Skip to content

[MOD] -NPC_EE- ... Non-Player Characters Enhanced, for Everyone!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited March 2017 in General Modding
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on
ArdulJuliusBorisovbob_vengDexterthelovebatbpmayerGrammarsaladelminsterwolpakronaldo[Deleted User]DawgliciouslolienWithinAmnesiaSkatanGodKaiserHellVirelaiT2avAbelmodestvoltaAllerozUnperson01HydrogendockaboomskiThrasymachusCaradocCrevsDaakSmilingSwordAndreaColomboGusindaZaghoulAezurosSharsekRAM021joshua15502StummvonBordwehrIsewein

Comments

• DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    remember that wisdom is only possessed by the learned, keep it up!
    JuliusBorisovFeilhävenlolienjackjack
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovlolienjackjack
  • bpmayerbpmayer Member Posts: 4
    I think a kit that could be added to Safana would be the corsair.
    Brer_Rabbitlolien
  • YanDCYanDC Member Posts: 6
    A nice addition, it gives options to npcs considered "useless", like Xan, Faldorn and Cernd.

But some options seems odd, given the character - eg. Skie, the spoiled and naive girl, an assassin? Adventurer, or burglar, would fit better. And some others might lead to strange ingame dialogs (like Yoshimo and Nalia discussing her trapfinding skills, during the D'Arnise keep quest)
    Brer_Rabbit
  • Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
    edited September 2015
    Does this modify .tlks? I'm not clear on what scripts those actually are, but it determines whether or not I can pop this into Android...
    Brer_Rabbit
    I have no idea why the .tlk files are constantly getting overwritten by a check system in place (I believe someone did use PC .tlk files, but as soon as the mobile version booted it started installing its default version). Something about a Google policy or other craziness. Too little really known on that subject.

Looks like I'll just stare longingly at this one. Dammit.
  • lionwarriorkinglionwarriorking Member Posts: 28

Ah - it's like the Beamdog BGEE launcher, it detects altered files to make sure there's no malware. That's a good thing, especially on a phone... shame, though, they don't give you a notification and let you carve out an exception for it. (With BGEE you can just say "it's okay, launch the game with the altered files.")

Cant seem to get it going on ipad either. Its made to be very difficult and it seems that the I funbox situation keeps changing, its not very clear if I need itunes or not.
    Brer_Rabbit
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2015
    Brer_RabbitYanDC

Skie is a bit problematic here - lore-wise, she really best fits the unkitted thief class. But we want options, right? So any kit she does have, must be a deep secret kept from her family, associates, even Eldoth. Given that, it might as well be a really dark secret, right? The daft little rich girl, who is secretly a trained assassin? Or who dabbles in shadow magic?

As for Nalia, I specifically chose kits and classes that have access to the Find Traps skill or spell. One way or another she can Find Traps and Open Locks / Knock.

I suppose I should add multiclass mage/thief and cleric/thief options for her though...

Putting this way, it could be new material for a mod. Just imagine Skie scaring Tiax and Xzar ... Shadow magic is exotic, but hey, money is not a problem for skie. Shadow Dancer is a more viable option because it does not lose much in thief skills.

It is a pitty that the game does not allow bards to multi or dual. A thief/bard, dual or multi, would fit the bill for Nalia (high education and demeanor), as the only (not so) bard is Haer'Dalis. Cleric/thief is a good option, as Nalia will no longer be just a clone of Imoen, and can be used in lieu of Anomen, Aerie or Jan Jansen.
    JuliusBorisovBrer_Rabbit
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    YanDC said:

Cleric/thief is a good option, as Nalia will no longer be just a clone of Imoen, and can be used in lieu of Anomen, Aerie or Jan Jansen.

Not to mention it allows her to use her ancestral weapon the Flail of Ages.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]YanDC
  • PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55

YanDC said:

Cleric/thief is a good option, as Nalia will no longer be just a clone of Imoen, and can be used in lieu of Anomen, Aerie or Jan Jansen.

You had my curiosity. But now you have my attention.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2015
    With that incessant "Iwannahelpthepoor" litany? I'd say Ilmater. Tymora is also a good choice for a cleric/thief.

Too bad you can't flailstab. Coupled with Righteous Magic, it would hurt a lot.
    YanDC
    Labeling this as a mod I'm testing with the Android modding tutorial... may ask stupid questions in here later!
  • There are a few banters where Nalia references arcane magical ability. I think in ToB she has at least one where she specifically calls herself an "archmage." Still, it's the sort of thing one can easily gloss over for the sake of having a Cleric/Thief NPC.
    Kaigen said:

There are a few banters where Nalia references arcane magical ability. I think in ToB she has at least one where she specifically calls herself an "archmage." Still, it's the sort of thing one can easily gloss over for the sake of having a Cleric/Thief NPC.

Nalia... or Imoen? Maybe I missed this one; I only brought Nalia with me past the keep quest once, since I'll get Imoen back (Nalia is Imoen's kage bunshin).

In fact, I can think of one instance in ToB where original classes, with no exception, are cited.

When Volo describes each of the companions, in Saradush.

But maybe in can be considered a lesser detail, given that some NPC mods overlooked it, and are not cited in your epic saga.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    edited September 2015
    She does do this actually, pretty sure she mentions it if you fate spirit recruit her in a new tob game when she joins aIso.
    YanDC
    @subtledoctor

So I have this mod installed. If I want to try out your priest and mage kits, I install them and then reinstall this again?