slots.

Additionally the description says that Battleguards can become proficient with any weapon, but the only weapon choices I have are: Short Sword, Axe, War Hammer, Club, Spear,Flail/Morning Star, Mace, Quarterstaff, Crossbow, Dart, and Sling

Even though the fighter/priest kit Battleguard of Tempus appears in the menu for Half-Elf and Dwarf, they don't receive the kit when it's chosen. Instead they are unkitted and have the Deity Selection dialogue

Additionally, Fighter/Priest Battleguard of Tempus can only put one pip in all the fighting styles and Darts
    Have Ranger/Mage and Ranger/Thief been implemented yet? No Ranger multiclass kits show for me.
  • franco8737franco8737 Member Posts: 52
    ThacoBell said:

Have Ranger/Mage and Ranger/Thief been implemented yet? No Ranger multiclass kits show for me.

Ranger/Thief is the multiclass kit of F/T and Ranger/Mage is M/T.

ThacoBell said:

Ranger/Thief is the multiclass kit of F/T and Ranger/Mage is M/T.
    They don't show up for me. Neither does the M/T Spellfilcher.
    edited August 2017
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Seems like such a change from the past, for low lvl spells, of any type, are bread n butter for quite a while while leveling up. Just allowing access only to 1-3rd lvl is aught to be enough as is. At most, the number of total minor spheres to have access lowered by one might be better, given the other changes. Just my 2 cents. B)
  • franco8737franco8737 Member Posts: 52
    By the lore background, which kit match Keldorn most? If I keep Inquisitor for him, it seems he may not able to cast any priest spell as well as turn undead. Is that a bug or what?