Skip to content

Baldur's Gate the movie, pick the actor

Comments

• VampQueen31VampQueen31 Member Posts: 60
    edited September 2012
    haha, as soon as I saw this thread title the first thing I thought was Vin Diseal as Sarevok and it seems almost everyone else did too.
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    @Jaxsbudgie + Emily Blunt looks FAAAJN!
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    edited September 2012
    I have moar!

Diana Kruger (of Inglorious Basterds fame) as Jaheira
    Photobucket

Romola Garai (of the BBC's The Hour fame) as Nalia (too easy to say Drew Barrymore)
    Photobucket

And Tilda Swinton as Amelyssan or Solar
    Photobucket
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    edited September 2012

@Jaxsbudgie

Dude, that Elisabeth Moss looks much better suited for Shar-Teel, actually...

Kudos for Christina Hendricks.

Wait, what? Have you seen Mad Men?
    I don't think she has the acting capability / is in her nature / has the build for an Amazonian!
    Nah, honestly no.
    I was just judging based on the picture you provided. ;)

And Tilda Swinton as Amelyssan

Ok, NOW we're getting somewhere!

I was just judging based on the picture you provided. ;)

You should, it's amazing. Elisabeth Moss who plays Peggy Olson is awesome, her and Peter Campbell are my favourites.

Ok, NOW we're getting somewhere!

I have more on the way!
    OK soooo

Peyton List (of Mad Men fame) for Skie. Although Katie Holmes is an almost carbon copy of Skie's portrait, I don't think she's a good or credible actress. Peyton on the other hand is and actually plays a very similar role (well I might add) in Mad Men.

Photobucket

This next one hurts me because I hate this NPC, but Clemence Poesy for Aerie. You may recognise here from (sigh) Harry Potter, but she's also been in some good stuff such as In Bruges and the BBC's adaptation of Birdsong.

Photobucket

Now it gets a bit Game of Thrones-ey here, but these characters just look and act the part, so Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen) for Imoen

Photobucket

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jamie Lannister) for Edwin, he bloody looks just like him!

Photobucket

Richard Madden (Robb Stark) for ... and this hurts me to say it ... Anomen.

Photobucket

Joseph Mawle (Benjen Stark) and also Birdsong for Kivam, he even looks like an elf!

Photobucket

Alright, that was the last Game of Thrones people, now for Khalid played by Matthew Goode (also from Birdsong but probably more recognisable from Watchmen)

Photobucket
    edited September 2012
    @Jaxsbudgie

I don't like your choices for Kivan (too old/rough/hairy looking! :P ) and Imoen (too pretty, too much of a "little princess", not tomboyish enough).
    I love Khalid, Anomen, Edwin and Aerie.

And going back to Nalia, I now see the similarity. She's kind of a younger Drew Barrymore, actually, so yeah...

I still think Katie Holmes would be the perfect Skie.
    Leaving aside the fact that they're carbon copies of each other...
    To interpret some characters you need to know how to act, for some you just need to look tough, for others you "just" need to be funny, for others you just need to be sexy.
    For Skie, you just need to nail the smirk. And Katie Holmes is the world champion of smirking. She literally can't do any other face. PERFECT! :P

@Khamill

LOL
    edited September 2012

@Jaxsbudgie

I don't like your choices for Kivan (too old/rough/hairy looking! :P ) and Imoen (too pretty, too much of a "little princess", not tomboyish enough).
    I love Khalid, Anomen, Edwin and Aerie.

And going back to Nalia, I now see the similarity. She's kind of a younger Drew Barrymore, actually, so yeah...

I still think Katie Holmes would be the perfect Skie.
    Leaving aside the fact that they're carbon copies of each other...
    To interpret some characters you need to know how to act, for some you just need to look tough, for others you "just" need to be funny, for others you just need to be sexy.
    For Skie, you just need to nail the smirk. And Katie Holmes is the world champion of smirking. She literally can't do any other face. PERFECT! :P

Alright, agreed about Imoen ... needs to be someone a bit more tomboyish, could be a tricky one
    Sure Katie Holmes can smirk, but I don't think it's a smirk Skie is pulling, more of a bothered contempt look
    Plus, Katie Holmes' voice ... ugh, I think American actors should be kept to a minimum (no offence guys) unless of course they can pull a good English accent, which most of the NPC voice actors tend to do - I thought the guy who voiced Eldoth was English, how very wrong I was.
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    edited September 2012
    There's more to a character than a look. They need to carry themselves in a certain way, or have certain abilities and talents.

For example, a good Garrick should be a skilled and possibly tenoral singer.

Besides which, if a character doesn't LOOK the part fully, there's always wigs, hair dye and makeup. You'd be surprised what a little makeup can do.

But who am I kidding, nobody cares about doing it right, let's just compare pictures to portraits!
  • Skirge01Skirge01 Member Posts: 1
    I actually joined the forum just so that I could post my pick for Imoen:

Jewel Staite

If Firefly's Kaylee wasn't tomboy enough, I don't know who would be. Smart, funny, flirty, tough, sometimes naive and still sexy. She's already got the hair, too. I was shocked Aosaw didn't pick her, given his Whedon slant.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Skirge01 said:

Jewel Staite

If Firefly's Kaylee wasn't tomboy enough, I don't know who would be. Smart, funny, flirty, tough, sometimes naive and still sexy. She's already got the hair, too. I was shocked Aosaw didn't pick her, given his Whedon slant.

Yeeeaaaahhh. :D

Ron Perlman should be anywhere in this movie, regardless of role. A Fighter Bhaalspawn could have learned how to fight from him -- remember, the fluff says that the Bhaalspawn was a blacksmith's apprentice, if a Fighter.
    Peter Wingfield might be a good, older half-elven man...or Nimbul.
    Jim Byrnes would also be a good idea, possibly as a voice for the spirit of Gorion the Ghost of Ulcaster, like how he was the Ghost of Epimetrius in the Conan the Adventurer cartoon.
    Not sure where Michael Hurst would fit in, but he needs to, he's cool.
  • ramagonsramagons Member Posts: 96
    Bringing celebrity culture to baldur's gate makes me want to roleplay getting drunk and hanging myself in the Friendly Arm's wine cellar.
    ramagons said:

Bringing celebrity culture to baldur's gate makes me want to roleplay getting drunk and hanging myself in the Friendly Arm's wine cellar.

So who would you cast? A bunch of small fry actors? Personally, I'd be okay with that if they can capture the role.
  • ramagonsramagons Member Posts: 96
    @Dazzu I wouldn't cast anyone. The only three word phrase worse than "You have (horrific disease in one word)" is "video game movie."
    edited September 2012
    I suppose if you get a bad director like Uwe Blow, but if you get a smart production team.... ya never know. Still, this is all a tad off topic from the ACTORS.
  • Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437
    Britney Spears as Viconia.
    Skirge01 said:

Jewel Staite

OMG

She even looks like Imoen's BG1 portrait, a bit.

Who would play Finch?
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    edited September 2012
    Joe Manganiello is an absolute no brainer casting choice for Anomen! (IMHO)

EDIT: Uh, hells wot @belgarathmth said, in fact. Obviously at least two of us think it so it's just gotta be (& you have to know just how restrained I was in not posting one of the many, many photos out there of 'the Wolfman' sans top!
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited September 2012
    Dazzu said:

Who would play Finch?

/gasp Oh my god Finch. What about Indira and Keto?

And those other mod NPCs I've ignored because they aren't Finch or Indira or Keto.
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134

I have moar!

Photobucket

Romola Garai (of the BBC's The Hour fame) as Nalia (too easy to say Drew Barrymore)
    Photobucket

And Tilda Swinton as Amelyssan or Solar
    Photobucket

I don't think she would fit Amel, but the Solar would be brilliant
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    edited September 2012
    Aosaw said:

Jon Irenicus: Michael Fasbender

Yup!
    Khalid: Martin Freeman
    Aw, that's just too cute!
    Aosaw said:

Anomen: Nathan Fillion
    "Look, I know I'm *punch* not the most conventional *punch* paladin you've ever *punch* seen, but *punch* I think I'd be really *punch* good for the Order. *punch* "

Hahahaha, I can absolutely see this, the king of the geeks is a little on the old side but I'd go with it.
    Aosaw said:

...Did I mention that Joss Whedon was writing and directing?

Dah da da da da da da daaaaah! & You win, everything for that suggestion :)
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I think the movie should be directed, written and Charname played by Tommy Wiseau.

Charname:Oh hi Irenicus.

Irenicus:Ehy Charname whats up?

Charname:I'm gonna kill you moderfucker.

Irenicus:What!? Why?

Charname:Because you stole mah soul.

Irenicus:What!? I did not stole your soul, its not true, its bullshit, i did not stole your soul, i did naaat.

Charname:You are lying. YOU ARE TEARING ME APART IRENICUS!
  • KouTheMadKouTheMad Member Posts: 77

I think the movie should be directed, written and Charname played by Tommy Wiseau.

Charname:Oh hi Irenicus.

Irenicus:Ehy Charname whats up?

Charname:I'm gonna kill you moderfucker.

Irenicus:What!? Why?

Charname:Because you stole mah soul.

Irenicus:What!? I did not stole your soul, its not true, its bullshit, i did not stole your soul, i did naaat.

Charname:You are lying. YOU ARE TEARING ME APART IRENICUS!

Oh Hai Boo, howz yer sex life?

seriously that amused me far too much.
  • TiaxRulesAllTiaxRulesAll Member Posts: 198
    edited November 2012

To further drive the point home...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

...need I say more?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your welcome
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078

Cast- Patrick stewart
    one man production, the only solution to appease my geekyness.

Edit - as it's a movie it'd be a film of the staged version.

This is exactly what I thought the second I saw the title of the thread. You are officially the most awesome ever for posting this comment.
  • IcallhimlecobraIcallhimlecobra Member Posts: 59
    James Woods - All roles

Your welcome

I see your Skie Holmes and I raise you one Imoen Staite.

• rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    Well i'm going to go with an all australian version of the cast, some i think would be perfect, other would just make me laugh to subvert their personas a little...

Imoen: Rose Byrne
    Xzar: Yahoo Serious
    Montaron: Daniel Henshall
    Jaheira: Cate Blanchett
    Khalid: Sam Worthington
    Garrick: Xavier Samuel
    Kagain: Joel Edgerton
    Minsc: Russell Crowe.
    Dynaheir: Rachel Griffiths.
    Edwin: Guy Pearce
    Xan: Noah Taylor.
    Branwen: Portia De Rossi.