Skip to content

[obsolete] Big World Setup (BWS): Mod Manager for Baldur's Gate / Enhanced Edition (Trilogy)

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853
    @PaulaMigrate Just BGEE/SoD

The file that I used was dsotscv101b.zip
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201

It looks like BWS has not been updated to this as it looks for dsotscBGEE.rar instead.
    There should be no problem to install that mod manually, if you want also Northern Tales, then Dark Side should be installed prior to Northern Tales.
    edited December 2017

It looks like BWS has not been updated to this as it looks for dsotscBGEE.rar instead.
    There should be no problem to install that mod manually, if you want also Northern Tales, then Dark Side should be installed prior to Northern Tales.
    Thank you for the advice. :) I will be doing a fresh installation anyway as the installation that I have just done is not working as I desire. I will have to ask around in a number of fora to get it just how I want it. I will then keep a copy of it somewhere safe. :)
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    I had that problem a few weeks ago and installed it manually. Seems fine so far...

I haven't tried Northern Tales though I would like to.

1) Is it compatible with SoD?
    2) Would that have to be installed manually too prior to BWS? I didn't see it in the BWS menu.
    3) If it is compatible, where would I find it?
    edited December 2017

I haven't tried Northern Tales though I would like to.

1) Is it compatible with SoD?
    2) Would that have to be installed manually too prior to BWS? I didn't see it in the BWS menu.
    3) If it is compatible, where would I find it?
    Ah, it's a bit complex for non-EET still.
    A recent beta version for BGEE (with or without SoD) has just been published http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59505-ntotsc-v20-for-eet-and-bgt-and-bgee-download/.
    The author still wants more testing it before it's to be included in BWS, so no support here at the moment.
    Well-tested versions for Dark Side and Northern Tales exist for EET and are supported by BWS. The BGEE only versions are to be handled with care, I can't provide details since I don't play the BGEE stand-alone.

What I would do to install the mods would be this
    1. Start BWS and do the mod selection (leave out those two mods)
    2. For the BGQE mod or Drizzt Saga (depends on what you include) select *pause before install* option (right click on the mod in the selection window of BWS)
    3. Let BWS start its install - it will pause at the selected point
    4. manually install Dark Side
    5. manually install Northern Tales
    6. resume BWS and let it finish
    @PaulaMigrate Thanks for the advice. I will see how it works and report back as to whether there are any problems for the benefit of others.
    @PaulaMigrate I presume that I should also run modmerge mnually before installing DSoSC?

@PaulaMigrate I presume that I should also run modmerge mnually before installing DSoSC?

In case you have the BGEE+SoD from Steam or Gog you need modmerge before you start BWS or install ANY mod. If you have the beamdog version, there is no need.
    PaulaMigrate said: Wise_Grimwald said:@PaulaMigrate I presume that I should also run modmerge mnually before installing DSoSC?

In case you have the BGEE+SoD from Steam or Gog you need modmerge before you start BWS or install ANY mod. If you have the beamdog version, there is no need.

I thought so. Thanks. Well at least DSoSC and all my mods has installed.

In the Faith and Powers mod I had to skip several kits, but don't know why. Apparently there was a file that they were dependant upon. I'm wondering if it is because I didn't install the sphere system.

If anybody knows the answer I would be grateful for it.

I won't be doing another fresh installation as I did three to get this far. :( However it would be useful information for my next installation.

Having done three installations in quick succession I am a bit more profficient in using BWS. :)
    edited December 2017

I thought so. Thanks. Well at least DSoSC and all my mods has installed.

In the Faith and Powers mod I had to skip several kits, but don't know why. Apparently there was a file that they were dependant upon. I'm wondering if it is because I didn't install the sphere system.

If anybody knows the answer I would be grateful for it.

I won't be doing another fresh installation as I did three to get this far. :( However it would be useful information for my next installation.

Having done three installations in quick succession I am a bit more profficient in using BWS. :)

Faith and Powers mod has a very active support forum around here. You will get any help there quickly.
    Thanks
  • steakhutzeeesteakhutzeee Member Posts: 16
    Evening :) I'm trying to use BWS, but i'm occurring in errors, here they are:

Here is if i open 'Start BiG World Setup - Update If Needed'.

https://postimg.org/image/52f5cfq0b/

This is if i open 'Start BiG World Setup - Without Update'.

https://postimg.org/image/5rxxot5zf/

You know why this is happening? Thanks!

Evening :) I'm trying to use BWS, but i'm occurring in errors, here they are:

Here is if i open 'Start BiG World Setup - Update If Needed'.

https://postimg.org/image/52f5cfq0b/

This is if i open 'Start BiG World Setup - Without Update'.

https://postimg.org/image/5rxxot5zf/

You know why this is happening? Thanks!

Did you read and follow the instructions how to use BWS in the first post?
  • steakhutzeeesteakhutzeee Member Posts: 16

Did you read and follow the instructions how to use BWS in the first post?

Yes, every step.

• majbermajber Member Posts: 53
    Why I shouldn't install this in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\..???
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    majber said:

Why I shouldn't install this in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\..???

1. Because Windows has extra protections on the Program Files folder, so some mods might not install properly.
    2. If you copy your installation elsewhere and mod the copy, you always have a baseline to come back to, and Steam updates won't overwrite your mods.
    But to notice if mods are installed properly or not in Program Files there will be some errors during instalation? Becouse I want try to install it in Program Files becouse I have ssd there.
    majber said:

But to notice if mods are installed properly or not in Program Files there will be some errors during instalation? Becouse I want try to install it in Program Files becouse I have ssd there.

You can try and you will get error logs if there are errors.
    You can always check a file named weidu.log with any text editor and it will tell you which mods are correctly installed, if any.
    edited January 2018
    Hmm odd thing. I have installed what I want (mostly remmmended) but I dont have any extra kits. For example I pick Arcane Archer kit and in debug I have
    "D:\Gry\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>Arcane Archer (Arcane Archer) was installed successfully."

But I dont have that kit ingame. Any thoughts about why?/what happen? ( I dont have any errors during instalation)
    Here is my full debug file: http://www83.zippyshare.com/v/pCvN461i/file.html
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    majber said:

You have an SSD inside a folder? Lol. Come on man, choose another folder in that same exact drive ;)
    C:\EET or D:\EET or whatever drive letter your SSD has.
    Hello, I've been having some problems with my installation during my current no-reload run. I had some similar problems when I was doing my last run, so I'm assuming that a mod in the BiG World project may be responsible. In my previous installation Chief Dig-Dag from Firkraag's lair would sometimes randomly spawn, but it was just an occasional thing. In my current game Captain Haegan seems to regularly turn up until I CTRL+Y him. This would be ignorable but I visit mod areas the game seems to be crashing continously at the moment. I suspect this is because the game is trying to spawn Haegan again but can't... but I've never been any use with messing about with Near Infinity or the like so I can't be sure if that is the correct diagnosis. Weidu log is too long to just paste in a spoiler here unfortunately.
    Mantis37 said:

Hello, I've been having some problems with my installation during my current no-reload run. I had some similar problems when I was doing my last run, so I'm assuming that a mod in the BiG World project may be responsible. In my previous installation Chief Dig-Dag from Firkraag's lair would sometimes randomly spawn, but it was just an occasional thing. In my current game Captain Haegan seems to regularly turn up until I CTRL+Y him. This would be ignorable but I visit mod areas the game seems to be crashing continously at the moment. I suspect this is because the game is trying to spawn Haegan again but can't... but I've never been any use with messing about with Near Infinity or the like so I can't be sure if that is the correct diagnosis. Weidu log is too long to just paste in a spoiler here unfortunately.

The mysterious random-creature-stalking-you effect isn't a BWS or mod issue but a vanilla bug. Maybe they fixed it with the 2.5, I don't know. It's some creature somehow caught in transition between areas.
    If you post a savegame, someone can have a look.
    OK thanks for the info, I'll do that tomorrow.
  • pacodawgpacodawg Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2018
    Apparently, there's a new version of aTweaks, and BWS was surprised: it said something about the version being 4.52 but it only new about 4.51 and asked if i'd like to patch anyway, but that it may not work. i hit " Y " for yes.
    Confused because i didn't get this message when i installed it two days ago, and i didn't see any commits on bitbucket. i guess aTweaks updated without telling BWS?
    Anyway, is this OK?

Edit: File "atweaks/setup-atweaks.tp2" contains 'VERSION ~v4.52~' instead of expected 'VERSION ~v4.51~'! This is the file targeted for patching in "SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2.PATCH" in "Big World Fixpack/atweaks". This might mean that the patches for this mod were made for a different version of the mod than the one that you are using, or this might mean that the mod was already patched and then removed from the list in the "BWP_Fixpack.installed" file without restoring the original pre-patched files.

was the error message (i said yes to it), and then:

patching file atweaks/setup-atweaks.tp2
    Using Plan A...
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 8.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file atweaks/setup-atweaks.tp2.rej
    done

Post edited by pacodawg on
    pacodawg said:

Apparently, there's a new version of aTweaks, and BWS was surprised: it said something about the version being 4.52 but it only new about 4.51 and asked if i'd like to patch anyway, but that it may not work. i hit " Y " for yes.
    Confused because i didn't get this message when i installed it two days ago, and i didn't see any commits on bitbucket. i guess aTweaks updated without telling BWS?
    Anyway, is this OK?

Edit: File "atweaks/setup-atweaks.tp2" contains 'VERSION ~v4.52~' instead of expected 'VERSION ~v4.51~'! This is the file targeted for patching in "SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2.PATCH" in "Big World Fixpack/atweaks". This might mean that the patches for this mod were made for a different version of the mod than the one that you are using, or this might mean that the mod was already patched and then removed from the list in the "BWP_Fixpack.installed" file without restoring the original pre-patched files.

was the error message (i said yes to it), and then:

patching file atweaks/setup-atweaks.tp2
    Using Plan A...
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 8.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file atweaks/setup-atweaks.tp2.rej
    done

New 4.52 was released just hiurs ago - you're right probably that nobody told BWS about it. Furthermore the modder did not indicate if the new version still requires fixpack or not.

You may want to report this issue here http://www.shsforums.net/forum/598-atweaks/
    OK, if anyone is willing to help pin down the Haegan spawning issue then please take a look at this save file for me.
    Mantis37 said:

OK, if anyone is willing to help pin down the Haegan spawning issue then please take a look at this save file for me.

Just a question - do you see Suna Seni spawning to come up and talk to Valygar?
    This is what happens when I load your save. Maybe this is what does not work in your install.
    Thanks for taking a look. No, I skipped that component of Unfinished Business.
    Mantis37 said:

Thanks for taking a look. No, I skipped that component of Unfinished Business.

It happens because I have it installed then. Anyway, I see no trace of Haegan or any other strange creature in your save.
    What do you do prior to it failing? Do I need to change area?