Skip to content

Story Mode

SvarSvar Member Posts: 157
I'm not sure if anyone else has brought this up at all, but I would really like to see Story Mode added to the Baldur's Gate games. As a disabled gamer, I would like to be able to smoothly play through the games and enjoy the story without the immense stress and frustration I often experience when faced with highly challenging combat.
It also appeals to me as someone who likes to explore every storyline and dialogue. Constantly having to deal with trying to keep everyone alive all the time makes that process rather tedious.

Comments

• VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    edited August 2015
    Svar said:

I'm not sure if anyone else has brought this up at all, but I would really like to see Story Mode added to the Baldur's Gate games. As a disabled gamer, I would like to be able to smoothly play through the games and enjoy the story without the immense stress and frustration I often experience when faced with highly challenging combat.
    It also appeals to me as someone who likes to explore every storyline and dialogue. Constantly having to deal with trying to keep everyone alive all the time makes that process rather tedious.

I believe story mode as well as an increased difficulty setting will be added on the patch for the upcoming new expansion: Siege of Deagonspear.

"- New difficulty modes: story mode (easy combat); "legacy of bhaal" difficulty, similar to heart of fury, for veteran players."

Thank you, @bengoshi , for your wonderful thread of which I was able to draw this information from n_n.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    The requests like this prove that there ARE players that appreciate the Story mode in the IE games.
  • SvarSvar Member Posts: 157
    Vallmyr said:

I believe story mode as well as an increased difficulty setting will be added on the patch for the upcoming new expansion: Siege of Deagonspear.

"- New difficulty modes: story mode (easy combat); "legacy of bhaal" difficulty, similar to heart of fury, for veteran players."

I was aware that it'll be in SoD (thank you Beamdog), but I'd like to see it in BG1 and BG2 as well.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Svar said:

Vallmyr said:

I was aware that it'll be in SoD (thank you Beamdog), but I'd like to see it in BG1 and BG2 as well.
    I suppose I was attempting to say it seemed that it would be implemented in BG:EE and BG2:EE on the SoD patch. I'm not sure if I can confirm that one but that's what I think is happening.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I don't mind using story mode for IWD when I really just want to get through a particular part. There are several parts of BG that could also use this, IMO. However, I would like to make one little suggestion: make an option to remove the 25 Strength portion of story mode. I don't mind being invulnerable for areas that I just want to get through, but having 25 Strength on top of that just seems to be too much for me. I know that there are players who may want that kept, so just a button to toggle it on and off would be great for those like me who feel a little irked by it.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I could be mistaken, but I believe the 25 Strength bit is intended to be a viable substitute for a thief's Open Lock skill.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I suppose so, but being able to toggle it on and off would still be great. I feel a little weird when my level 1 mage chunks an enemy with a normal quarterstaff. :sweat_smile: