Skip to content

What if...

cloudkillbeatsallcloudkillbeatsall Member Posts: 98
Adalon actually turned your party into drow, instead of just making you look like drow?

You could have:
Their magic resistance.
Their special abilities.
Their alignment even, so that you cast different spells as a cleric, summoned different demons with aTweaks installed.
And, of course, infravision.
semiticgoddessJuliusBorisov

Comments

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    You'd be attacked on sight in the city, making the story much harder to finish. Also I'd imagine characters like Korgan would be quite angry.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    The surface elves in chapter 6 would be looking to kill you.
    semiticgoddessDragonspear
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cloudkillbeatsallcloudkillbeatsall Member Posts: 98
    Well, Adalon would turn you back. It would be a polymorph spell with a long duration, instead of an illusion spell with a long duration. I suppose it was a bit misleading to talk about your alignment being changed because that doesn't happen when you are shapeshifted/polymorphed.

What I meant was would it be interesting/fun to have in the game? A lot of people would like to be a drow, so here's their chance.

It also makes a lot of sense storywise. Wouldn't Phaere and Solaufein notice your lack of magic resistance, especially when fighting the beholder?
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    I'd try to sleep my way into every female Drow's bed.
    Gotural
  • cloudkillbeatsallcloudkillbeatsall Member Posts: 98
    A couple of girdles of masculinity/femininity would work and Aerie would have to refrain from using her mage spells and Jaheira/Cernd their specifically druid spells. Would make it more difficult and balance the magic resistance a bit.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Meh. So a drow turns into a werewolf? Why not. Got infected on a surface raid and kept it. Also in the black pits there was a drow Druid (of spiders no less), so no reason why bug summoning would be out of the question.

The only issues I see are the lack of magic resistance (which they might not notice except for laughing at your weakness) and of course not knowing drow customs. But the game at least addresses the latter while the former doesn't have to be a game breaker.
    GoturalJuliusBorisov