Skip to content

De'Arnise Keep trolls are immune to fire!

I don't know what happened to the game but the trolls in De'Arnise keep are totally immune to fire damage. They are only killable by acid arrows and melf's acid arrow. Fire arrows do not work. After they fall unconcious, only acid damage is killing them.

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Are you sure? Fire Arrows have an additional Save vs. Spell check for the fire damage. You might have to fire several arrows to be successful. Have you tried fire spells, such as Flame Arrow or Agannazar's Scorcher? They should always hit.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Are you running any mods?
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    There is a general problem with trolls that if you are damaging them too quickly, you keep interrupting their switch to susceptible/killable state. Are you unconsciously stopping your attacks to switch to acid damage, and incidentally allowing the game to take its intended course?

(this is one of the more annoying bugs that remains in the game, an always worth confirming you are aware of it when reporting a problem killing trolls, just in case it is that simple!)
  • Jodien37Jodien37 Member Posts: 17
    I use only a ui mod. I don't think it interferes with gameplay. But I didn't figure that fire arrows required saving throw to deal fire damage. Then it comes to trolls having a ridiculously good save versus spells and/or I was being extremely unlucky with the rolls since I fired more than 10 arrows to any given troll throughout the keep none of them killing so I thought it maybe a bug. I switched to the acid arrows to clear the whole area.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited November 2015
    It wansn't TorGal was it? There was a rare bug with him at one point...

Edit: Actually I think that was something different.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    In IWD2, Troll Shamans would use spells to grant themselves fire resistance. But you could overcome it with a strong enough spell.