Skip to content

A new screenshot approaches!

Comments

• g314g314 Member Posts: 201
    Why is Imoen unhooded? =(

The overall UI style is great, but portraits are too close to each other, IMHO. Other than that, it's a fresh take from both BG1 and BG2 styles. It just needs some polish (clock, etc.).
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Rhulqdahr said:

- the dialogue window is a bit smaller than the original when minimized, now we can't even see two full lines of text but one and about two thirds of the second one.

I don't think its the dialogue box that's smaller, but rather the font is larger.
  • RhulqdahrRhulqdahr Member Posts: 28
    Tanthalas said:

Rhulqdahr said:

- the dialogue window is a bit smaller than the original when minimized, now we can't even see two full lines of text but one and about two thirds of the second one.

I don't think its the dialogue box that's smaller, but rather the font is larger.
    That may be the case, probably that's also why I thought it's some different font. My mistake.
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    If I can complain a little. When I saw it for the first time it looked somehow strange. Portraits look something like a little "naked" (or in other words like photos on the cork board or something like that). And also I'm more worried that it will look worse when there will be less NPCs (& less portraits). I would make there a one of those shiny horizontal lines to go up to the under the bottommost portrait (if there is less than 6 portraits).

But you know it's only my personal opinion. And also maybe in game maybe it will look different and better.
    @Jaxsbudgie

Its ok to complain as long as its done in a civil manner. Some of the stuff you don't like is unlikely to be changed, but I personally hope to see better weapon selection in the future if Overhaul can manage it.

@Rhulqdahr

It actually is a new font. It had to be changed because the original one didn't support all characters for the new languages.
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    @Jaxsbudgie
    As long as you aren't hurling insults and being rude about it.....you aren't a troll just for stating your preferences. So you pass the Not-A-Troll test ;)
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    edited September 2012
    The interface looks better.....but unfinished.

The portraits along the right really need borders around them, how else will they be highlighted? a 1pixel line????
    @Space_hamster

I'm not sure if its a 1 pixel line but Neera is highlighted in the screenshot.
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    @g314 Imoen is unhooded because the game unfortunately uses the BG2 sprites / animations, not the original ones.
    edited September 2012
    Koson said:

@g314 Imoen is unhooded because the game unfortunately uses the BG2 sprites / animations, not the original ones.

Yes I know, but don't thieves get hooded sprites as soon as they wear level 2 armor and up in BG2? She looks like she's equipped with a Shadow Armor.

Level 2 armor?? What is level 2 armor?
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Looks good! I like the new, sleeker look.
    More quick slots for spells/weapons would be great, eventually though.

More important question;
    I see Xzar. Where is Montaron?

Level 1 Armor = no armor equipped
    Level 2 Armor = Leather Armor / Resistance Robe
    Level 3 Armor = Chainmail Armor / Cloaked Robe
    Level 4 Armor = Full Plate / Robe of Archmagi

You can use cheats with CLUACONSOLE:EnableCheatKeys() in BG2, then press CTRL+1 to display armor levels.

• RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    I like it. And about the portraits, I think the new and the old blend quite nicely, no need to change anything there. The UI is my main problem, in the Ipad it looks lively and ok but maybe for PC something like: http://www.g4g.it/g4g/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/baldurs_gate_hd_widescreen_patch_01.jpg would be more satisfying to play with.
    @g314

Imoen is unhooded because its a work in progress thing.
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    @Razor Yep, what you linked looks good, is not so flashy. And again, the argument against will be that we get back to the originals. Also, the dialogue box is waay better implemented there.
    The new GUI looks good indeed on an Ipad but for PC still needs improvements as far as I'm concerned.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Me wanna see zoom! I can see zoomie icon! Bottom right! Zoom Zoom Zoom!
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    It looks great to me? But then again I'm into play-a-bility not retro art GUI thingybobby jiggy things... Who notices that when your plugging Drizzt?
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    On PC zooming is controlled via the mousewheel.
    @Tanthalas

I know you can't reveal much about your beta experience because of NDA, but did the devs say anything about hooded unarmored thieves? OK, it's a minor detail, but I'm just curious.
    Its being worked on but I can't guarantee anything.
    g314 said:

Level 1 Armor = no armor equipped
    Level 2 Armor = Leather Armor / Resistance Robe
    Level 3 Armor = Chainmail Armor / Cloaked Robe
    Level 4 Armor = Full Plate / Robe of Archmagi

You can use cheats with CLUACONSOLE:EnableCheatKeys() in BG2, then press CTRL+1 to display armor levels.

ahh was not thinking of the cheat console :) Thanks.
    Can I have a Pipboy in the game? Ok just a random gratuitous non sequitur there :D
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Everyone, please keep in mind the GUI is currently work in process, and many features will be added via post-ship updates.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    I can deal with patches, I love patches, just upload it to the App store! =)
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    Bercon said:

Tanthalas said:

@Bercon

The pipe on the right side being modified is something that is very likely to happen, I don't think the battle log box change is likely to happen.

Making the battle log box full screen wide like the widescreen mod does would also be an improvement over the one displayed in the screenshot in my opinion. Like so http://www.g4g.it/g4g/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/baldurs_gate_hd_widescreen_patch_01.jpg
    No!

It makes the text really hard to read on large monitors. There's a reason larger books have 2 columns per page.