Skip to content

Herding Cats, missing one.

I am about to rage quit this play through.

For 3 days I have been wandering around the wild magical forest looking for the last cat that does not want to appear. I even set up a search grid on the map, moving each character the exact length as to have the least amount of fog of war covered as possible. And I still can't find the last cat.

Did it get eaten by a bear? I donno.
Did it get exploded by a trap? I donno.
Did it polymorph into a squirrel? I donno.
Do I attempt to convince the crazy cat gnome that this adorable bunny is indeed a cat? I donno.

But I want to get this damnable thing so I can move on and am willing to stoop to consoling the last cat in to do it.
I rage quit my first play through here too, but I would like to just get past this stupid quest to move on.

So if anyone can help me get this last feline, I would be very grateful.

Comments

• YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aohK5OTGfwQ&index=48&list=PLzw_r3FRBpcMejn_maOZjBKo51RkDue_3

I always refer Eltimar's let's play-videos when I have a problem like this. Use at your own discretion.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    The only cat I've missed everytime so far was always directly east of the map entrance (where you met Neera). The view is blocked by trees and stones, so it's easy to miss that particular cat.

Or if you don't mind cheating, you can find the cats at the following coordinates (press X to display your current position on the map):
    Cat #1: x=4290, y=1465
    Cat #2: x=4215, y=3465
    Cat #3: x=2350, y=3730
    Cat #4: x=225, y=2575
    Cat #5: x=1095, y=1315
    Cat #6: x=2380, y=2830
    Cat #7: x=2815, y=1000
    Cat #8: x=3380, y=2130

• DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    the cats have a 5% chance of coming free as you move around. So you may have lost one. Check where you've already gone.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    So I rechecked the entire map and all the coordinates and the cat just ain't there. I do think he got singed when I accidentally set off the fireball trap.

I tried grabbing a cat from the slums, but it just ate the food and ran away. Stupid thing. So last resort:

So I cheated and EE keepered one in... well I EE keepered ten in. So there are now 17 stray cats frolicking in the camp. Works though, quest complete :)

But it got me thinking. It would be hilarious to see 960 cats (10 cats to 16 inventory spaces, 6 Characters) running towards the camp and crowding the place up. They won't know what hit them, and would probably blame wild magic for it.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Do it. :neutral:
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Nimran said:

Do it. :neutral:

Check the meme thread