Skip to content

Final Party layout and "importing" save game question!

Hello hello, it's been a plenty long time since I last been here!

So I got drawn back into Baldur's Gate (understatement of the year) and was wondering what exactly happens to my party once I beat the final fight against Sarevok. Do I get to quit, re-enter from another screen, import save game, or does it automatically continue, similarly to the transition between Shadows of Amn into Throne of Bhaal?

If it's the latter... then what about Imoen? I kinda would like to stick with her, and noticed her hood in the announcement, which begs two questions :

1) Do I make her mage, does she make herself mage, does she magic only in Baldur's Gate 2? And let's not forget - THE SCAR.

2) If she can into hoodies, can I into hoodie? I'm a sucker for fashion and I'd pay extra moneys for it - keep the answer to this serious, I don't want to hear any of that "Dual class into mage/thief" sort of dealios!

Now then, back to buttering those gibberling rumps for the roasting. There's just so much demand for it and I cannot satisfy all of my ogrillon customers.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    First of all, welcome back, @Cheesebelly ! I haven't expected to see the man, whose wonderful posts from 2012 I often read here and there in old threads, back to the forum!

This is the effect of SoD;) And I always say that the announcement created waves!

You can read all revealed facts about SoD here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/40963/baldurs-gate-siege-of-dragonspear-previously-known-as-the-adventure-y-project#latest

The transition from BGEE to SoD will be SoA-ToB-like.

Your full party who defeated Sarevok can be imported to SoD. Althouth it remains to be seen what will happen with them next (and it's connected to the SoD plot).

Bioware kept notes on what happened after BG1 and why the characters ended up where they appear at the start of BG2. Beamdog got those notes, so many things will be explained. According to Chris Avellone (the video interview), changes in NPCs will be explained. I think it's about Imoen in the first place.

As for the avatars, you can always use the EE-Keeper to change them.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Phooh, that was some catching up I had to do there! Thanks for your warm welcome and the link, it helped a bunch!

I wonder if the transition will help us keep the abilities we picked for party members between games. I do quite enjoy my trap-setting Imoen and my offhand Defender of Easthaven, Hardiness and Armor of Faith Minsc.

Fun times will be had, and the train for the Dragonspear hype has been boarded! I can't wait and neither can my STASH OF CHEESE! ON TO GLORY!