Skip to content

Greetings and Salutations (Well Met Indeed!)

I have been a fan of this forum since it's inception. I used to peruse the various threads and discussions before I was ever a member. I always was interested in the way other players approached the Baldur's Gate Saga and always found a certain amount of joy in the shared geekiness of this forum. After so many years in the shadows, I thought I'd introduce myself and give everyone a "Well Met!"

In real life I am a middle-aged IT/Networking Professional. I have played PnP Dungeons and Dragons since I was a Kid in the 70s. In particular I am a fan of 2nd Edition D&D. I have played the Baldur's Gate Saga since it's release and I am a big fan. The infinity engine always reminded me of miniatures in a tabletop game, so I love turning off the character AI scripts and moving my virtual D&D miniatures around the desktop. It just seems like D&D to me!

I am really excited about the prospect of a new Baldur's Gate chapter and hope to participate more in these forums with you, my fellow spawns of murder.

I'll see you in future discussions and in closing...

Well Met Indeed!

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Well met and welcome Skarose! It's nice to have you here!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hello and welcome! Lurking in shadows enjoying the geekiness of this forum is good, but participating is even better!

I hope it will be a good adventure for you!
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Have a good time around here. The more, the merrier!
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Be sure to watch your step, lest you step on one of my darling ferrets. They don't much like being stepped on, and will eat their way through your foot to escape.
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    edited September 2015
    @Nimran The Great Ferret took time away from his gnawing at the roots of Yggdrasil to grant me his blessings. There were chitters and squeaks of joy all around, even the wise old sage Boo joined in the celebration!

"Welcome to the forums!"
    "Squeal like a ferret!"
    :blush:
    Post edited by Skarose on
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Well met fellow IT professional :)
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Ho, there wanderer and thanks for staying a little bit to indulge an old man.

*actually @elminster should be saying this, but hey, Son's can be old too!
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Come on in! My Inn's as clean as an Elvens arse!
  • Ave, Skarose! It appears we share a mutual interest in AD&D2E. I look forward to seeing you in future discussions as well. Vale!