Skip to content

Challenge Prompts, A New Idea?

sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
edited October 2015 in Challenges and Playthroughs
Has anyone ever attempted to do a 'Challenge Prompt' thread?

A challenge prompt is when one user challenges another user to try a run through the game using certain criteria. The challenger can stipulate any number of things from stat-roll limitations to race/class to the non-use of certain items or weapons, or party compositions/play-styles. There is no limit on imagination.

Depending on how game people are it can either be done by sign-up (only users who sign up may be challenged) or by quoting names in posts and hoping the challenged user is brave enough to answer the call.

The challenges can be entirely free-form or limited to 3-5 explicit conditions of play.

Just thought it might make things interesting. This ever been done before?

I'll be the first to submit myself to the whims of another, should anyone wish to design a challenge and start things off.

But for now just putting it out there, as I'm sure some of the more experienced players will know of pitfalls and possible problems with such a format.

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Here's my challenge:

*It is a playthrough of Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal only.
    *Play on Insane mode.
    *The protagonist must be a kensai and must start Shadows of Amn at level 40.
    *The protagonist should have 5 proficiency points in two-handed swords and 2 in two-handed weapon style.
    *The protagonist should have 25 Strength, 1 Dexterity and 1 Constitution (the other three stats can be as high or low as you want).
    *The protagonist should have as little HP as possible. Set his/her max HP to 40 if you a way of doing so.
    *The protagonist should start the game with the Cursed Berserking Sword equipped (if you are able to use EEKeeper, the console or some other thing like that to give him/her it after Irenicus strips him/her of his/her possessions, do so, otherwise get it immediately after leaving Irenicus's dungeon).
    *No one is allowed to cast Remove Curse on the protagonist or do anything else to get rid of the sword (one exception: if you are FORCED to fight someone who can't be hit except by +4 weapons and above, such as the Ravager, you may have the protagonist unequip the sword and wield something else, then reequip the sword after the fight).
    *If a party member is killed, petrified or imprisoned, it's game over.
    *If you lose reputation due to killing someone, it's game over (it's okay to lose reputation through other means).
    *You aren't allowed to make the protagonist immune to the berserk effect.
    *You must beat the game. Good luck and have fun!
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    That doesn't sound like much fun.