Skip to content

Courtesans in Windspear Hills

Okay, so, this is a thing that happened.

Chapter 3, decided to rack up some XP before heading out to save Imoen, and went and killed Fiirkragg. So, finish killing Fiirkragg, loot the corpse, and go to head out. Lo and behold, I enter the cavern entrance to the ruins and there is a courtesan there. Non-hostile, just chilling. Get the same responses talking to her as I would talking to her in the city. Then there's another one. And another. Three in total, along with the usual orcs, hobgoblins, and vampiric mists. Buncha courtesans just hanging out with some orcs and hobbs. Tried to get a screenshot, but couldn't get it to work. I have no explanation for this.

I have a save file, but I've already left the area and I'm not sure if the courtesans will still be in the cave. I really, really wish I could prove this, because it is so completely bizarre.
wubblesemiticgoddessButtercheeselolien

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Well bizarre indeed. That's got to be some sort of glitch, it's definitely not the normal behaviour.

Have you got any mods installed, @TheWhitefire?
  • TheWhitefireTheWhitefire Member Posts: 119
    edited November 2015
    Nope, just vanilla. And I just checked, they're still there. I can send you my save file if you're curious.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I have seen this before... It is a bug with characters making area transitions. My guess is the courtesan fled from a fight you had in Athkatla and ran into some building. Now it duplicated and appeared there.

In one of my own runs I found some pheasants flying around by the market in Ust Natha.
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisovAvenger_teambglolien
  • JustLeftJustLeft Member Posts: 76
    Yeah, I recently watched a stream where Ployer was chilling in one of the rooms third level of Watcher's Keep.
    Buttercheese
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    edited December 2015
    Just imagine what you can get for a Holy Avenger! No wonder there were THREE of them. You're just lucky he hadn't paid up yet so you could get the sword.
    ArunsunNotabarbiegirl
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

Just imagine what you can get for a Holy Avenger! No wonder there were THREE of them. You're just lucky he hadn't paid up yet so you could get the sword.

Yeh, they wanted to see his 'Holy Avenger'.
    YupImMadBro
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    H

Buncha courtesans just hanging out with some orcs and hobbs.

Hey! Orcs and hobbs need love to. And nobody's willing to give it to them, so they gotta buy it.
  • TheWhitefireTheWhitefire Member Posts: 119
    NO REGERTS.
    lolien