Skip to content

After the Tomb of Horrors...

LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
I have three possible choices for a module after the Tomb of Horrors is finished (I expect to finish that this weekend), B1 Into the Unknown- Wherein you explore the long-lost stronghold of the famous Adventurers Zelligar and Roghan, lost for 250 years. Second is U1- The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh, wherein you explore a possibly haunted mansion on the coast. Third is FRQ1- The Haunted Halls of Eveningstar. This is a huge place, picked over by other adventurers, but with many secrets yet to plumb. All are for characters level 1-3. Your choice?
  1. After the Tomb of Horrors...35 votes
    1. Into the Unknown
      25.71%
    2. The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh
      45.71%
    3. The Haunted Halls of Eveningstar
      28.57%

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I like the sound of Into the Unknown - just because of the title really. But all of them sound like fun.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Everyone wanted to do a low-level adventure that isn't out to spank the party hard. A lot of the other modules I have are very combat-intensive (B2, Keep on the Borderlands, is like 75-85% combat, and that's not fun in this kind of format, because I have to do all the rolling, so you sit around and twiddle your thumbs while I do it. They are all good, and while they have some combat, there's also as much emphasis on exploring in these modules.
    I love the idea of starting on first level and getting to level up. It's been years since I did that (except in BG of course). I love the thrill of rolling the D6 to find out what my new hits will be. And inevitably getting another 1 ...
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Saltmarsh is the only one I know, so do that one!
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Will this too be with Baldur's Gate characters?
    Drugar said:

Will this too be with Baldur's Gate characters?

I hope so. Because then we know how each other's characters look, sound and are likely to behave. Also, I think we have to keep a link to BG if we are going to play here.
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    Why not "Against the Giants"? ;)
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Are you serious? We are allmost done with Tomb of Horrors?! We aren't all dead yet...

All of these adventures sound interesting, and starting at lvl one sounds intriguing as well.
    Delvarian said:

Are you serious? We are allmost done with Tomb of Horrors?! We aren't all dead yet...

All of these adventures sound interesting, and starting at lvl one sounds intriguing as well.

I'm guessing we are dead. We just don't know it yet ...

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I was dead a long time running in TOH! Want to do this one with you, whichever you pick :D
  • FaranorFaranor Member Posts: 10
    "I have three possible choices for a module after the Tomb of Horrors is finished (I expect to finish that this weekend)"
    can somebody explain what's going on here?
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    i like the thought of the haunted house, but sadly i won't be able to play due to schedule conflicts. i have 300+ posts to catch up on ToH, make a few comments (assuming i'm still alive).
    Into the Unknown is old Skool. So old skool, there are no set monsters or treasures for most of the various rooms. The DM is encouraged to use two lists in the back of the module to remake it every time it's played. And it doesn't get any more old skool than that! :D

The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh is a module that was written by someone in the United Kingdom, it's a little grittier than most 1e AD&D modules because of that, I think. It's the first in a series, but it's got plenty of atmosphere.

And the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar is actually set in the Realms, and has an interesting layout, and lots of interesting stuff to find.
    Bjjorick said:

i like the thought of the haunted house, but sadly i won't be able to play due to schedule conflicts. i have 300+ posts to catch up on ToH, make a few comments (assuming i'm still alive).

Who were you playing?
    @Faranor This is a continuation of "The Roleplaying Challenge: Tomb of Horrors" thread. The players there are being polled to see what module they want to experience next. You can read the other thread, but it's something over 140 pages, but it tells of an adventure.

And yes, this would still be with the Baldur's Gate NPCs.
    @Delvarian He was Aerie.
    LadyRhian said:

Into the Unknown is old Skool. So old skool, there are no set monsters or treasures for most of the various rooms. The DM is encouraged to use two lists in the back of the module to remake it every time it's played. And it doesn't get any more old skool than that! :D

The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh is a module that was written by someone in the United Kingdom, it's a little grittier than most 1e AD&D modules because of that, I think. It's the first in a series, but it's got plenty of atmosphere.

And the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar is actually set in the Realms, and has an interesting layout, and lots of interesting stuff to find.

Now I've heard the descriptions I think I will change my vote to The Haunted Halls of Eveningstar. I like the sound of lots of interesting stuff to find.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    edited September 2012
    Yayyy!! I´m in. Whatever adventure gets picked it´s fine for me :D
    I was dead a long time running in TOH! Want to do this one with you, whichever you pick :D
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    Delvarian said:

Bjjorick said:

Who were you playing?
    ouch. i was roleplaying aerie, but not very well if i'm so easily forgotten. :)
  • rodneyandsteptoerodneyandsteptoe Member Posts: 99
    LadyRhian said:

@Faranor This is a continuation of "The Roleplaying Challenge: Tomb of Horrors" thread. The players there are being polled to see what module they want to experience next. You can read the other thread, but it's something over 140 pages, but it tells of an adventure.

Apologies @LadyRhian, I voted as I didn't realise this poll was for the current players...
    @Bjjorick - it would help if your avatar gave us a clue. I mean, really... Of course, I'm an awful person and like the full version. Therefore, I am a true geek.
    Bjjorick said:

Delvarian said:

Bjjorick said:

Who were you playing?
    ouch. i was roleplaying aerie, but not very well if i'm so easily forgotten. :)
    It's not you it's me. Seriously though, I'm a visual person, so I remember everyone as their pic. You changed yours and through me off. In truth I can't think of anyone in the TOH thread that didn't do an amazing job on the RP you included.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    I was too late to join the Tomb of Horrors game (damn poorly timed holidays), but I would love to play someone in the new adventure, whichever it is. Are there still openings?
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    I´ll give my spot to someone new (if I have one, haha) and go to the queue, no problem. I realize people wont die as fast as in the ToH, or wont die at all, but it´s okay.
    I had a super short visit in TOH. Bad missed saving throw and Xan was dooooomed. And nobody loves Garrick, so...
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I am kind of torn between salt marsh and eveningstar.

LadyRhian said:

Apologies @LadyRhian, I voted as I didn't realise this poll was for the current players...
    I think the vote is open to anyone who is interested not just current players. It's an open game and everyone is very welcome to comment or join in.
    Communard said:

I was too late to join the Tomb of Horrors game (damn poorly timed holidays), but I would love to play someone in the new adventure, whichever it is. Are there still openings?

If you want to join the party it's probably best to send a personal message to LadyRhian, that way she is sure to see your post. I'm not sure how many people are waiting to join but gaps turn up all the time. And I think a few of us are likely to get killed off in the last rooms of Tomb of Horrors this weekend.
  • CharlytanCharlytan Member Posts: 27

I had a super short visit in TOH. Bad missed saving throw and Xan was dooooomed. And nobody loves Garrick, so...

Aww, lol, that's not true at all.... Kinda. I really did enjoy the odd scene intermissions of ‘Garrick’s Updates in a Tavern’ in the beginning. o.O’

lol, I’ve been reading the ToH thread since LadyRhian suggested/started it. Hehe, I would have loved to join the fun, but I’m far too shy about these things. >.<

Piffles... T.T I’m a little sad that ToH is ending, but I can’t wait to read the next campaign’s adventurous story. XD