Skip to content

Exclusive Items List created for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958

Author's Note: This Is A List Of Unique Items Released For Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition And Does Not Contain Items 'Copy And Pasted' From Baldur's Gate II.

Melee Weapons

image Battle Axe +1 'The Golden Axe'
image Club +1
image Club +1 'Night Club'
image Club +2 'Mighty Oak'
image Club +2 'Chanserv's Fish' (Data Mined)
image Mace +1 'The Stupefier'
image War Hammer +1 'Hammer of Dawn'
image Flail +2 'The Thresher'
image Quarter Staff 'The Ossifier' (Cursed)
image Quarter Staff +1 'Neera's Staff'
image Halberd +2 'The Chesley Crusher'
image Scimitar +1 (Unique B.A.M. Icon)
image Long Sword +1, +3 vs. Undead 'Harrower'
image Two-Handed Sword +1 'Gold Digger' (Consumes 10 gold per successful hit)
image Two-Handed Sword +1-2 'Rancor'

Ranged Weapons

image Throwing Axe +1 'Beruel's Retort'
image Dart of Fire
image Dart of Ice
image Dart of Acid
image Sling of Unerring Accuracy
image Bullet of Fire
image Bullet of Ice
image Bullet of Electricity

Armour and Accessories

image Mirror Helm (Data Mined, Incomplete Description - Protection from Petrification)
image Elven Chain Mail (Unique Features: Hide in Shadows -10, Enhanced B.A.M. Icon)
image Plate Mail +2 'The Magma Bulwark'
image Leather Armour +2 'Rugged Leathers'
image Adoy's Belt
image Belt of Antipode
image Cursed Girdle of Hill Giant Strength 'Big Fisted Belt' (Cursed)
image Moonlight Walkers (Only Usable By: Rasaad yn Bashir)
image Glimmering Bands (Only Usable By: Rasaad yn Bashir)
image Cursed Ring of Slight Monsterism 'The Iron Thorn' (Cursed)
image Cursed Ring of Ironic Punishment 'Slave Ring' (Cannot Be Moved Once Obtained, Worn by: Baeloth Barrityl)
image Large Shield +3 'Gorm's Arm' (Data Mined)
image Medium Shield +2 (Black Pits)
image Small Shield +2 (Black Pits)
image Buckler +1 (Black Pits)
image Buckler 'Buckley's Buckler'
image Potion of Healing 'Speedily Stolen Slaves' Salve'
Post edited by WithinAmnesia on
brusGallowglassSylvus_MoonbowKilivitzjustfeelinathomeJustLeftelminsterAbelJuliusBorisov

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Nice reference list, @WithinAmnesia, good idea to do this.

Is the Scimitar +1 truly not a cut-and-paste from BG2? I don't specifically recall, but I'd have thought that a simple +1 scimitar would have already existed somewhere in BG2. If not, then good catch, but I'm surprised.

Those Shields ... I don't recall ever seeing any of them in BG1ee except Buckley's Buckler, so I guess they were invented in the game files for some "unfinished business" which was never actually implemented in the gameplay. (Or perhaps they're in BP1? - I only bothered with that once, so I can't recall clearly.) And surely the Buckler +1 was always in original BG2, in Mae'Var's Guildhouse? I didn't think that was a new invention for the (BG2) EE.

The plain Elven Chain Mail ... original BG2 always contained some enchanted Elven Chain, but I seem to recall that there was a plain Elven Chain somewhere. Somewhere fairly late and useless, I think in ToB (Sendai's Enclave, perhaps?), so it wasn't very memorable ... but indeed it's difficult now to remember what minor items were original and what's new to EEs, so I may be wrong.
    WithinAmnesia
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited November 2015
    @Gallowglass yes and no you are correct and are not correct. I cross-referenced Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast, Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal and Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition.

I based some of the items based on unique B.A.M.s (Icons) such as the Buckler +1 (which I think is the restored Buckler +1 from the 1998-1998 Baldur's Gate) and the Scimitar +1. Also some of items are in the game files as you pointed out. Also the default Elven Chain Mail has a unique B.A.M. and slightly more thieving restrictions compared to the Baldur's Gate II Elven Chain Mail (Hide in shadows -10).

Edit: Also there are a lots more Items in the game files although I wanted the items that 'work' and make some sense within the game and could with little to no work (mostly to the items themselves) be added into the player's loot table.
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    edited November 2015
    Nicely done! Though Gold Digger is not per-se cursed: While it may have a drawback, it can be unequipped/swapped without the remove curse spell. The fact that it does 1d10+4 damage and gold stops being a thing you have to worry about has made me use it a couple of times already! :smile:
    Post edited by justfeelinathome on
    WithinAmnesia
    @justtravelinthrough I will make the proper corrections; thank you.
    justfeelinathome
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I'm not really sure what to make of this, but when I looked through the items list of BG1 in EEKeeper, I noticed that there were a bunch of new shields in the game other than Gorm's Arm that are normally unobtainable, as well as an absolutely ridiculous cursed long sword that can't be obtained either. Most of these shields are incredibly powerful, but the most overpowered of them all is called Sartessa's Vengeance. Here's what it does:

*Armor Class +2, + an additional 2 vs missiles, humanoids, male opponents, and charmed or controlled creatures
    *Aura Cleansing
    *Increases critical hit chance by 35%
    *Can't be backstabbed
    *Can't be permanently killed

However, it can only be used by an elven or half-elven ranger who is neutral good or chaotic good and has at least 12 Charisma.

The long sword I mentioned earlier is called Viper's Edge +2. It has so many abilities that I don't remember them all.
    @OlvynChuru and anyone else please feel free to point any other items found within the game files. Currently I am 'split' to add the 'exotic' Baldur's Gate II style shields; I tested some of them and I found no glaring issues with them. I may add more items under a 'prototype / unusual' list.
    OlvynChuru
    Hmm ... yes, I see that there are numerous ridiculous items in the files, which are (fortunately!) unobtainable. I suspect that many of them were merely coding exercises or the coding equivalent of doodles (such as the sword named "Yes, you are free to go." whose description is "No, now get back to work!").

I suggest that items which aren't included in the game shouldn't be included in the list, else where do you draw the line?
    WithinAmnesia

Hmm ... yes, I see that there are numerous ridiculous items in the files, which are (fortunately!) unobtainable. I suspect that many of them were merely coding exercises or the coding equivalent of doodles (such as the sword named "Yes, you are free to go." whose description is "No, now get back to work!").

I suggest that items which aren't included in the game shouldn't be included in the list, else where do you draw the line?

I think that the line should be drawn where an item can be found to be more than ~85% the way to being a rewarding experience that enhances the overall depth and the player's immersion into the world of which it is found within. I do believe in a high standard of quality found apparent wrought from a near overly zealous application of creative polish and error testing. Thus for myself I find such a line of excellence and or quality to be that of an item which can with a tuneup and or a generous coat of polish become an item of depth, an aspect of richness, a deep pool of immersion and or even perhaps become a treasure worth a found memory.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    You also forgot one new item that I liked so much that I added it to the Thunderhammer Smithy store--Redshield +1, +4 vs Monstrous. In addition to being a "typical" +1 medium shield it also lowers your AC by another 4 if you are fighting an enemy with the general type of "monster" (technically, it lowers their to hit rolls against you by 4 but that is essentially the same as lowering your AC by 4). Ankhegs count as "monsters", as do basilisks, carrion crawlers, various extraplanar creatures, doom guards, dread wolves, elementals, ettercaps, invisible stalkers, myconids, oozes/slimes/jellies, sirines, spiders (how odd--I would have expected them to be "animal"), trolls, and wyverns.
    WithinAmnesiaOlvynChuruJuliusBorisov
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903

Nicely done! Though Gold Digger is not per-se cursed: While it may have a drawback, it can be unequipped/swapped without the remove curse spell. The fact that it does 1d10+4 damage and gold stops being a thing you have to worry about has made me use it a couple of times already! :smile:

That's money well spent!

Mirror Helm? Where is that at?
    WithinAmnesia
    Lateralus said:

Mirror Helm? Where is that at?

That's one of the numerous items (some fairly reasonable, others ridiculous) which are defined in the game's data files, but aren't actually anywhere in the game.
    WithinAmnesia

You also forgot one new item that I liked so much that I added it to the Thunderhammer Smithy store--Redshield +1, +4 vs Monstrous. In addition to being a "typical" +1 medium shield it also lowers your AC by another 4 if you are fighting an enemy with the general type of "monster" (technically, it lowers their to hit rolls against you by 4 but that is essentially the same as lowering your AC by 4). Ankhegs count as "monsters", as do basilisks, carrion crawlers, various extraplanar creatures, doom guards, dread wolves, elementals, ettercaps, invisible stalkers, myconids, oozes/slimes/jellies, sirines, spiders (how odd--I would have expected them to be "animal"), trolls, and wyverns.

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Here are the ones I know of that haven't been mentioned yet:

Circlet (helmet):
    [Has no effects, though it might protect from critical hits; I haven't tested it]

Silver Circlet:
    Saving Throws: +1

Circlet of the Archmagi:
    Armor Class: +1
    Intelligence: +1

Eilistraee's Boon +1:
    Magic Resistance: +10%

Chanserv's Fish +2 (club):
    THAC0: +2
    Damage: 1d6 +2, +1d4 cold
    Speed Factor: 2

Corvyr's Blessing (shield):
    Armor Class: +1
    Constitution: +1
    Save vs Death: 150%

Shield of Devotion:
    Armor Class: +2
    Hit Points: +10%
    Grants an additional spell for levels 1-3
    [Can only be used by paladins, pure clerics and cleric/rangers, I think]

Tarloc's Contingency (shield):
    Armor Class: +2
    Casts Fireshield (Blue) on user in combat
    20% chance to recover spells when seriously injured
    5% chance to gain invisibility when hit
    Encases user in Otiluke's Resilient Sphere if critically wounded or rendered helpless
    [Can only be used by mage/thieves, pure mages and sorcerers, I think. Yes, a pure mage CAN use this shield. However, there is a problem with the sphere ability: since the resilient sphere effect makes you helpless, it triggers itself infinitely.]

Narbucchad's Demise (staff):
    THAC0: +2
    Damage: 1d6 +3
    Speed Factor: 1
    [This weapon has three ways of attacking: melee, weak magic attack, and stronger magic attack. The stronger magic attack fires several Magic Missiles and drains a charge. The weak magic attack fires one Magic Missile and doesn't drain a charge. As the staff loses charges, its THAC0 and damage bonuses get worse.]

The items above are unobtainable as far as I know. All of them aside from maybe Tarloc's Contingency are probably okay to put somewhere in the game. Also, two obtainable items that haven't been mentioned yet are Baeloth's Cursed Ring of Ironic Punishment (basically just a ring of acuity), and the Albruin bastard sword.
    WithinAmnesia
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    edited December 2015
    @WithinAmnesia

Are you the creator of the video ? About the Redshield, the values for the thaco bonus and attack penalties are not specified ("unknown" instead of "monster"), thus it can't indeed work. It may be interesting to test with the corrected settings.

WithinAmnesia

... and the Albruin bastard sword.

No. That's an original BG2 item, not a new creation, so it's ineligible for this list.
    WithinAmnesiaOlvynChuru
    @WithinAmnesia The person who posted that video is correct, but only partially. The base item in the game files is slightly broken--the thac0 bonus versus monstrous creatures does not work, which is why I fixed it for my version of the item. The "attack roll penalty" works versus monstrous opponents, penalizing their to hit rolls by 2. Unfortunately, it does not appear to stack with itself--the effect is listed twice but gives only a single -2 penalty. If you add another instance of it (or remove one instance) the penalty remains at -2 instead of -6 (if you added one). My "fixed" version of the item is close to what is listed in the description: +2 to base AC, an extra +1 to hit monstrous opponents (I had to create a separate .eff file for that), and a +2 AC bonus against monstrous opponents. That is a problem with opcode 219, which is something I cannot fix. Still...it isn't a bad shield to have in this game even though there really aren't a ton of "monstrous" opponents (most creatures are animal, undead, or humanoid).

@OlvynChuru Corvyr's Blessing is also slightly broken in the base files, but I managed to fix that shield, as well. It did exactly what it said it did, setting your save versus death to 150% of its normal value. The problem with that, of course, is that if your save versus death were a 12 when you equipped the shield it would become 18 (yikes) rather than dropping to 8 as it should (the 150% applies to the amount of bonus you get, not the actual final value of the saving throw itself).
    WithinAmnesia
    [Spoiler]

@WithinAmnesia The person who posted that video is correct, but only partially. The base item in the game files is slightly broken--the thac0 bonus versus monstrous creatures does not work, which is why I fixed it for my version of the item. The "attack roll penalty" works versus monstrous opponents, penalizing their to hit rolls by 2. Unfortunately, it does not appear to stack with itself--the effect is listed twice but gives only a single -2 penalty. If you add another instance of it (or remove one instance) the penalty remains at -2 instead of -6 (if you added one). My "fixed" version of the item is close to what is listed in the description: +2 to base AC, an extra +1 to hit monstrous opponents (I had to create a separate .eff file for that), and a +2 AC bonus against monstrous opponents. That is a problem with opcode 219, which is something I cannot fix. Still...it isn't a bad shield to have in this game even though there really aren't a ton of "monstrous" opponents (most creatures are animal, undead, or humanoid).

@OlvynChuru Corvyr's Blessing is also slightly broken in the base files, but I managed to fix that shield, as well. It did exactly what it said it did, setting your save versus death to 150% of its normal value. The problem with that, of course, is that if your save versus death were a 12 when you equipped the shield it would become 18 (yikes) rather than dropping to 8 as it should (the 150% applies to the amount of bonus you get, not the actual final value of the saving throw itself).

[/Spoiler]
    You seem quite talented with items. Now I wonder...

edited December 2015

You seem quite talented with items. Now I wonder...

Years of tinkering with items has taught me how to break things. Sometimes I can even fix them.

edit: there is definitely a problem with opcode 219. If you have two different items giving you the same bonus versus a creature type (monstrous, in this case), the bonuses from the two different items do not stack even though either item gives its normal bonus by itself. I also tried using "cast spell on condition" to apply a second attack penalty against monstrous but, as I found, the effect does not stack. At this point, the only way to correctly apply the +4 would be either adding an effect that targets you if the thing you hit has the general type "monstrous" (but this would work for weapons only) or with a script that says "if the thing attacking me has the general type 'monstrous' then reallyforce the spell on that creature that applies a -2 to hit". For now, I'll just go with Redshield giving only a 2-point bonus, which is still not too bad.
    Post edited by Mathsorcerer on
    NotabarbiegirlWithinAmnesia
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    Just out of curiosity: Do all of these items have a Code for the Console so that you could cheat them in?

I'm thinking of maybe, one day, doing a run where I'd allow myself using it for something more than debug. :blush:
    WithinAmnesia
    Yes, you may console in the items which were not implemented. Redshield, for example, is shld06p so C:CreateItem("shld06p"); will add it to your inventory.
    WithinAmnesiajustfeelinathome
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    But where are they located?
    WithinAmnesia

If you cheat them in with the console, then they appear in your inventory.

Otherwise, they're nowhere, that's the point - the game files contain definitions for these items, but they're not actually included in the game.
    WithinAmnesiasemiticgoddess
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085

If you cheat them in with the console, then they appear in your inventory.

Otherwise, they're nowhere, that's the point - the game files contain definitions for these items, but they're not actually included in the game.
    Ah, that's too bad. I would have liked to have used Flail +2 'The Thresher' for another adventure I'm planning, but no need if it can't be found. :(
    WithinAmnesiasemiticgoddess
    C:CreateItem("blun39"); should do the trick. I already added it as an item you can buy from Sorcerous Sundries in Baldur's Gate city. The description for The Thresher almost makes you think it should have some other extra little effect but it doesn't. Nevertheless, a +2 flail is a really good weapon in BGEE.
    WithinAmnesia

Ah, that's too bad. I would have liked to have used Flail +2 'The Thresher' for another adventure I'm planning, but no need if it can't be found. :(

Oh hang on, we're talking at cross-purposes here. I thought you were asking about the unfamiliar items such as the Redshield and so on.

The Thresher +2 is included in the game. You can buy it from Halbazzer Drin in Sorcerous Sundries.
    WithinAmnesiajoluv
    You can? I thought that was one of my personal additions. Of course, most of my edits are two years old so I may have forgotten what I have or have not done.
    WithinAmnesia

You can? I thought that was one of my personal additions. Of course, most of my edits are two years old so I may have forgotten what I have or have not done.

Yep, the Thresher is present in unmodded BG1ee.
    WithinAmnesia
    I 'fixed' the 'Redshield +1, +4 vs. Monstrous' although I grew fond of the enchanted medium shield and I made a reforged version instead of which I hope is an improvement although I do not know if it is or not.

I created this video for a small group of people within a conversation for a crazy project that I am working on although I think that the video could be found to be enjoyed here too; perhaps even more so.