Skip to content

(another) Import question and EE Keeper related question starting BG2

So I finally finished BG1 with a Sorceror (core rules.) I had the golden pantaloons in my inventory (although not identified) and was wearing the cloak of balduran when the final save took place. I just installed (via Steam MacOS) BG2EE and in my imported game I have zero items in my backpack from BG1. From researching it looks like the cloak doesn't import, but how come I don't have the pantaloons? Is it because I didn't identify them first?

Also, although I have two other characters (a F/T and Inquisitor) with saved games right before you enter the Baldur's Gate city chapter, I really don't want to go through the whole bg1 end game with them just yet, but I might want to start BG2 with them as if I 'did' - If the latter is the case, I can just EE Keeper the stat raises I would have achieved with some of the tomes I would have found during the latter part of the game. Yea it's cheating a bit, but I'm really anxious to start my BG2 characters (after soooo many re-rolls of different characters in BG1.. I need to put that one to rest for a bit:) Is this wiki list of gear that can be imported accurate http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Importing_a_Character ? If so, other than the stat alterations, am I correct in my assumptions that it doesn't seem like I'm missing that much not importing a character into BG2 (other than the role-playing aspects of using the same toon throughout) ?

Comments

• DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    edited December 2015
    The golden pantaloons are in
    a locked and trapped painting in the room with the golem, next to the room with the cages
    And importing a character without finishing the game in BG1 doesn't matter at all, the
    Bhaalspawn powers are assigned anyway even if you didn't have them before
    The list that you linked is not completely accurate because with the last patch BG2 will import a weapon that you had in the previous game; though it will not be in your inventory from the very first beginning,
    the djinn will give it to you in the first dungeon

I don't have the list but it's somewhere in the forum
    Post edited by Daevelon on
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    what I would suggest, is if you are going to import your characters, make sure you have the golden pantaloons and the platemail+1 from bg1, having the platemail+1 in your inventory when you import over will place it somewhere in the first dungeon which can really help out in that dungeon, and also my opinion for best importable items are the helm of balduran ( which is default anyway) and the platemail +1 ( if you don't have it, the chainmail +2 will be there instead) so in retrospect as you say, you really in the long term wont really miss on anything ( as long as you bring the pantaloons along)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @rickcr You can check the list in the OP here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/37637/now-when-the-weapon-transfer-is-available-what-would-your-choice-be/p1 - Also, this poll has a very useful info on the weapon import.

You don't get imported items in the backpack right from the start in BG2, you find them in the starting dungeon as you progress through it.

Whether the item was identified at the moment you export your save or not, doesn't matter here.