Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @subtledoctor I wasn't sure what to do with the order for FnP or MaG. They are a lot bigger scope than other mods I've used. Didn't know what to class them as. Thanks for the list though, will certainly help.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited July 2017
    In BGEE, Thalentir (west of Beregost) no longer buys the halbards that the Gnolls drop. This happened with 0.70d. Never had this happen before.

Edit: Nobody buys halbards (Thunderhammer in Beregost wont take them either).
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @subtledoctor Maybe I should have phrased it as "unused item types need to be added to *.STO files", instead of just "new item types". None of the Item Categories above ~36 have *.STO support by default. Adding them won't update stores already visited in an ongoing game though, as they are stored in the save file.
    I don't think there is a Weidu function for adding item types to stores, because I wrote my own when I needed it:
    //	Update all stores to accept new itemtypes
    COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP	~.*\.sto~	override
    	READ_SHORT	0x8	type
    	READ_LONG	0x2c	buy_off
    	READ_LONG	0x30	buy_num
    	SET	buy_add = 0	//	Number of categories to add, to update offsets
    	SET	add_category = 0	//	Initialize check variable
    	FOR	(i = 0; i < 3; ++i)	BEGIN	SET $add_category(~%i%~) = 1	END	//	Initialize check variable
    	FOR	(i = 0; i < buy_num; ++i)	BEGIN
    		READ_BYTE	(buy_off + i * 0x4)	category
    		PATCH_MATCH	category WITH
    			15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 29 30 WHEN add_category = 0	BEGIN	// Match any Weapon Categories
    				++add_category
    			END
    			69	BEGIN	//	Match Bastard Sword Category / No Unnecessary Duplication
    				SET add_category_0 = 0
    			END
    			katana	BEGIN	//	Match Category added for Katana / No Unnecessary Duplication
    				SET add_category_1 = 0
    			END
    			hvy_hamm	BEGIN	//	Match Category added for Heavy Hammers / No Unnecessary Duplication
    				SET add_category_2 = 0
    			END
    		END
    	END
    	//	Add categories
    	PATCH_IF	add_category	BEGIN
    		PATCH_IF	add_category_0	BEGIN
    			INSERT_BYTES	(buy_off + buy_num * 0x4)	0x4
    			WRITE_BYTE	(buy_off + buy_num * 0x4)	69
    			++buy_add
    		END
    		PATCH_IF	add_category_1	BEGIN
    			WRITE_BYTE	(buy_off + buy_num * 0x4)	katana
    			++buy_add
    		END
    		PATCH_IF	add_category_2	BEGIN	
    			WRITE_BYTE	(buy_off + buy_num * 0x4)	hvy_hamm
    			++buy_add
    		END
    		//	Update offsets
    		WRITE_LONG	0x30	(THIS + buy_add)
    		READ_LONG	0x34	items_off
    		PATCH_IF	items_off >= buy_off	BEGIN	
    			WRITE_LONG	0x34	(THIS + buy_add)
    		END
    		READ_LONG	0x4c	drink_off
    		PATCH_IF	drink_off >= buy_off	BEGIN
    			WRITE_LONG	0x4c	(THIS + buy_add)
    		END
    		READ_LONG	0x70	cures_off
    		PATCH_IF	cures_off >= buy_off	BEGIN
    			WRITE_LONG	0x70	(THIS + buy_add)
    		END
    	END
    BUT_ONLY
    edited July 2017
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    As a reminder, would you be able to wipe the list of default memorized spells that the NPCs start with (Jaheria, Arie, Viconia, etc)? This mod is good at resetting the spells they can memorize, but since the sphere known spells don't match with several of the default memorized spells they stay memorized and clutter the spells to cast area when trying to find the spell you want to cast with no way to remove them (and they don't cast anyway so they are pure clutter).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    I look forward to trying this mod with an all evil setup of clergy for a no reload game. Clerics and Paladins have always been my favorite.
    edited July 2017
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Something for the storage banks.
    Acolyte
    Malablight of Yurtrus

Malablights of Yurtrus are the masters of orcish burial ceremonies and oversee the orcish burial lands. They intervene on the tribes behalf when disease and injury occur, fending off early deaths when possible. They also tend to food stores and use their strong powers of divination to seek a course of action for the tribe. When the need arises they will go to war, using their maces and spells to visit deadly plagues upon the enemy.

Requirements: Wis 9, Con 13, Chr 6 or less
    Race: Half orcs only
    Alignment: NE,LE
    Favored Weapon: Mace ( dagger allowed)
    Armor: Only Leather (skins from enemy dyed white, Human flesh armor a special quest item ,hehheh)
    Turn undead ability
    Focus: Affliction
    Major access: Destruction, Knowledge, Benediction, Death, Dread, Protection
    Minor access: War, Plant, Light, Vigor

Special:

2nd lvl Stinking cloud 1/day
    3rd lvl Cause disease 1/day
    4th lvl +2 saves vs death, poison, paralyzation
    6th lvl Contagion 1/day
    8th lvl +1 Con
    10th lvl Insect Plague 1/day (there was a cloud of pestilence spell at one time, wasn't there?)
    12th lvl Death fog 1/day

Roughly.

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I was skeptical about changing how the game works so much beyond kits, but the spehere system adds some actual difference between kits now. I feel like I've missed out by avoiding this one for so long now ;)
    edited July 2017
    @subtledoctor, was the special ability of the Priest of Umberlee fixed? Was giving storm shield instead of smashing wave.

EDIT: Is there a reason the Ur Priest cannot use flails (he can use morning stars)?

EDIT 2: Isn't haste being a 2nd level Exploration spell a bit generous? Mages don't get it until 3rd level. Priests can have it at 1/3 the XP of a mage. I would think it should be a 4th level Priest spell.

My Ur Priest is at 3rd level and I don't have hold person for a second level spell.
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited July 2017

Okay, I was taking a look at some spells and HLAs and there were a bunch of relatively quick fixes I was able to do. So I've uploaded v0.70e with the following changes:

- NPCs who are assigned a kit (Jaheira, Ajantis, Branwen, Quayle, Tiax, Yeslick, Viconia, Aerie, Anomen, Tenya, and Finch) now have their known spells and memorized spells removed, so they just get their sphere spells. Note, this means they might not get the 7 'universal' spells... the most important being Cure Light Wounds. Leveling up should fix that.

- Store should buy all weapons now.

- Shamans should be able to proceed through character generation now.

- Summon Shadow has been added as a 5th-level spell in the sphere of (wait for it) Shadow. This is the Spell Revisions version of the spell, not the IWDEE version. (Demi gave me permission to use this spell a while ago, looks like it's finally being used! :) )

- The "permanent Chant aura" HLA now uses the superior opcode 232 method instead of buggy opcode 272.

- The Summon Ancestral Spirit HLA should work now.

- The Elemental Transformation HLAs should work better now.

- The former "Nature's Wrath" spell that lets you shapeshift into a Shambling Mound has been replaced. I couldn't easily/quickly figure out how @Grammarsalad's version of the spell worked, much less what was wrong with it, so I simply disabled it and added my old version of that shapeshift. After consideration though, especially now that we have Assassin Vines at 6th level, I decided that this spell will be an HLA now. It is, after all, basically a plant-based equivalent of the Elemental Transformation HLAs.

Next up for me:
    1) Figuring out how to deal with multiclass kits for dual-classed characters in the deity dialogue.
    2) Completely revamping druid innate shapeshifting.

Those aren't going to be done anytime soon though - unlike this spells stuff, they are really involved and will take a while.

Lol, I fixed nature's wrath a while ago (though, in b_spells.). I have fixed a lot of spells, but I'm re coding everything from the ground up. It'll take a while

That works, though. It is a powerful spell and so works as a hla.

@subtledoctor, was the special ability of the Priest of Umberlee fixed? Was giving storm shield instead of smashing wave.

EDIT: Is there a reason the Ur Priest cannot use flails (he can use morning stars)?

EDIT 2: Isn't haste being a 2nd level Exploration spell a bit generous? Mages don't get it until 3rd level. Priests can have it at 1/3 the XP of a mage. I would think it should be a 4th level Priest spell.

My Ur Priest is at 3rd level and I don't have hold person for a second level spell.

The priest of Umberlee was a quick and dirty to get a kit for Tenya (sp? Er, that npc mod). I need to go back and redo it.

After spells, I'm going through all acolyte, cleric, champions and zealot kits. I'm especially concerned about zealots and champions. They don't get many spells and so are a bit...homogeneous. I want to keep their unique wrath and smite abilities, but i need to rethink them a bit. I'll also be adding these submissions ( @Zaghoul added to the list.)

This is all going to be a while, though...I'll be releasing the next version of b_spells (which will include all IWD mage spells) before i start putting everything in fnp.
    edited July 2017

Lol, I fixed nature's wrath a while ago (though, in b_spells.). I have fixed a lot of spells, but I'm re coding everything from the ground up.

Hmm, I didn't even realize it was an IWDEE spell!

One issue was, it has the same name as an AoE damage HLA. (I don't know where that HLA comes from... is it vanilla?? It looks like Grease but it Slows and Entangles and causes acid and/or poison damage.)

Btw we might want to buff the Shambling mounds summoned by Stalker. I set them against the two earth elementals summoned by the 6th-level spell, and the Shamblers got their butts whooped. I figure we should:
    - Make them stronger (~24 STR... headcanon is, they're not just big constructs, they actually have the power of the land behind every punch)
    - Make them very (~75%) resistant to crushing/piercing damage, since they are soft and muddy and can absorb those blows. Maybe lesser resistance to slashing damage (~40%).
    - Extremely resistant (~50-100%) to just about every element, except cold damage.
    - Do acid damage with every hit... like 2d10 crushing + extra 2d8 acid damage, save vs. breath for half

Finally, since you are getting into spells: what do you think about standardizing on using ExtraProficiency20 as the proficiency for all spell weapons, like Decastave and Moonblade etc.? (EDIT - also for shapeshift claws.)And give them an equipping effect incrementing the proficiency to whatever level is appropriate... I would suggest giving specialization as base, so that fighter/mages, fighter/clerics and ranger/clerics don't get nerfed when they cast the spell. And then the level of proficiency can scale higher with spell level and/or caster level. (Up to Black Blade of Disaster which gives GM.)

My mods are all using the 4th byte of that stat, so it should be free to be used as a weapon proficiency. (I think.) Proficiencies can go up to 7 pips which means they only use the first 3 bits of the first byte of the stat.
    Nope, that's a custom spell. I'm expanding that mod such that it will be adding a lot of new spells in addition to iwdee spells (et al.)

...and i have no idea where the hla comes from. Well, we know that the shape shift spell is ours, so we can just change the name of that one.

I like those buffs. I think one of the issues is that their entangle on hit doesn't affect huge creatures, and so (I think) wouldn't affect the earth elementals (though, it depends on which game version is being used: only the iwdee version even does that, and only (i think) 5% of the time.

I remember you suggested this before: i now think they should be vulnerable to fire ( resistances are not consistent across games, either...). Also, we should probably have ' lesser' and 'greater' versions as well. Thinking about it, we should maybe stat the various elementals next to each other, and standardize them. Iirc, they are a bit all over the place...(it may be that earth elementals are too strong...).

I am thinking of doing this for all summons, in fact (heh, which will probably lead to some kind of ' creature revisions' project...)

Re ExtraProficiency20, I think that's an excellent idea. I'll set up an effect batch macro to do just that
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    edited July 2017
    nevermind
    Post edited by southfla79 on
  • franco8737franco8737 Member Posts: 52
    edited July 2017
    It seems my FMC only getting 1-2 spells each level, i.e. Cure light wound, slow poison etc. I have to based on the tpa file and add the spells from EE Keeper to my Charname by myself.

And I read some posts before FMC should not be able to choose deity, so being not able to choose deity, would that be the reason for lack of spell?
  • LupusSolusLupusSolus Member Posts: 183

Okay, I was taking a look at some spells and HLAs and there were a bunch of relatively quick fixes I was able to do. So I've uploaded v0.70e with the following changes:

- NPCs who are assigned a kit (Jaheira, Ajantis, Branwen, Quayle, Tiax, Yeslick, Viconia, Aerie, Anomen, Tenya, and Finch) now have their known spells and memorized spells removed, so they just get their sphere spells. Note, this means they might not get the 7 'universal' spells... the most important being Cure Light Wounds. Leveling up should fix that.

- Summon Shadow has been added as a 5th-level spell in the sphere of (wait for it) Shadow. This is the Spell Revisions version of the spell, not the IWDEE version. (Demi gave me permission to use this spell a while ago, looks like it's finally being used! :) )

- The "permanent Chant aura" HLA now uses the superior opcode 232 method instead of buggy opcode 272.

- The former "Nature's Wrath" spell that lets you shapeshift into a Shambling Mound has been replaced. I couldn't easily/quickly figure out how @Grammarsalad's version of the spell worked, much less what was wrong with it, so I simply disabled it and added my old version of that shapeshift. After consideration though, especially now that we have Assassin Vines at 6th level, I decided that this spell will be an HLA now. It is, after all, basically a plant-based equivalent of the Elemental Transformation HLAs.

Next up for me:
    1) Figuring out how to deal with multiclass kits for dual-classed characters in the deity dialogue.

Those aren't going to be done anytime soon though - unlike this spells stuff, they are really involved and will take a while.

Lol, I fixed nature's wrath a while ago (though, in b_spells.). I have fixed a lot of spells, but I'm re coding everything from the ground up. It'll take a while

The priest of Umberlee was a quick and dirty to get a kit for Tenya (sp? Er, that npc mod). I need to go back and redo it.

After spells, I'm going through all acolyte, cleric, champions and zealot kits. I'm especially concerned about zealots and champions. They don't get many spells and so are a bit...homogeneous. I want to keep their unique wrath and smite abilities, but i need to rethink them a bit. I'll also be adding these submissions ( @Zaghoul added to the list.)

This is all going to be a while, though...I'll be releasing the next version of b_spells (which will include all IWD mage spells) before i start putting everything in fnp.
    Hopefully more demihuman acolyte kits in the future?

It seems my FMC only getting 1-2 spells each level, i.e. Cure light wound, slow poison etc. I have to based on the tpa file and add the spells from EE Keeper to my Charname by myself.

And I read some posts before FMC should not be able to choose deity, so being not able to choose deity, would that be the reason for lack of spell?

Yeah, that's the reason why. We're looking into whether it is even possible to add kits to triple class characters...

Next up for me:

Hopefully more demihuman acolyte kits in the future?
    Yup. :)
  • franco8737franco8737 Member Posts: 52
    @Grammarsalad Umm..also about Shaman, I can create it with this version now. But the problem is same as FMC only 1-2 spell and I have to add by using EE Keeper.
    I installed 0.70e on BG2EE. I created an Ur priest and used EEKeeper to level him to 16th level. I find that the Conjure Water Elemental is not present. Also, a 5th level spell is Shadow Step with the ability description and not a spell description.
    Just thought I would mention that the Tenya mod does not auto take Umberlee. I get the select a diety option and I pick Umberlee. Thought I read where it auto happens, but I don't see it.

Just thought I would mention that the Tenya mod does not auto take Umberlee. I get the select a diety option and I pick Umberlee. Thought I read where it auto happens, but I don't see it.

Okay, I'll check when i get a chance. Which install option were you using?
  • ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263
    Got a question. I've been toying with the idea of altering spell progression tables. The primary aim is slowing the progression of divine casters, as I have always disliked the fact that they reach their max spell level fairly early, making the progression from 7th level spells to HLAs fairly dull.

I fear the impacts this might cause however.
    1) Will it work with sphere system ? How will the system react if 5th level spells are gained say at level 10 instead of 9 ? Will it break, or will it simply add the spells sooner than actual spell slots?

2) How will AI NPCs react to these changes? What will happen to 5th level spell slots of level 9 caster, if i move the spell level to level 10? I am using SCS.

Hope someone of you guys know the answers :p
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    *appears in a puff of smoke*

You can just iterate down the mxspl*** table and find the first non-zero entry to determine when a class gets access to a spell level. I think the number of mods that change these levels currently number zero, so I wouldn't worry too hard about it. There are mods, however, that may grant spells beyond vanilla levels (Minsc got a 6th level spell on my last run w/Tweaks' IWD ranger tables component), which would be something you'll need to address.

The engine does not remove spells once granted, so unless you have an active mechanism to remove them you could hand out complete divine spellbooks at level 1. The only reasons not to is that it looks awkward and could cause complications for restricted spells being granted too early, e.g. giving Holy Word early to Player1 and then having him/her fall to evil during the Hell trials.