Skip to content

Here is something BG could really use from IWD

(among other things) IWD all party AI script! Rogue's that natrually are always on the look out for traps! An Invisibility that stays invisable until I don't won't him to while still managing auto attacking fighters!

The only script that I see of any use besides standard attack, is defensive cleric for healing.

Is there another script thats useful?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,739
    You've got me here. Never use any AI scripts.

I've thought here you would write smth like "Bard songs" or "Druid spells" :)
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if im not mistaken, you can import IWD scripts into BG and vice versa, back in the old vanilla days, I would actually import the SoA standard attack script into my bg1 folder and IWD folder and it worked like a charm
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    edited December 2015
    The AI script for the BG series used to get me, or someone else, killed or maimed on a regular basis. I was always switching between AI and manual management but frequently forgot to turn it on/off when needed.

I believe that you can download the SCS mod and install nothing but the AI script improvements. SCS comes with a new script, the 'Ease-of-Use' AI, which while not perfect is really quite decent.

Some pros of the Ease-of-Use AI include:
    1. Not attacking when invisible unless commanded (at which point auto-attack takes over).
    2. Not countermanding player orders.
    3. Auto casting of certain long duration spells and items after resting/when previous casting runs out.
    4. Ammo management/reducing of waste.
    5. Accelerated casting of buff spells when not in combat (like Death ward, protection from fire, healing, etc.)
    6. Auto-casting of certain specific protection spells when commanded by hotkey. (For example, a character with three Death Ward spells will cast Death Ward on her/himself and two other party members if 'V' is pressed. The character casting the spells is hasted and insta-casts if no enemies are nearby and the party is not in combat.)

I don't think I've had a moment since where I've died because I realized 'Damnit, forgot to turn off the AI again!' when one of my characters did something I didn't expect them to do because I was trying to manage things manually.

Who knows, it might work for you.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460

The best script is called "Party AI: Off".

I agree. I always play with full control of the characters, unless I face patheticly easy foes that can be dispatched in melee.

Last time I forgot to turn the ai off, and when Jan failed a pickpocket and turned a shopkeeper hostile, he auto-attacked with his crossbow, at point blank range, with a CRITICAL. Thank you, Jan, for always missing or taking too long to ready your crossbow when facing someone I need to hit asap. My rep took a heavy hit and my mp created archer became fallen. And since I play minimal reload I was not overjoyed. Now I have a slower leveling up fighter with grandmastery in longbows and limited to studded leather.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I put my fighters on Standard Attack and then turn on party AI during minor skirmishes when I don't want to click on every enemy to bring them down, to save time. Then I turn it off for harder battles when I want to micromanage people.
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    I'm aware that is not an appropriate place to ask such question, but:

There are some mods out there I recall are somehow in usage of party AI, like "turn on for 10 sec." etc. (aTweaks perhaps..), and I started to wonder: if I turn off AI, will they stop working?
  • TymakerTymaker Member Posts: 105
    edited December 2015
    Nooooo... It's not about other mods can do, silly, its about what this company/mode can do!
  • TymakerTymaker Member Posts: 105
    edited December 2015
    I am a tymaker. Oh you are so aware... Now let's get to work.