Skip to content

Shandyr's weight loss thread

1235»

Comments

• FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    Hi Shandyr,
    Regarding what you previously said:
    Shandyr said:

My overweight friend has accepted himself the way he is, too. And he doesn't care what others think either.
    I don't know how the two of you do that. I care too much about what others think of me and I cannot find that "switch" in my brain which I'd like to pull and never care about what others think of me again.

I'd like to comment that it's okay to care what other's think of you. Sure, it is desirable to be unburdened by the concerns, but I don't think having the concern is something that should cause a person shame, stress, or worry. The stress of caring is enough, we shouldn't place more stress on ourselves as if we were somehow deficient for having this very human, very social animal concern to fit in.

I used to look in the mirror and feel ashamed about how scrawney I am. I never worked out because I though I'd be doing it out of vanity. Then one day I said, Who cares? Maybe I am vain. I want to look better. Now I better like the way I look, and I don't spend any more time in front of the mirror than I did before, but for the time I do spend in the mirror my thoughts are positive at least.

Its a wierd topic. We can be so cruel to overwieght people. And that's wrong. It stems from our "Us vs them" instinct, which I think needs reevaluation--more us, less them. On the other hand, I think its wrong to pretend that shape and size are irrelevent. We shouldn't pretend that some shapes for any given person don't ring our hormonal bell more than the other too scrawney/too fat ones do.

So in summary to all the good health reasons for diet and exercise. I for one, count moderate vanity as a valid and healthy motivation.
    semiticgoddess[Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Hey @Shandyr
    I haven't read your whole post, so forgive me if this has come up before. But one of my favorite things to do is martial arts. It's good for the body as exercise and control, and mentally empowering as well. Have you considered trying this? I don't really like to exercise either, and suspect I would be unhealthily overweight if my job didn't require me to walk 7 miles a day. But martial arts doesn't feel like exercise to me, although it is definitely more rigorous than most weight loss programs out there. It's fun for me, although I haven't been involved for a few years now.
    Just thought I would share. I hope it doesn't offend you.
    [Deleted User]FinneousPJlolien
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Well, look from a bright side - seems like they really do care about your well-being, otherwise I can't imagine why one would take the trouble to find a thread, read it, register and make a post :)

On a diet side, you seem to be having cold dishes mostly? It's possible to make very nice hot stew with carrot, tomatoes, peppers, green beans, broccoli, mushrooms etc. especially with some seasoning.
    mashedtatersJuliusBorisovlolien
    Ardanis said:

Well, look from a bright side - seems like they really do care about your well-being, otherwise I can't imagine why one would take the trouble to find a thread, read it, register and make a post :)

On a diet side, you seem to be having cold dishes mostly? It's possible to make very nice hot stew with carrot, tomatoes, peppers, green beans, broccoli, mushrooms etc. especially with some seasoning.

Because there is an unbelievable amount of money in weight loss programs and scams. Sorry to burst your bubble, @Shandyr , but spammers don't actually care about your well-being enough to register and post. They care about their wallet's well being.

But, wait... It's... happening...to...me...! I'm...transforming...into...a...spammer!!!!

...Rrrraaaarrghghghghghghg!!!!!!

Hello, Generic Female and/or Male Potential Sucker Consumer, my name is Mashedtaters, and I used to weigh 600lbs! But since I started the new, patented Mashedtaters Diet three days ago, I have lost over 599lbs! Want to know how I did it??? Well, I don't call it my patented Mashedtaters Diet for nothing! Just take my special, instant mashedtater mix and combine it with spam! Yes, after eating nothing but spam and mashedtaters for every meal, you too can have the body that everyone wants! Just look at these before and after pictures for real life proof of how I used the Mashedtaters Diet to my advantage:

Before:

After:

And if you call now, you will receive a free Mashedtaters Cookbook, with over 1000 mashed potato recipes! Call now for a free trial! Don't delay! Call now! Call now! Call now!
    BelgarathMTHlolienGodCrevsDaak
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108

Ardanis said:

Because there is an unbelievable amount of money in weight loss programs and scams. Sorry to burst your bubble, @Shandyr , but spammers don't actually care about your well-being enough to register and post. They care about their wallet's well being.

But, wait... It's... happening...to...me...! I'm...transforming...into...a...spammer!!!!

...Rrrraaaarrghghghghghghg!!!!!!

Hello, Generic Female and/or Male Potential Sucker Consumer, my name is Mashedtaters, and I used to weigh 600lbs! But since I started the new, patented Mashedtaters Diet three days ago, I have lost over 599lbs! Want to know how I did it??? Well, I don't call it my patented Mashedtaters Diet for nothing! Just take my special, instant mashedtater mix and combine it with spam! Yes, after eating nothing but spam and mashedtaters for every meal, you too can have the body that everyone wants! Just look at these before and after pictures for real life proof of how I used the Mashedtaters Diet to my advantage:

Before:

After:

And if you call now, you will receive a free Mashedtaters Cookbook, with over 1000 mashed potato recipes! Call now for a free trial! Don't delay! Call now! Call now! Call now!
    I'm so excited right now, but where can i find the telefon number?

Sorry @Shandyr to spam your thread further...
    mashedtaters
    @lolien
    First you must pm me the date of birth, social security number, and mother's maiden name of yourself and all your loved ones! You will then be charged a one time registration fee of $50 (per pound that you wish to lose)!
    But don't delay, act now! Act now! Call now! Call...now...mrrmffmrump...call...mrrmff...now...

*static*
    lolien
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Can't say I support weight loss. I generally recommend improving body composition instead. I could give some actionable advice on that. Though it'd all be very scary things, such that might give a heart attack to your doctor :smirk:
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    I've lost hundreds of pounds with the Moesenhof Protein
    Kamigoroshi
This discussion has been closed.